Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New nom de plume for an oft contributor

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:30:04 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

By "out of the loop" do you refer to my Libertarian leaning? Did you
ever take the political compass test? I'd love to compare our
results. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Larry's political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

sheesh

Ed's political compass:
Economic Left/Right -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

That makes me sort of an economically middle-of-the-road version of the
Dalai Lama. So much for that, eh? And your libertarian credentials just
went
out the window. g

And yours soared. Congrats, sir! Does that leave a bad taste in your
mouth? I'd bet it does.

I don't buy that grid. It would have to distinguish between
democratically-elected authority and authority in general: voluntary
acceptance of authority versus imposed authority. If it did that, I'd
probably come out close to the center of the crosshairs. As it is, the
vertical scale seems to measure social conservatism (up) versus social
liberalism (down).

The test is obviously too short to do any real measurements, but it's
fun, wot?

Yes, fun is good.

What, I'm right down in the Dalai Lama/Mandela quadrant?
2 years ago, I was right next to Zapatero. I've become more
Libertarian and swung a wee bit to the left since then, I guess.

You're just too much of an authoritarian for my tastes. g

Shut up and get in line. g

But don't try to tell us that you know what you're talking about here.
All
you're doing is repeating a bunch of conspiracy stories cooked up by
some
of
the slimier elements of McCain's campaign committee. I'll bet you didn't
even know who Bill Ayers was until the past few weeks, right? And if
you're
going to suggest I didn't, I'll fill you in by e-mail. There's no way
that
Bill Ayers is up to "influencing" a guy of Obama's makeup. If anything,
it
would be the other way around.

"I know naaaahtheeng. Naaaahtheeng, Coronel Hogan."

See you at the other end of the ballot.

Oh, you found a ballot with a place to vote for NOTA? d8-)

Nah, gonna hold my nose and vote Republican this time. I'm hoping it
won't turn out to be 0 for 5.

Stock up on beer for election night. It's looking like you'll need it.

I'm a recovering alky. Thanks, but no.

"Try thinking of the Libertarian Party as a rolled-up newspaper...

An excellent metaphor! You can't read it and it gets your hands dirty for
nothing. d8-)

I can't, in good conscience, vote for the current Republican or
Democratic candidates this year. And I know that Bob Barr won't win
on the Libertarian ticket, so I've decided to backing this exciting
new candidate. He disdains politicians, war, and pork, so please give
him a good looking over, Ed.

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=37...sz&altl=Kbrvft

Since 'None of the Above' isn't an offering on ballots yet, I hope
you'll join me in voting for this new candidate.

ROFLMAO!! Oh, God, that's FUNNY!

Where in the heck did you find that? It's brilliant. d8-)))

--
Ed Huntress