Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New nom de plume for an oft contributor

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

In the mean time, I'm looking for a source of stainless steel sheet. 12 ga x
2" x 36" I need about 100 lbs. Any ideas? I wonder if Gunner might have
some in the lower 40. I need to quote on 1,000 4" mini-grinder knot brushes
that are all stainless parts to go into some kind of food service.

Thanks,
Buerste

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"buerste" wrote:

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn
my real information. I'm sure some with language skills will
figure it out instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows
to go what some people will do if they are in disagreement.

It's no big deal. When communicating in public, the idea of using a
handle is old as the hills. Only politicians and spammers want every
stranger in the world know their real name/information/whatever.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 8, 5:52 pm, John Doe wrote:
"buerste" wrote:
I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn
my real information. I'm sure some with language skills will
figure it out instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows
to go what some people will do if they are in disagreement.

It's no big deal. When communicating in public, the idea of using a
handle is old as the hills. Only politicians and spammers want every
stranger in the world know their real name/information/whatever.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423

Buerste... Appropriate name!

Hope you will survive the financial tsunami that's brewing; I wish
the same for all thoughtful contributors to RCM.

Wolfgang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:07:08 -0400, "buerste" wrote:

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

In the mean time, I'm looking for a source of stainless steel sheet. 12 ga x
2" x 36" I need about 100 lbs. Any ideas? I wonder if Gunner might have
some in the lower 40. I need to quote on 1,000 4" mini-grinder knot brushes
that are all stainless parts to go into some kind of food service.

Thanks,
Buerste

Have you checked with Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush? They may be an off
the shelf item

Ill be at my favorite surplus place tommorow, Ill check for SS

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
Have you checked with Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush? ...

Gotcha! (but it was 4 am)

Bob
--
Nota for President

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

I will do that, I KNOW he's a wonderful guy, generous to a fault, makes good
products...but, he's not very bright!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 01:02:11 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:07:08 -0400, "buerste" wrote:

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

In the mean time, I'm looking for a source of stainless steel sheet. 12 ga x
2" x 36" I need about 100 lbs. Any ideas? I wonder if Gunner might have
some in the lower 40. I need to quote on 1,000 4" mini-grinder knot brushes
that are all stainless parts to go into some kind of food service.

Thanks,
Buerste

Have you checked with Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush? They may be an off
the shelf item

Ill be at my favorite surplus place tommorow, Ill check for SS

Gunner

Fuggedaboud Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush. He's a fag who thinks
machinery should be lavender. He's history.

You might also look up buerste in your Langenschied... G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ach!

There was no stainless at my surplus place that would fit the bill,
unfortunately.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for looking...it was a long shot. I did find a local source at
@$4/lb. The last time I had to make all-stainless was for a company that
removes flesh from cadaver bones to harvest bone graphs. I told them there
were no returns allowed!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:01:54 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Nah, he's a lesbien who likes passionate purple.

You might also look up buerste in your Langenschied... G

I only found burste, with a diaeresis-u. Is that word from Olde
Faggish, Don?

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:28:34 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Did you ever find out where your DNS attack came from? Your ISP
should be able to tell you.

Probably from one of the Marxist posters here you ****ed off.
Democrats always try that sort of ****.

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the
Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income
people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state’s office, told
FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about
“erroneous” registration information being submitted by the
Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called
ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive
known as Project Vote.

“Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false
addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed
applications,” Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely
came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations
included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football
team.

“Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and
anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won’t be able to cast a ballot
on Nov. 4,” Miller said.

Walsh said agents from both the secretary of state’s office and Nevada
attorney general’s office conducted the raid at 9:30 a.m. local time,
and “took a bunch of stuff.” Miller’s office reported seizing eight
computer hard drives and about 20 boxes of documents.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, released a statement
saying the group has for months been turning over any suspicious
registration information to elections officials. She said those
officials routinely ignored their tips, and called the raid a “stunt.”
“When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated
them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero
tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss
employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations,” she
said. “Today’s raid by the secretary of state’s office is a stunt that
serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering
Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting
every eligible voter to the polls.”

Neither the group, which hires canvassers to register voters, nor any
employees have been charged or arrested for fraud or other crimes,
said Miller, a Democrat.

But it’s not the first time ACORN’s been under investigation for
registration irregularities. The raid is the latest of at least nine
investigations into possible fraudulent voter registration forms
submitted by ACORN — the probes have involved ACORN workers in
Wisconsin, New Mexico, Indiana and other states.

and seven other senators penned a letter to the Federal Housing
Finance Agency calling for the suspension of taxpayer dollars to
“controversial groups like ACORN.” The letter referred to
contributions that potentially could come from Fannie Mae and Freddie
Mac under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

In 2006, ACORN also committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam
Reed called the “worse case of election fraud” in the state’s history.
In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration
forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake.

More recently, 27,000 registrations handled by the group from January
to July 2008 “went into limbo because they were incomplete,
inaccurate, or fraudulent,” said James Terry, chief public advocate at
the Consumers Rights League.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Never heard of hoch Kraut; Sauerkraut is more to my liking... cold
in the summer, and hot in the winter. And there is always some in the
fridge because no one else in the family touches it:-))

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

Organized. He was a Com-munity Organ-izer.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

Fuggedaboud Tom Gardner at Ohio Brush. He's a fag who thinks
machinery should be lavender. He's history.

You might also look up buerste in your Langenschied... G

It helps to look for "bürste". My German\English dictionaries all use
umlauts.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:02:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

Ayup. Shades of the Daley Machine.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:11:21 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN’s Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

Ayup. Shades of the Daley Machine.

Gee, he came from Chicago, too, didn't he? Hmm, Michelle used to work
for Daley, didn't she? I guess Ed's speech (about mere associations
with people being totally innocent) wasn't so savvy after all, huh?

http://www.bustedtees.com/ has some fun ones.

"If I ever run for president, my association with you is going to
haunt me."

McCain 1908

Paris/Rihanna 08

I make over 4 figures a year!

FREE TIBET* *With purchase of another Tibet of equal or greater
value.

Canada: America's Hat

Mexico: America's Beard

But NOBAMA is my favorite.

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:09:33 -0700, the infamous Gunner
scrawled the following:

ACORN Vegas Office Raided in Voter Fraud Investigation
ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters has been raided by Nevada authorities
looking for evidence of voter fraud.

These are the folks that Obama himself trained, right?

Ayup. Shades of the Daley Machine.

Gee, he came from Chicago, too, didn't he? Hmm, Michelle used to work
for Daley, didn't she? I guess Ed's speech (about mere associations
with people being totally innocent) wasn't so savvy after all, huh?

Hey, that ain't the half of it. Obama walks on his hind legs. LARRY WALKS ON
HIS HIND LEGS! Obama speaks English when he thinks no one is listening.
LARRY SPEAKS ENGLISH WHEN HE THINKS NO ONE IS LISTENING! Obama once visited
Oregon. LARRY LIVES IN OREGON!

There's no doubt about it: Larry is the one who put snakes in McCain's head.

Get those demons out, Larry. Just don't let your head spin around on your
neck. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"buerste" wrote:

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

You have brushed up against a left wing loon.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"buerste" wrote:

I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

You have brushed up against a left wing loon.

Maybe. Tom trools a couple of political news groups thinking he's being
funny.

The other possibility is that he got hit the same way I did when SBC
migrated their web hosting group to new hardware and software.
All of my old settings were wiped out and it took a couple of days to
configure the new control panel.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Maybe. Tom trools a couple of political news groups thinking he's being
funny.

The other possibility is that he got hit the same way I did when SBC
migrated their web hosting group to new hardware and software.
All of my old settings were wiped out and it took a couple of days to
configure the new control panel.

I never bothered to check his headers but if he is smart, just replying to the group you
read it in is the way to go.

Now if we were all smart, we would just give up changing minds set like concrete

Still thousands a day is pretty wild, I've exposed a number of email addresses to usenet
and my spam count is 100 a day for the combination.

Btw, I hope any retirement plans you may have had hasn't been changed by the current mess.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Maybe. Tom trools a couple of political news groups thinking he's being
funny.

The other possibility is that he got hit the same way I did when SBC
migrated their web hosting group to new hardware and software.
All of my old settings were wiped out and it took a couple of days to
configure the new control panel.

I never bothered to check his headers but if he is smart, just replying to
the group you
read it in is the way to go.

Now if we were all smart, we would just give up changing minds set like
concrete

Still thousands a day is pretty wild, I've exposed a number of email
addresses to usenet
and my spam count is 100 a day for the combination.

SBC had a real hiccup for a couple of days recently but ya', I don't get
much SPAM either.
It's not a bad idea for Tom to use a nym. Sometimes things get heated here
or there and you wouldn't want a competitor putting an outlandish statement
you'd made in the heat of the moment in front of a prospective customer. You
might lose a sale or something.
Your meat space reputation might even take a hit.

Btw, I hope any retirement plans you may have had hasn't been changed by
the current mess.

Sort of.
This kind of opportunity hasn't been around in my lifetime. I've been
largely liquid for nearly five years and 100 percent for two.
I'm old, near death possibly, but I'm not going to miss out on this one and
a bunch that I have known for years have put a fund together.
I ordered CRAB's Friday for Monday delivery. First class equities trading at
multiples of 3 and 5 times earnings means this is a great time to be buying.
We may not be at the absolute bottom but sitting around waiting for that is
a fools game.

I'll bet there will be a thousand point gain sometime in the very near
future and I'll have a pretty big wad in when that happens.
There is always the possibility that I'll end up eating beans in Costa Rica
ad I'll be continuing to make stuff for a living. LOL
Rocket engines are fun so I can't complain.

Remember this Wes. A lot of people have bet against America. So far they
have all lost. I think we've got on last hurrah at least and it would be a
real shame to miss it.

That isn't to say there won't be real turbulence. There certainly will be
that, we'll have a spike to double digit unemployment by March but a year
from now things will setle down and unemployment will then be trending down,
Everyone will we'll all have learned an expensive lesson.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:07:24 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Hmm, mafioso hoodlums live in NJ. Ed lives in NJ.
Superfund Sites are in NJ. Ed lives in NJ.

There's no doubt about it. Ed is a toxic mafia man. No _wonder_ he
wants to vote for an Obamanation. At this stage, it's way beyond mere
"guilt by association". (Obama, not Ed.)

Ed, if you want to believe that he's still pure after all these
"coincidences" about Obama being linked to and actually teaching
dozens of known 'bad guys', go ahead. Just don't ask us to buy it. We
don't and we won't.

See you at the other end of the ballot.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:07:24 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Absolutely! And my great-great uncle was Secretary of War, had a destroyer
named after him (USS John W. Weeks), was a Senator, and a Congressman. So
I'm really planted here by both houses of Congress and the administration to
twist your mind into knots.

You've got the idea, Larry. Guilt by association is a gift that never stops
giving.

Ed, if you want to believe that he's still pure after all these
"coincidences" about Obama being linked to and actually teaching
dozens of known 'bad guys', go ahead. Just don't ask us to buy it. We
don't and we won't.

Hardly anyone alive is "pure." I'm not looking for purity. But anyone who
calls Acorn "bad guys" doesn't know what he's talking about. And I don't
expect you to "buy" any of it, Larry. You're basically out of the loop of
self-governance and politics. That's by your own decision and it's certainly
your right.

But don't try to tell us that you know what you're talking about here. All
you're doing is repeating a bunch of conspiracy stories cooked up by some of
the slimier elements of McCain's campaign committee. I'll bet you didn't
even know who Bill Ayers was until the past few weeks, right? And if you're
going to suggest I didn't, I'll fill you in by e-mail. There's no way that
Bill Ayers is up to "influencing" a guy of Obama's makeup. If anything, it
would be the other way around.

See you at the other end of the ballot.

Oh, you found a ballot with a place to vote for NOTA? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Still thousands a day is pretty wild, I've exposed a number of email
addresses to usenet
and my spam count is 100 a day for the combination.

SBC had a real hiccup for a couple of days recently but ya', I don't get
much SPAM either.
It's not a bad idea for Tom to use a nym. Sometimes things get heated here
or there and you wouldn't want a competitor putting an outlandish statement
you'd made in the heat of the moment in front of a prospective customer. You
might lose a sale or something.

There is a risk of being openly political when running a biz. I was helping my master
electrician brother device out a house he was working on yesterday, brother ruptured his
Achilles tendon and is a one man operation. One of the other contractors made a political
comment and I had to check with my brother to make sure it was okay to comment. My
brother is very conservative but often works for liberals. One doesn't disrespect a
customer.

Your meat space reputation might even take a hit.

Btw, I hope any retirement plans you may have had hasn't been changed by
the current mess.

Sort of.
This kind of opportunity hasn't been around in my lifetime. I've been
largely liquid for nearly five years and 100 percent for two.
I'm old, near death possibly, but I'm not going to miss out on this one and
a bunch that I have known for years have put a fund together.
I ordered CRAB's Friday for Monday delivery. First class equities trading at
multiples of 3 and 5 times earnings means this is a great time to be buying.
We may not be at the absolute bottom but sitting around waiting for that is
a fools game.

Well, I hope you are not near death. Rush Limbaughs dad made it to 104 years. I have an
uncle that flew bombers in WWII and is still kicking and a recently deceased cousin that
drank like a fish and died in his late 80's.

I'll bet there will be a thousand point gain sometime in the very near
future and I'll have a pretty big wad in when that happens.
There is always the possibility that I'll end up eating beans in Costa Rica
ad I'll be continuing to make stuff for a living. LOL
Rocket engines are fun so I can't complain.

Well if you enjoy what you are doing, who cares about retirement. I've had times where
work was work and when work was fun. Sounds like work is still fun for you.

I wish I could put extra money into the market but I have enough to last about 8 months
without a job and I was there once. I'll keep putting my weekly 401K elections in, those
investments will have a decent rate of return over time.

Remember this Wes. A lot of people have bet against America. So far they
have all lost. I think we've got on last hurrah at least and it would be a
real shame to miss it.

I wonder when we might have that last hurrah myself. I don't think we are there yet. I'm
not selling a thing, 9/11 was near as bad but I'm sure this will be worse. I have a 11+
year horizon to recover in so I can take a longer view. This has to hurt for those that
were ready to retire.

That isn't to say there won't be real turbulence. There certainly will be
that, we'll have a spike to double digit unemployment by March but a year
from now things will setle down and unemployment will then be trending down,
Everyone will we'll all have learned an expensive lesson.

I'm in Michigan, so close to double digit already, I'm surprised my house hasn't been
broken into.

We don't seem to learn. The market will eventually deal with any distortions introduced.
When it does, it gets to be brutal.

Oh well, signing off for the night.

JC

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:53:49 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Like I said, he's far beyond mere gba. shrug

Ed, if you want to believe that he's still pure after all these
"coincidences" about Obama being linked to and actually teaching
dozens of known 'bad guys', go ahead. Just don't ask us to buy it. We
don't and we won't.

Hardly anyone alive is "pure." I'm not looking for purity. But anyone who
calls Acorn "bad guys" doesn't know what he's talking about. And I don't
expect you to "buy" any of it, Larry. You're basically out of the loop of
self-governance and politics. That's by your own decision and it's certainly
your right.

By "out of the loop" do you refer to my Libertarian leaning? Did you
ever take the political compass test? I'd love to compare our
results. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Larry's political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

But don't try to tell us that you know what you're talking about here. All
you're doing is repeating a bunch of conspiracy stories cooked up by some of
the slimier elements of McCain's campaign committee. I'll bet you didn't
even know who Bill Ayers was until the past few weeks, right? And if you're
going to suggest I didn't, I'll fill you in by e-mail. There's no way that
Bill Ayers is up to "influencing" a guy of Obama's makeup. If anything, it
would be the other way around.

"I know naaaahtheeng. Naaaahtheeng, Coronel Hogan."

See you at the other end of the ballot.

Oh, you found a ballot with a place to vote for NOTA? d8-)

Nah, gonna hold my nose and vote Republican this time. I'm hoping it
won't turn out to be 0 for 5.

"Try thinking of the Libertarian Party as a rolled-up newspaper,
useful in making the Republican puppy (I've given up on the Democratic
bitch) go where he's supposed to -- not on that beautiful antique
carpet we call the Constitution."
-- L. Neil Smith, Bill Clinton's Reichstag Fire

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:53:49 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:07:24 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

m...

wrote:

[...]

Only in your imagination, Larry. If you want to see a really disgusting
relationship, look at McCain and his old friend, Henry Kissinger. g
Kissinger had to slip out of the Ritz Hotel in Paris a few years ago to
avoid questioning by a French court for war crimes. That old coot can RUN!

[...]

sheesh

Ed's political compass:
Economic Left/Right -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

That makes me sort of an economically middle-of-the-road version of the
Dalai Lama. So much for that, eh? And your libertarian credentials just went
out the window. g

I don't buy that grid. It would have to distinguish between
democratically-elected authority and authority in general: voluntary
acceptance of authority versus imposed authority. If it did that, I'd
probably come out close to the center of the crosshairs. As it is, the
vertical scale seems to measure social conservatism (up) versus social
liberalism (down).

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

You're just too much of an authoritarian for my tastes. g

But don't try to tell us that you know what you're talking about here. All
you're doing is repeating a bunch of conspiracy stories cooked up by some
of
the slimier elements of McCain's campaign committee. I'll bet you didn't
even know who Bill Ayers was until the past few weeks, right? And if
you're
going to suggest I didn't, I'll fill you in by e-mail. There's no way that
Bill Ayers is up to "influencing" a guy of Obama's makeup. If anything, it
would be the other way around.

"I know naaaahtheeng. Naaaahtheeng, Coronel Hogan."

See you at the other end of the ballot.

Oh, you found a ballot with a place to vote for NOTA? d8-)

Nah, gonna hold my nose and vote Republican this time. I'm hoping it
won't turn out to be 0 for 5.

Stock up on beer for election night. It's looking like you'll need it.

"Try thinking of the Libertarian Party as a rolled-up newspaper...

An excellent metaphor! You can't read it and it gets your hands dirty for
nothing. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Larry's political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

Geez Larry, I just took your test and there are quite a few
questions that depends on the definition of the "loaded"
words in them. For example:

There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different

cultures.
(this is not a very well constructed question. It depends on the
definition of "civilised" and to lesser extent "savage".)

In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be

obeyed and people
below to be commanded.
(This is not something that can even be questioned. It just IS. That
is a characteristic of human beings.)

Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity.

( I'm not sure just what "making peace" means.)

Now with the forgoing caveats I ended up at:
-2.5 +0.05

That is NOT how I envision myself. :-)
I guess that means I don't have any strong opinions. :-)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:30:04 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

By "out of the loop" do you refer to my Libertarian leaning? Did you
ever take the political compass test? I'd love to compare our
results. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Larry's political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

sheesh

Ed's political compass:
Economic Left/Right -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

That makes me sort of an economically middle-of-the-road version of the
Dalai Lama. So much for that, eh? And your libertarian credentials just went
out the window. g

And yours soared. Congrats, sir! Does that leave a bad taste in your
mouth? I'd bet it does.

I don't buy that grid. It would have to distinguish between
democratically-elected authority and authority in general: voluntary
acceptance of authority versus imposed authority. If it did that, I'd
probably come out close to the center of the crosshairs. As it is, the
vertical scale seems to measure social conservatism (up) versus social
liberalism (down).

The test is obviously too short to do any real measurements, but it's
fun, wot?

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

You're just too much of an authoritarian for my tastes. g

Shut up and get in line. g

[...]

I'm a recovering alky. Thanks, but no.

"Try thinking of the Libertarian Party as a rolled-up newspaper...

An excellent metaphor! You can't read it and it gets your hands dirty for
nothing. d8-)

I can't, in good conscience, vote for the current Republican or
Democratic candidates this year. And I know that Bob Barr won't win
on the Libertarian ticket, so I've decided to backing this exciting
new candidate. He disdains politicians, war, and pork, so please give
him a good looking over, Ed.

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=37...sz&altl=Kbrvft

Since 'None of the Above' isn't an offering on ballots yet, I hope
you'll join me in voting for this new candidate.

Please VOTE in November!
---------------------------------

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=37...sz&altl=Kbrvft

Larry I want a bumper sticker. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Yes, fun is good.

[...]

ROFLMAO!! Oh, God, that's FUNNY!

Where in the heck did you find that? It's brilliant. d8-)))

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:30:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

By "out of the loop" do you refer to my Libertarian leaning? Did you
ever take the political compass test? I'd love to compare our
results. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Larry's political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

Just as a datum
Mark's angle of dangle:-
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

Seem's to be identical with Gandhi. I'm now going to passively resist all of
the economic turmoil in the world and get some round framed safety glasses and
a sheet for when I'm out in the shop. BEG

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

buerste wrote:
I was hit with over 10,000 e-mails in 12 hours so I have withdrawn my real
information. I'm sure some with language skills will figure it out
instantly. I almost feel bad about it but it shows to go what some people
will do if they are in disagreement.

In the mean time, I'm looking for a source of stainless steel sheet. 12 ga x
2" x 36" I need about 100 lbs. Any ideas? I wonder if Gunner might have
some in the lower 40. I need to quote on 1,000 4" mini-grinder knot brushes
that are all stainless parts to go into some kind of food service.

Buerste, I've been trying to figure out who you are. I think I've got it
now. So without giving you away, you're based in the Rust Belt and use
many miles of steel wire each week, right?

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I only found burste, with a diaeresis-u. Is that word from Olde
Faggish, Don?

The "ue" is just what you write when you haven't got a "u" with an
umlaut above it on your keyboard, isn't it? Nick will be able to tell us
for sure...

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:44:34 -0600, the infamous Lew Hartswick
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=37...sz&altl=Kbrvft

Larry I want a bumper sticker. :-)
...lew...

I'll see what I can do, lew.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:40:40 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
The test is obviously too short to do any real measurements, but it's
fun, wot?

Yes, fun is good.

I can't, in good conscience, vote for the current Republican or
Democratic candidates this year. And I know that Bob Barr won't win
on the Libertarian ticket, so I've decided to backing this exciting
new candidate. He disdains politicians, war, and pork, so please give
him a good looking over, Ed.

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=37...sz&altl=Kbrvft

Since 'None of the Above' isn't an offering on ballots yet, I hope
you'll join me in voting for this new candidate.

ROFLMAO!! Oh, God, that's FUNNY!

Where in the heck did you find that? It's brilliant. d8-)))

A friend sent it in an email the day before yesterday. At the end of
the video, it asks if you want to create your own, so I did, free.
It's a really fun trick to play on your friends, isn't it?

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 01:52:33 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I only found burste, with a diaeresis-u. Is that word from Olde
Faggish, Don?

The "ue" is just what you write when you haven't got a "u" with an
umlaut above it on your keyboard, isn't it? Nick will be able to tell us
for sure...

Nick MULEler? I don't receive his broadcasts any more. His or
Cliffy's, etc.