Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Had a "smash and grab" accident today

SteveB wrote:

"Ignoramus25244" wrote in message
Someone smashed the window of my truck, as it was parked at the train
station, and stole a GPS. I have grown too much trusting in people, I
think, and did not expect this sort of thing to happen, plus this used
to be a "nice area", so I did not hide my GPS.

I guess, a lesson learned.

Hope so. I hide stuff inside the car, and lock it all the time. Remnants
of living in Las Vegas for many years. Now I live in a town of 1500. But
80% of the crime here and in surrounding small towns within the state is
drug related. Grab something that's worth $250 and go trade it for a $10
rock. I want to leave a sign in the window:

If you are thinking of breaking into this vehicle, just call me at ***-****
and I'll just give you twenty bucks.

Your trouble is that you're a nice guy. Someone who's mind wouldn't even
think of doing such a deed. Alas, the world has a lot of not so nice guys.
And gals. Still a lot of good people around, but a lot of riffraff, too.

Steve

http://www.nbc6.net/news/17035637/detail.html

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080725/ARTICLE/807250362/0/sports

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.