Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
flash flash is offline

Default Larry Jaques's color pick

"ZOLATONE"

Three shades of your choice. he background was a bland tone of blue, or
brown or green or grey, and the splattereffect of two darker or lighter or
(whatever) looked like one of your drunken friends had heaved up his pizza
and wine the night before and it had dried in place, in GLOSS. It was
usually reserved for the trunk area of yor 1951 Chevvy (for obvious reasons)
or some other place you eweren't too fond of going.

Flash

And yeah, my favorite color was tan b/g, with maroon and orange barf. And I
did use it in the trunk of my 51 Chev. I did the outside in a grand maroon,
(only because I got a great deal on a set of maroon leather seats) with
cream top and gold pinstripes. BIG gangster-style Portawalls, fender skirts,

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:18:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:27:17 -0500, the infamous "Lloyd E.
Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com scrawled the following:

Joe fired this volley in
:

I wonder what the stand is supposed to test, but the paint job does
look nice.

My main reason for replying, though, is: what is the "charcoal
pinhole
texture"? I like the effect, but haven't heard of that before.

Larry called it "trunk paint", but it isn't.

I thought it might be the light gray undercoat with flecks of multi-
colored paints dusted over it that was popular in automobile trunks
for eons.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/trunkfinish.aspx
or
http://www.metropartsmarket.com/auto...color-c20.html

I like it about as much (GAG!) as the gray epoxy with glitter they use
on garage floors. g

Anyone remember "roxatone" from the '50's? My employer rented overflow
space for me in a place that had been spray painted with only the
window glass and light bulbs masked off. I still shudder at the
thought!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada