Try abrading the wire connections as they can get degraded, think
cleaning battery terminals to get a flashbulb to work. Oxidation?

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:54:28 GMT, smithfarms pure kona
wrote:

Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just
for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even
crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph
(sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an
electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric
company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in
toaster?

Thank you in advance for any information.
with aloha,
Thunder

smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff

Edwin Pawlowski

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just
for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even
crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph
(sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an
electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric
company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in
toaster?

Take a look inside with the toaster on. Are all the elements glowing as they
should? While most toasters do last a long time, the elements eventually
will burn up.

As for grades, yes, the real cheap ones have thinner elements, larger
spacing, thinner materials all around. Most every toast today is made in
China. The $220 Dualit is made in England. For $30 to $50 you can get a
good one. For $7.50 you can get a cheap one.

Bill

Here are higher end toasters for restaurants ranging from $105.00 to
$1,361.00. (You get what you pay for...)

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...ID=7&catid=109

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just
for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even
crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph
(sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an
electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric
company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in
toaster?

Thank you in advance for any information.
with aloha,
Thunder

HA HA Budys Here

From: "Bill"

Here are higher end toasters for restaurants ranging from $105.00 to
$1,361.00. (You get what you pay for...)

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...ID=7&catid=109

Ooooh I gotta get the one that requires 3 phase 208v 40a which can produce 740
slices an hour!

smithfarms pure kona

Wow thanks to everyone. I have more information that I needed as I
just make two pieces of toast a day g, but I am grateful for all the
answers and I will certainly be buying a higher quality toaster this
week.

with aloha,
Cea

smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
Gini

In article , HA HA Budys Here
says...

From: "Bill"

Here are higher end toasters for restaurants ranging from $105.00 to
$1,361.00. (You get what you pay for...)

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...ID=7&catid=109

Ooooh I gotta get the one that requires 3 phase 208v 40a which can produce 740
slices an hour!

===
So...I'm not the only one with a bunch o' kids, eh?
===

Joe Bobst

Thank you in advance for any information

Madam Pele' has put a curse on it. Maybe the power lines run Kona-Hilo. Buy a
new one and be repentent. g

Joe

Bill

From: "Bill"

Here are higher end toasters for restaurants ranging from $105.00 to
$1,361.00. (You get what you pay for...)

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...ID=7&catid=109

Ooooh I gotta get the one that requires 3 phase 208v 40a which can

produce 740
slices an hour!

Better get this too...

The SANOVO SP20000 automatic hard-boiled egg-peeling
machine offers a capacity of up to 20.000 peeled eggs per hour...
http://www.sanovoeng.com/pdf/SP%2020000.pdf