Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default New nom de plume for an oft contributor

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Still thousands a day is pretty wild, I've exposed a number of email
addresses to usenet
and my spam count is 100 a day for the combination.

SBC had a real hiccup for a couple of days recently but ya', I don't get
much SPAM either.
It's not a bad idea for Tom to use a nym. Sometimes things get heated here
or there and you wouldn't want a competitor putting an outlandish statement
you'd made in the heat of the moment in front of a prospective customer. You
might lose a sale or something.

There is a risk of being openly political when running a biz. I was helping my master
electrician brother device out a house he was working on yesterday, brother ruptured his
Achilles tendon and is a one man operation. One of the other contractors made a political
comment and I had to check with my brother to make sure it was okay to comment. My
brother is very conservative but often works for liberals. One doesn't disrespect a
customer.

Your meat space reputation might even take a hit.

Btw, I hope any retirement plans you may have had hasn't been changed by
the current mess.

Sort of.
This kind of opportunity hasn't been around in my lifetime. I've been
largely liquid for nearly five years and 100 percent for two.
I'm old, near death possibly, but I'm not going to miss out on this one and
a bunch that I have known for years have put a fund together.
I ordered CRAB's Friday for Monday delivery. First class equities trading at
multiples of 3 and 5 times earnings means this is a great time to be buying.
We may not be at the absolute bottom but sitting around waiting for that is
a fools game.

Well, I hope you are not near death. Rush Limbaughs dad made it to 104 years. I have an
uncle that flew bombers in WWII and is still kicking and a recently deceased cousin that
drank like a fish and died in his late 80's.

I'll bet there will be a thousand point gain sometime in the very near
future and I'll have a pretty big wad in when that happens.
There is always the possibility that I'll end up eating beans in Costa Rica
ad I'll be continuing to make stuff for a living. LOL
Rocket engines are fun so I can't complain.

Well if you enjoy what you are doing, who cares about retirement. I've had times where
work was work and when work was fun. Sounds like work is still fun for you.

I wish I could put extra money into the market but I have enough to last about 8 months
without a job and I was there once. I'll keep putting my weekly 401K elections in, those
investments will have a decent rate of return over time.

Remember this Wes. A lot of people have bet against America. So far they
have all lost. I think we've got on last hurrah at least and it would be a
real shame to miss it.

I wonder when we might have that last hurrah myself. I don't think we are there yet. I'm
not selling a thing, 9/11 was near as bad but I'm sure this will be worse. I have a 11+
year horizon to recover in so I can take a longer view. This has to hurt for those that
were ready to retire.

That isn't to say there won't be real turbulence. There certainly will be
that, we'll have a spike to double digit unemployment by March but a year
from now things will setle down and unemployment will then be trending down,
Everyone will we'll all have learned an expensive lesson.

I'm in Michigan, so close to double digit already, I'm surprised my house hasn't been
broken into.

We don't seem to learn. The market will eventually deal with any distortions introduced.
When it does, it gets to be brutal.

Oh well, signing off for the night.

JC

Wes