Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Had a "smash and grab" accident today

Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

I guess, a lesson learned.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus25244 wrote:

Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

I guess, a lesson learned.

No, that is the true violence of someone breaking into your home or vehicle. One never
feels as secure again. But some libtard judge would likely view it as a petty crime if
the criminal is apprehended.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

I guess, a lesson learned.

No, that is the true violence of someone breaking into your home or
vehicle. One never
feels as secure again. But some libtard judge would likely view it as a
petty crime if
the criminal is apprehended.

Wes

Unless it was the libtard's vehicle that was broken into.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus25244 wrote:
Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

Similar thing happened to some guys my mother knows. They went climbing
somewhere remote, but left some gear and bikes in their van. When they
returned, the gear had been stolen. So the next week they did the same,
but hid near the van. Nothing happened, so they did it the week after,
and the guys broke into the van again, so they grabbed them and took
them to the police.

And then what happened?

Sorry to hear your story.

Chris

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"JohnB" wrote:

Unless it was the libtard's vehicle that was broken into.

We can dream...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Welcome to Illinois....
Last summer I was cutting down a tree in front of my girlfriends house
in an exclusive neighborhood of the area. (Houses start around 1.5 mil) I
had a Sthil 088Magnum. a 066 Magnum and a 046 and pole pruner saw and axes,
etc. out there by the curb where the tree was. I went inside to take a
quick **** and I came out and all my gear was gone. To make matters worse,
State Farm insurance (My carrier) would not cover the loss as it was not on
my property and hers would not cover it as it was not her property. A
minimum of a $3500.00 loss I had to swallow.
People are ****ing **** today. You can't leave your car unlocked, you
can't leave your house unattended and you can't protect yourself to boot.

Sorry to hear about the loss Iggy, If it was at the Metra station by
your house it may be on surveillance tape. Not like Naperville or Darien
will do **** about it but give you a hard time, it may be worth looking
into.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Ignoramus25244 wrote:
Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

Similar thing happened to some guys my mother knows. They went climbing
somewhere remote, but left some gear and bikes in their van. When they
returned, the gear had been stolen. So the next week they did the same,
but hid near the van. Nothing happened, so they did it the week after, and
the guys broke into the van again, so they grabbed them and took them to
the police.

I was hoping for a better ending.....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Similar thing happened to some guys my mother knows. They went climbing
somewhere remote, but left some gear and bikes in their van. When they
returned, the gear had been stolen. So the next week they did the same,
but hid near the van. Nothing happened, so they did it the week after,
and the guys broke into the van again, so they grabbed them and took
them to the police.

Years ago when I was in the Marines, I had a Staff Sergeant in my department whose friends
in Laurel bay had been burgled.

He did a bit of sleuthing and realized that other Marines had their homes tossed and the
common point is that they all had contacted the MP detachment asking them to keep an eye
on their homes while they were on deployment or vacation.

So SSGT Doyle, decided to set up a sting. Told the MP's that he had a monster collection
of firearms and other valuables and was worried about them due to the recent burglaries in
Laurel Bay and asked them to keep an eye on his place while he was TAD to where ever.

Doyle let his grass grow long and had some of the other Marines that homes were
burglarized over each night to see if lightning struck again. It was the base MP's that
broke in one night. They were met by some angry Marines with firearms that had way too
many beers while playing poker and waiting. The South Carolina state police were called
in. Score one for the good guys. I liked SSGT Doyle. Sorta like Gunner on steroids.
Urrah!

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Wes wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

What happened to the burglars?

Anyway. The police officer said that they stay in touch with the three
local pawn shops. I gave him the serial number of the stolen GPS. I
will keep an eye on ebay myself, I set a perl script watch to look for
any GPSes within 25 miles from me.

I personally think that this is a very stupid thing to do in general
and therefore believe that it is local kids who did it.

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
Last summer I was cutting down a tree in front of my girlfriends house
in an exclusive neighborhood of the area. (Houses start around 1.5 mil) I
had a Sthil 088Magnum. a 066 Magnum and a 046 and pole pruner saw and axes,
etc. out there by the curb where the tree was. I went inside to take a
quick **** and I came out and all my gear was gone. To make matters worse,
State Farm insurance (My carrier) would not cover the loss as it was not on
my property and hers would not cover it as it was not her property. A
minimum of a $3500.00 loss I had to swallow.

People are ****ing **** today. You can't leave your car unlocked, you
can't leave your house unattended and you can't protect yourself to boot.

Sorry Rob. Very sad, much worse than my damage.

I actually keep a knife in my truck next to me just in case, at all
times, but it cannot help much when I am NOT in the truck.

Sorry to hear about the loss Iggy, If it was at the Metra station by
your house it may be on surveillance tape. Not like Naperville or Darien
will do **** about it but give you a hard time, it may be worth looking
into.

Rob

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus25244 wrote:

What happened to the burglars?

First they went to jail, then they went to wherever dirty marines go. I think we called
it the brig. They stayed there while waiting for courts martial.

Anyway. The police officer said that they stay in touch with the three
local pawn shops. I gave him the serial number of the stolen GPS. I
will keep an eye on ebay myself, I set a perl script watch to look for
any GPSes within 25 miles from me.

Likely Joe Blow bought it for a twenty and no pawn shop is involved but if it goes online
I bet you find it. Some druggie likely grabbed it.

I personally think that this is a very stupid thing to do in general
and therefore believe that it is local kids who did it.

Drug addicts. War on drugs is a failure. Criminalize use, de-criminalize possession,
take the money out of if. Seriously, if I never snort a bit of cocain and I have a key in
my house, leave me alone. Get me for a moving violation (serious) and I'm high, fry me.

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

No but I'd like to have the same watching my driveway. You get a clue on this please
share. Net cams I like tend to be 600 bucks or more.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 31, 4:30 pm, Wes wrote:

No, that is the true violence of someone breaking into your home or vehicle. One never
feels as secure again. But some libtard judge would likely view it as a petty crime if
the criminal is apprehended.

Canada isn't much different from the US in terms of crime
rates. A conservative newspaper here in Canada has a columnist named
Lorrie Goldstein, who makes some really good points. Here's today's
article, from http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...316061-sun.php

Stats Are a Crime: The Real Numbers on Canada's Crime Tell a Shocking
Story

Today let's take a break from the BS we're being fed about global
warming to examine the BS we're being fed about crime statistics.

Specifically, about how "low" they are today compared to the past, how
anyone who believes otherwise is paranoid and how the best way to make
the crime rate even lower is to go even softer on criminals than we
already are.

First, let's examine what the crime rate actually is compared to years
ago, as opposed to what we've been told it is.

Here are some figures you probably didn't see widely quoted in the
media earlier this month when Statistics Canada released its 2007 data
on falling Canadian crime rates.

- First, violent crime is up 320% since 1962, when modern records
first started being kept.

- Second, property crime, which many victims don't even bother to
report anymore, is nonetheless up 75%.

- Third, the overall crime rate is up 152%.

What, you say? You've been told, ad nauseam, by soft-on-crime
politicians, media, criminal lawyers and prisoners' rights groups that
crime has been going down for years?

You've been told people who think as you do -- that our streets aren't
as safe as they used to be -- are suffering from paranoid delusions
fuelled by right-wing politicians and irresponsible media?

Okay, let's look at the actual numbers from Statistics Canada.

Canada has been keeping uniform crime statistics since 1962.

- In that year, there were 221 reported violent crimes per 100,000
population. Last year there were 930 -- a 320% increase in the crime
rate compared to 1962.

- There were 1,891 property crimes per 100,000 population in 1962,
3,320 in 2007, a 75% increase.

- The overall crime rate was 2,771 incidents per 100,000 people in
1962, 6,984 last year, a 152% increase.

Any graph that accurately tracks crime rates shows a steep increase
throughout the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, peaking around 1991, then
falling relatively slowly ever since.

The key word is slowly. While it's true the crime rate has been
decreasing since 1991, it has never returned to anywhere near the far
lower rates of 45 years ago, particularly for violent crime, the
category law-abiding people most care about.

No one knows why the crime rate peaked around 1991, not just in
Canada, but the U.S.

Some argue it was due to the gradual aging of the giant baby boomer
generation, particularly young males who, as a group, commit most
crime. Another controversial theory cites the increasing availability
of abortions, meaning fewer unwanted, neglected children.

Whatever happened, the hug-a-thug crowd today uses the relatively
small post-1991 drop in the crime rate to argue that since crime is
going down, we don't need to toughen laws or impose stiffer sentences.
In fact, they say, we should do the reverse.

Nonsense. One could just as easily argue the skyrocketing crime rate
we experienced throughout the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s to levels which
essentially still exist today for violent crime, was the result of the
soft-on-crime attitude of both federal Liberal and Progressive
Conservative governments.

REHABILITATING OFFENDERS

That attitude was best summed up in a 1971 speech to Parliament by
then Liberal solicitor-general Jean-Pierre Goyer. Complaining about
the high costs of keeping criminals incarcerated, he said: "The
present situation results from the fact that (the) protection of
society has received more emphasis than the rehabilitation of inmates.
Consequently, we have decided from now on to stress the rehabilitation
of offenders, rather than the protection of society."

Yes, you read that right.

Remember it the next time someone from the hug-a-thug crowd tries to
tell you the crime rate is down.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Wes wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

[...]

I've been waiting for the spare funds and boredom to coincide for my to
buy one of the now common 12v powered 4 channel DVR security recorders
and adapt it into a "black box" for my truck. I've seen them down in the
$250 range for a basic unit and a bit more for one with network
connectivity - think WiFi bridge to automatically download and archive
to DVD when you park in your garage so it's ready for morning. Perhaps
one of the cheap little video overlay boards, a microcontroller, a GPS
and an accelerometer to overlay additional data.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
Last summer I was cutting down a tree in front of my girlfriends house
in an exclusive neighborhood of the area. (Houses start around 1.5 mil) I
had a Sthil 088Magnum. a 066 Magnum and a 046 and pole pruner saw and axes,
etc. out there by the curb where the tree was. I went inside to take a
quick **** and I came out and all my gear was gone. To make matters worse,
State Farm insurance (My carrier) would not cover the loss as it was not on
my property and hers would not cover it as it was not her property. A
minimum of a $3500.00 loss I had to swallow.

People are ****ing **** today. You can't leave your car unlocked, you
can't leave your house unattended and you can't protect yourself to boot.

Sorry Rob. Very sad, much worse than my damage.

I actually keep a knife in my truck next to me just in case, at all
times, but it cannot help much when I am NOT in the truck.

You should move to a state where you can keep something better than a
knife with you. Recent TX law expressly allows you to carry a handgun in
your vehicle, camper, RV, or similar without a permit. You do need to
get a CHL if you want to carry it outside your vehicle of course.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

Not practical at the moment, but for the future, yes, I would like to
move back to Oklahoma.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

"Ignoramus25244" wrote in message
Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

I guess, a lesson learned.

Hope so. I hide stuff inside the car, and lock it all the time. Remnants
of living in Las Vegas for many years. Now I live in a town of 1500. But
80% of the crime here and in surrounding small towns within the state is
drug related. Grab something that's worth $250 and go trade it for a $10
rock. I want to leave a sign in the window:

If you are thinking of breaking into this vehicle, just call me at ***-****
and I'll just give you twenty bucks.

Your trouble is that you're a nice guy. Someone who's mind wouldn't even
think of doing such a deed. Alas, the world has a lot of not so nice guys.
And gals. Still a lot of good people around, but a lot of riffraff, too.

Steve

http://www.nbc6.net/news/17035637/detail.html

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080725/ARTICLE/807250362/0/sports

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

[...]

Even if I was the meanest guy in the world, I still was away from the
truck.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

Trouble is, Iggy would have been in deep doo doo if someone broke into his
truck and took a gun. Probably more trouble than the person who stole it.

It's a sad state of affairs. Maybe when some more states relax these laws,
and more bad guys just get shot in the forehead, some of this will abate.

I doubt it, though, as long as we have liberals. (A liberal is a
conservative that hasn't been raped or robbed YET.)

I did not have a gun in the truck. Sometimes I would have one, but
rarely. But I had plenty of fun stuff that the thief did not notice
because he was in a hurry. $800 camera, a bunch of ammo, a "buck
knife" that I keep next to my seat etc. None of that was taken,
fortunately. The thief did not even notice cash in the pocket of the
driver's door. I am going to do some cleanup.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus25244 wrote:

Not practical at the moment, but for the future, yes, I would like to
move back to Oklahoma.

That has to be better than Dailyville.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

Not practical at the moment, but for the future, yes, I would like to
move back to Oklahoma.

That has to be better than Dailyville.

People are better, too. I do not live in Chicago however.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, nick hull wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

I use a game camera with good results. I get pictures of anything that
moves within the field of view. Have been using it to watch my farm
gate for some time and am pleased with the results. Make sure you
enclose it in a steel box so it can't be stolen easily. Even if damaged
the picture of the perp will be on the chip.

Do you have a brand of that camera? Anything that I can get started
with?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus22222 fired this volley
in :

On 2008-08-01, nick hull wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

I use a game camera with good results. I get pictures of anything
that moves within the field of view. Have been using it to watch my
farm gate for some time and am pleased with the results. Make sure
you enclose it in a steel box so it can't be stolen easily. Even if
damaged the picture of the perp will be on the chip.

Do you have a brand of that camera? Anything that I can get started
with?

Iggy, I use a cheap no-name ethernet camera, and some motion-sensing
freeware I got from an Australian site.

The computer doesn't have to be in the area at risk. I monitor my
cameras in my barn from my house, via a short-haul wireless link.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, nick hull wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

I use a game camera with good results. I get pictures of anything
that moves within the field of view. Have been using it to watch my
farm gate for some time and am pleased with the results. Make sure
you enclose it in a steel box so it can't be stolen easily. Even if
damaged the picture of the perp will be on the chip.

Do you have a brand of that camera? Anything that I can get started
with?

Iggy, I use a cheap no-name ethernet camera, and some motion-sensing
freeware I got from an Australian site.

The computer doesn't have to be in the area at risk. I monitor my
cameras in my barn from my house, via a short-haul wireless link.

Well, in my case the truck would be away from home.

There are actually some interesting developments in this story.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

Possibly in CA or MA, not in any sane state. There are quick access
handgun safes that can be installed under the drivers seat to make it
more secure. Of course if you have a CHL this is less of an issue since
the gun stays with you most of the time.

It's a sad state of affairs. Maybe when some more states relax these laws,
and more bad guys just get shot in the forehead, some of this will abate.

I doubt it, though, as long as we have liberals. (A liberal is a
conservative that hasn't been raped or robbed YET.)

Yes, it's certainly sad in some states.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

Years ago when I did CNC service the company car was broken into. They
didn't take anything apparently because they couldn't figure out what
anything was. The shipping case with the granite square in it must have
been particularly confusing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"ATP*" wrote:

Similar thing happened to some guys my mother knows. They went climbing
somewhere remote, but left some gear and bikes in their van. When they
returned, the gear had been stolen. So the next week they did the same,
but hid near the van. Nothing happened, so they did it the week after, and
the guys broke into the van again, so they grabbed them and took them to
the police.

I was hoping for a better ending.....

If you are in a remote area, how hard is it to carry a shovel?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

I've been waiting for the spare funds and boredom to coincide for my to
buy one of the now common 12v powered 4 channel DVR security recorders
and adapt it into a "black box" for my truck. I've seen them down in the
$250 range for a basic unit and a bit more for one with network
connectivity - think WiFi bridge to automatically download and archive
to DVD when you park in your garage so it's ready for morning. Perhaps
one of the cheap little video overlay boards, a microcontroller, a GPS
and an accelerometer to overlay additional data.

Do you think the recorder will survive the tempeatures in a trunk in
the summer sun? Or the camera in the green house? :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-01, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

Thieves would probably take "gold plated" carbide endmills but not
"dark grey plated" etc.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

I want to leave a sign in the window:

If you are thinking of breaking into this vehicle, just call me at ***-****
and I'll just give you twenty bucks.

........worth of ammo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

I've been waiting for the spare funds and boredom to coincide for my to
buy one of the now common 12v powered 4 channel DVR security recorders
and adapt it into a "black box" for my truck. I've seen them down in the
$250 range for a basic unit and a bit more for one with network
connectivity - think WiFi bridge to automatically download and archive
to DVD when you park in your garage so it's ready for morning. Perhaps
one of the cheap little video overlay boards, a microcontroller, a GPS
and an accelerometer to overlay additional data.

Do you think the recorder will survive the tempeatures in a trunk in
the summer sun? Or the camera in the green house? :-)
...lew...

They should if you package things properly. Certainly plenty of other
electronics survive in an automotive environment, the VCM in the engine
compartment getting the worst of it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

[...]

I made a gadget to protect my film and a camera in a hot trunk some years
ago. I made a cooler with a volume of one cubic foot (just a cube made of
2-inch-thick Styrofoam insulation) and put a single thermoelectic cell on
it, with a big power-transistor heat sink on the outside, and a smaller one
on the inside. I don't recall the voltage but I remember I had to put a big
resistor in series to run it off of the car battery. It dropped the
temperature around 25 deg. F or a little more.

Watch out, though. Those things draw more current (with the resistor, at
least) than you might think. It was no problem for 24 hours, but it drew the
battery down after that.

I wish I still had it. Somebody stole it when they broke into my car.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

[...]

Thermoelectric coolers are readily available and inexpensive. Modify one
with a small thermostatic switch, and feed it from your auxiliary
battery (you have one right?) so you don't have to worry about running
down the main and you're all set.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:14:20 -0500, "Pete C."

On 2008-08-01, SteveB toquerville@zionvistas wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

On 2008-08-01, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Welcome to Illinois....
[...]

In May, of 2000, they popped my truck and got me for $11,000 in tools
and company owned parts and supplies.
Im still recovering from the tool theft..I had SnapOn, Proto,
Tektronix etc etc. Everything neatly contained in Platt, Chicago and
Anvil cases....anything with a handle..went byebye.

I found out the ex had stopped paying the insurance 5 months
before....one of the reasons she is the ex.....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

[...]

When I made mine, the cells were fairly new on the market. I had four spare
thermoelectric cells left over from a piece of OTEC research equipment I
made for Japan's MITI in 1981. The damned things were expensive then.

Modify one
with a small thermostatic switch, and feed it from your auxiliary
battery (you have one right?)...

That was in a Volkswagen Scirocco. No, no auxiliary battery. But it went
like hell and handled great. d8-)

I have a commercial thermoelectic cooler now, which I use mostly on
vacations. But that one is 'way too big to keep in the trunk all the time.
But if I were doing it again, I'd buy one of those to start. Then I'd still
build the small cooler, and put the guts into it from the commercial one.
You wouldn't need the fan, if you did it right.

My homemade foam coolers are many times more efficient than commercial
coolers. And they cost only a few bucks to make.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi,

You might find what you want on X10.com. I have bought lighting
control from them and was happy. But I do not know about their video
systems.

Sincerely,
Roger

Wes wrote:
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
Hi,

Modest size thermoelectric coolers ( 170 BTU) can be purchased from
www.mpja.com. I have had good luck with the company.

Thanks
Roger