Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Had a "smash and grab" accident today

Ignoramus22222 fired this volley
in :

On 2008-08-01, nick hull wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus25244 wrote:

I am considering buying a recording camera of some kind with low amp
draw, 12v powered. Any idea?

I use a game camera with good results. I get pictures of anything
that moves within the field of view. Have been using it to watch my
farm gate for some time and am pleased with the results. Make sure
you enclose it in a steel box so it can't be stolen easily. Even if
damaged the picture of the perp will be on the chip.

Do you have a brand of that camera? Anything that I can get started
with?

Iggy, I use a cheap no-name ethernet camera, and some motion-sensing
freeware I got from an Australian site.

The computer doesn't have to be in the area at risk. I monitor my
cameras in my barn from my house, via a short-haul wireless link.

LLoyd