Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Toaster update!

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

Glad to see you were joking about latest drivers. I had to look to make
sure you weren't serious about that. Never know when this will really
happen, and the only toasters on the market have LCD screens, network
jacks and cost $1000. I'm certainly no luddite, but I'm not ready for
computers in simple kitchen appliances.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Jon Elson wrote:
Buerste wrote:
Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

Glad to see you were joking about latest drivers. I had to look to make
sure you weren't serious about that. Never know when this will really
happen, and the only toasters on the market have LCD screens, network
jacks and cost $1000. I'm certainly no luddite, but I'm not ready for
computers in simple kitchen appliances.

Don't laugh. My wife & I just ecently bought an LG front loading washing
machine. We decided to pass on the top of the line modle with the
ethernet connection. It can be programmed to send you an email when the
laundry is done.

Doug White
Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

And they'll all die with the first couple of power bumps,
just like my coffee maker, electronic phones, electronic fluorescent
ballasts (yeah, got the lot of them) and anything else that isn't tied
down. Fortunately, the dishwasher still lives, as does the propane
range, although the self-clean cycle tries real hard to melt the plastic
holding the expensive circuit board in place... /mark
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Buerste wrote:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a
better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

well, I got mine! Not yet, but they charged my card.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:55:19 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

Latest drivers? g

That's a deactivated item, Tawm, but $16.99 -would- have been a nice
price.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

snip
Latest drivers? g

That's a deactivated item, Tawm, but $16.99 -would- have been a nice
price.

I did get one at that price, one of the last it seems. It's an "open box"
so it might have somebody's moldy old English muffins jammed in it. Yum!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:25:30 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

snip
Latest drivers? g

That's a deactivated item, Tawm, but $16.99 -would- have been a nice
price.

I did get one at that price, one of the last it seems. It's an "open box"
so it might have somebody's moldy old English muffins jammed in it. Yum!

It means that someone returned it because it didn't work. That's why I
never buy the last (and opened) box on the store shelf. Best of luck
on it, though. (Either with repair or ingymuff unjamming. If you're
lucky, the kid didn't put it back in to warm it with butter and jam
already oozing from it.)

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:25:30 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

snip
Latest drivers? g

That's a deactivated item, Tawm, but $16.99 -would- have been a nice
price.

I did get one at that price, one of the last it seems. It's an "open box"
so it might have somebody's moldy old English muffins jammed in it. Yum!

It means that someone returned it because it didn't work. That's why I
never buy the last (and opened) box on the store shelf. Best of luck
on it, though. (Either with repair or ingymuff unjamming. If you're
lucky, the kid didn't put it back in to warm it with butter and jam
already oozing from it.)

I buy tens of $Ks from Newegg each year and try to get "open box" items.
I've never had a problem and the prices are great!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:53:45 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

[...]

I guess that Newegg doesn't pull the crap that Wally World (or Homey's
Despot, etc.) does. That's good to hear.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote:

I buy tens of $Ks from Newegg each year and try to get "open box" items.
I've never had a problem and the prices are great!

Check contents carefully. Bought some deck screws the other day. Couldn't find phillips
head ones, just some modified torx type. I got near check out when I noticed the box had
been cut open. Yup, bit missing. Back to get another box.

Newegg seems solid as a supplier so far. Never burned me yet.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a
better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

well, I got mine! Not yet, but they charged my card.

Maybe you got the last one?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a
better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for
it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

well, I got mine! Not yet, but they charged my card.

Maybe you got the last one?

Maybe. I got it Friday, it was never plugged in. There was a small bit of
damage on the box. I works GREAT! Toast in less than a minute! I turned
off all the lights in the kitchen and you can almost read in there with just
the glow from the toaster.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:00:25 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

Buerste wrote:

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a
better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for
it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

well, I got mine! Not yet, but they charged my card.

Maybe you got the last one?

Maybe. I got it Friday, it was never plugged in. There was a small bit of
damage on the box. I works GREAT! Toast in less than a minute! I turned
off all the lights in the kitchen and you can almost read in there with just
the glow from the toaster.

Erm, candlelit toastmaking, just you and the toaster in the dark?

Please seek (MORE) professional help, Tawm.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:KdGdnY7B0edvDGfVnZ2dnUVZ_r_inZ2d@earthlink. com...

Buerste wrote:

[...]

Maybe I need a sexual surrogate, I wonder if Kaiser will cover it and if she
will be cute???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:33:04 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Erm, candlelit toastmaking, just you and the toaster in the dark?

Please seek (MORE) professional help, Tawm.

Maybe I need a sexual surrogate, I wonder if Kaiser will cover it and if she
will be cute???

Kaiser? If they do, it'll be more like "Hey, meester! Djou wanna fock
my seester? Only $2! She eez a virgin. Stand in line over there."

Real cute, like a telephone answering service babe, 5 by 5!

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:20:39 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Buerste wrote:
Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my
requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better
source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it
though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16896786055R

Glad to see you were joking about latest drivers. I had to look to make
sure you weren't serious about that. Never know when this will really
happen, and the only toasters on the market have LCD screens, network
jacks and cost $1000. I'm certainly no luddite, but I'm not ready for
computers in simple kitchen appliances.

Jon

The new toasters will have video cameras inside with a tilting,
rotating, display on the outside so you can check the doneness of your
toast. This will be much easier than bending down and looking through
a window.
ERS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:33:09 +0000, etpm wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:20:39 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

Glad to see you were joking about latest drivers. I had to look to make
sure you weren't serious about that. Never know when this will really
happen, and the only toasters on the market have LCD screens, network
jacks and cost $1000. I'm certainly no luddite, but I'm not ready for
computers in simple kitchen appliances.

The new toasters will have video cameras inside with a tilting,
rotating, display on the outside so you can check the doneness of your
toast. This will be much easier than bending down and looking through a
window.

In the good ol' days, you knew the toast was done when it popped up. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:33:09 GMT, the infamous
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Buerste wrote:
[...]

Call me a Luddite. I either look through the window (I use a toaster
oven rather than a toaster) or just sniff or listen. Breakfast isn't
ready until the smoke alarm goes off.

--
"The latest documents released this week showed
that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:31:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
Call me a Luddite. I either look through the window (I use a toaster
oven rather than a toaster) or just sniff or listen. Breakfast isn't
ready until the smoke alarm goes off.

Some good warm syrup (Maple!) along with some pancakes or
waffles to soak it up beats toast any day

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:32:58 -0400, the infamous Leon Fisk
scrawled the following:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:31:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
Call me a Luddite. I either look through the window (I use a toaster
oven rather than a toaster) or just sniff or listen. Breakfast isn't
ready until the smoke alarm goes off.

Some good warm syrup (Maple!) along with some pancakes or
waffles to soak it up beats toast any day

I butter my waffles, but sometimes spread sour cream and
no-sugar-added jelly on them. Smuckers makes a kickass jelly.
The seedless blackberry and apricot are ta die for.

--
"The latest documents released this week showed
that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse
problems continued in the ministry as recently as
two years ago. That doesn't sound like a church,
it sounds like Congress with holy water." -Jay Leno
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

Maybe. I got it Friday, it was never plugged in. There was a small bit of
damage on the box. I works GREAT! Toast in less than a minute! I turned
off all the lights in the kitchen and you can almost read in there with just
the glow from the toaster.

Next, you'll want a big UPS so you can make toast if the electric
goes out. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

Maybe I need a sexual surrogate, I wonder if Kaiser will cover it and if she
will be cute???

I though Kaiser only hired 'union' girls?

Toaster Testing Adam Aglionby UK diy 6 January 30th 08 11:06 AM
Toaster Frustration (2) TheScullster UK diy 7 December 20th 06 04:22 PM
Tefal Toaster John UK diy 0 February 18th 06 10:38 AM
Un-toaster Asimov Electronics Repair 1 February 15th 06 07:51 AM
Toaster [email protected] Home Repair 8 September 13th 04 06:05 PM