Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Larry Jaques's color pick

Larry,

I painted the test stand per your appropriate color scheme, with the
exception that I did the base in a charcoal pinhole texture.

The lighting belies the actual color. The blue part is a _DEEP_ cobalt
blue when viewed with eyes instead of an LCD pickup.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_1065.jpg

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:18:37 -0500, the infamous "Lloyd E.
Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com scrawled the following:

Larry,

I painted the test stand per your appropriate color scheme, with the
exception that I did the base in a charcoal pinhole texture.

The lighting belies the actual color. The blue part is a _DEEP_ cobalt
blue when viewed with eyes instead of an LCD pickup.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_1065.jpg

Gawdjus, LLoyd. Just gawdjus. The black trunk paint on the base
works, too.

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Larry,

I painted the test stand per your appropriate color scheme, with the
exception that I did the base in a charcoal pinhole texture.

The lighting belies the actual color. The blue part is a _DEEP_ cobalt
blue when viewed with eyes instead of an LCD pickup.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_1065.jpg

LLoyd

Wow Larry, very nice!

You too, Lloyd.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

My main reason for replying, though, is: what is the "charcoal pinhole
texture"? I like the effect, but haven't heard of that before.

Joe

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:18:37 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry,

I painted the test stand per your appropriate color scheme, with the
exception that I did the base in a charcoal pinhole texture.

The lighting belies the actual color. The blue part is a _DEEP_ cobalt
blue when viewed with eyes instead of an LCD pickup.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_1065.jpg

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe fired this volley in
:

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

My main reason for replying, though, is: what is the "charcoal

pinhole
texture"? I like the effect, but haven't heard of that before.

Larry called it "trunk paint", but it isn't.

That slab of aluminum was a drop of unknown alloy. Whatever it was,
it must've had a good bit of silicon in it, and I didn't have any
proper primer. When I went to paint it (with hammertone black), I
must've stripped and re-painted it about five times, trying to
eliminate the fish-eyes.

Well... I didn't have any fish-eye medicine, and it's kind of hard to
add to a spray can, anyway. So I took the bad case, and deliberately
made it worse.

I lay a sheet of 600-grit silicon carbide paper on the surface, and
"pounced" it with a rubber mallet -- all over twice.

Then I brushed the surface lightly with a foxtail, and painted as
before. Now, instead of five or six fish-eyes, I got thousands of
tiny ones -- "pinholes". It looked good, so I left it that way.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe fired this volley in
:

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

Oh... it's a stand to measure and record the thrust diagram for small
rocket motors and pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

Whew!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:17 -0500, the infamous "Lloyd E.
Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com scrawled the following:

Joe fired this volley in
:

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

My main reason for replying, though, is: what is the "charcoal

pinhole
texture"? I like the effect, but haven't heard of that before.

Larry called it "trunk paint", but it isn't.

I thought it might be the light gray undercoat with flecks of multi-
colored paints dusted over it that was popular in automobile trunks
for eons.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/trunkfinish.aspx
or
http://www.metropartsmarket.com/auto...color-c20.html

I like it about as much (GAG!) as the gray epoxy with glitter they use
on garage floors. g

Your darker gray is much more attractive, believe me.

That slab of aluminum was a drop of unknown alloy. Whatever it was,
it must've had a good bit of silicon in it, and I didn't have any
proper primer. When I went to paint it (with hammertone black), I
must've stripped and re-painted it about five times, trying to
eliminate the fish-eyes.

Isn't that FUN?

Well... I didn't have any fish-eye medicine, and it's kind of hard to
add to a spray can, anyway. So I took the bad case, and deliberately
made it worse.

I lay a sheet of 600-grit silicon carbide paper on the surface, and
"pounced" it with a rubber mallet -- all over twice.

Then I brushed the surface lightly with a foxtail, and painted as
before. Now, instead of five or six fish-eyes, I got thousands of
tiny ones -- "pinholes". It looked good, so I left it that way.

That's a very unusual technique, Lloyd.

-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:18:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:17 -0500, the infamous "Lloyd E.
Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com scrawled the following:

Joe fired this volley in
m:

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

My main reason for replying, though, is: what is the "charcoal

pinhole
texture"? I like the effect, but haven't heard of that before.

Larry called it "trunk paint", but it isn't.

I thought it might be the light gray undercoat with flecks of multi-
colored paints dusted over it that was popular in automobile trunks
for eons.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/trunkfinish.aspx
or
http://www.metropartsmarket.com/auto...color-c20.html

I like it about as much (GAG!) as the gray epoxy with glitter they use
on garage floors. g

Anyone remember "roxatone" from the '50's? My employer rented overflow
space for me in a place that had been spray painted with only the
window glass and light bulbs masked off. I still shudder at the
thought!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 02:47:59 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Gunner

Why, the bursting charge, of course. You wouldn't want to endanger
the populace with a blubber bomb. Ohh! An image popped up. Remember
the beached whale they tried to dispose of with dynamite?

Pete
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Gunner

Why, the bursting charge, of course. You wouldn't want to endanger
the populace with a blubber bomb. Ohh! An image popped up. Remember
the beached whale they tried to dispose of with dynamite?

Pete

"Sh*t storm hits New York"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ZOLATONE"

Three shades of your choice. he background was a bland tone of blue, or
brown or green or grey, and the splattereffect of two darker or lighter or
(whatever) looked like one of your drunken friends had heaved up his pizza
and wine the night before and it had dried in place, in GLOSS. It was
usually reserved for the trunk area of yor 1951 Chevvy (for obvious reasons)
or some other place you eweren't too fond of going.

Flash

And yeah, my favorite color was tan b/g, with maroon and orange barf. And I
did use it in the trunk of my 51 Chev. I did the outside in a grand maroon,
(only because I got a great deal on a set of maroon leather seats) with
cream top and gold pinstripes. BIG gangster-style Portawalls, fender skirts,

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Since both of them are cartoon characters, I think it would be more
fitting to have it slam into the side of a mountain before exploding.
To be fair, they can have tiny umbrellas, in case of falling anvils.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Since both of them are cartoon characters, I think it would be more
fitting to have it slam into the side of a mountain before exploding.
To be fair, they can have tiny umbrellas, in case of falling anvils.

And tiny little 4 shroud, square parachutes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Since both of them are cartoon characters, I think it would be more
fitting to have it slam into the side of a mountain before exploding.
To be fair, they can have tiny umbrellas, in case of falling anvils.

And tiny little 4 shroud, square parachutes

Of course. We want to make sure they have a safe ride.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?
I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyd will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Oh, what a difficult choice. I'd go for a "Report Shell" with a
tail, so you can follow it on the way up.

As for launching, are there any Battleships with main batteries that
are still in operable condition? You need at least a 16" barrel to do
a proper "Dr. Strangelove" with a shell like that...

And launch at an angle over the ocean, which might annoy the Coastal
Commission as a bonus. They can make the average land owner's life a
living hell, yet they can't force the celebs to open the beach access
paths in Malibu (even when they agreed to Open Access as a condition
of getting building permits) so a pox on all of them.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote on Fri, 10 Oct 2008
17:20:38 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:58 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

pyrotechnic gerbs (fountains).

is that what a gerb is?

I always thought it was a gerbil strapped to a bottle rocket.

If Lloyod will make us a great big bottle rocket will you strap
hawkie or cliffie to it?

I would be so honored to do so.

The question though is..should it have a big bursting charge, or
should we let them do the 300lb watermelon from a High Place routine?

Since both of them are cartoon characters, I think it would be more
fitting to have it slam into the side of a mountain before exploding.
To be fair, they can have tiny umbrellas, in case of falling anvils.

And tiny little 4 shroud, square parachutes

Of course. We want to make sure they have a safe ride.

Be sure to rig a girdle to catch them when they finally touch
down. Don't want them to hurt their little tootsies.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Before, or after they slam into the side of the mountain?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote on Sat, 11 Oct 2008
00:00:25 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

OOOh, Both! Like a pinball, they can bang back and forth against
each wall, racking up them points in that great Bally Pinball Machine
in the Sky!
Unless they tilt the machine and go straight for the drain.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender
whether they served zombies he said, ‘Sure, what'll you have?'"
from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

I don't envy the team of plumbers who'll have to clean out THAT
drain.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote on Sat, 11 Oct 2008
01:50:36 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

No problem. Just replace the anvils with appropriately sized
bowling balls or boulders, and they'll roll right on out.

Or you can send off for the Express Automatic Drain Plunger. From
Acme, FOB Santa Fe, Taos and Albequrquie, ... Albaqueque ... Al Barby
Que ... just take a left turn at Coney Island and you cant miss it.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
What is normal?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Can I get there in a wheelchair?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

F/S: Tektronix 500MHz Scope color phosphor color Digital TDS3052 Ben Electronics Repair 0 March 5th 07 05:17 PM
Moss Green Color On House: Will Cold Temp's Kill It, And The Color ? Robert11 Home Repair 5 August 28th 06 01:18 AM
Larry @ Woodsucker ? dgnolan Woodworking 0 December 28th 05 07:56 PM
Moe! Larry! Spam! JohnM Metalworking 0 May 24th 05 04:39 PM
Larry Jaques? patrick mitchel Metalworking 6 December 21st 04 03:55 AM