Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Noah's Ark

Scale model of what.

The damn thing is just a figment of a rather uninformed imagination. A
little mixture of fiction and more fiction handed down by folk lore
from a friend of a friend of a friend.

Total crap. What a waist of money and time on a delusion.

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:44:03 -0400, Maxwell Lol
wrote:

Cliff writes:

[
Woodworker Builds LIFESIZE Noah's Ark
http://www.woodcraftplans.com/Interest/interest.htm

Lifesize, but it's still a scale model.

"Fourteen years after Johan had his dream, he started building on the
Ark in June 2005. This Ark in half of the original length of Noah's
Ark and a third of the width. (The original Ark was 140 cubits long,
23 cubits wide, and 14 cubits high. This Ark is 70 cubits long, 9.5
cubits wide, and nearly 13 cubits high.)"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave C biteme.com wrote:

Total crap. What a waist of money and time on a delusion.

But of course this would not apply to the "stuff" we see on hellivision produced by
Hellywood! :-)

I can't recall where Jesus the Christ ever told us to beware of the 19 ragheads with box
cutters, old man Allah or Big Bad Buddha. I'll tell you what He did tell us to beware
of. Matthew, Mark and Luke all record portions of this dialog.

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them,
*Take heed*
*and beware* of the
*leaven of the Pharisees*
*and of the Sadducees.*

In verse 11 He has to explain it a bit further.

Matthew 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning
bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

Mark 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees,
and of the leaven of Herod.

Luke 12:1 In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of
people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples
first of all,
*Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees*,
*which is hypocrisy.*

I'll bet the same bunch making a big joke of Noah's ark also deny that Sodom and Gomorrah
got destroyed for their wickedness. Actually, many deny that it was destroyed because of
sodomy, but Sodom and sodomy seem to have a bit of a connection.

For some of the wickedness of those towns check out
http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html
and then click on chapter 18. Wife swapping didn't start in the the 1960's or 1970's it
was going on then four times a year - at least.

Here's an interesting Tribute to the Bible:
http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/bstudy/tribute.htm

Good Day! :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Come on folks this is a metalworking NG

If you want to believe that if you do this or that then monkeys will
fly out your ass then feel free to do so. Just not here.

However some very large groups of people think that most of the ills
on this little blue dot are caused by "My god is better than Your God,
so we will go to war to prove how loving and kind mine is compared to
yours .

Most of the pestilence and misery of religion can be cured with an IQ
that is greater than two digits and a library card. Believe it or not
there is more than one book available to read and very few have been
edited, altered and rewritten by Popes and Dopes.

BTW there is not enough Di-Hydrogen Monoxide available anywhere on
this blue dot to raise the water level more than a few feet even if
you melted all the ice on the planet. Boat was a bit small in the
fable as well, probably would need to be the size of Rhode Island to
accommodate a viable biomass to encompass all species let alone the
transportation problem of getting the little beasties out of the damn
thing and moving them 12,000 miles over open water to all corners of
the said blue dot. Get a grip on reality.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:01:40 -0400, Al Patrick wrote:

Dave C biteme.com wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave wrote in message ...
Come on folks this is a metalworking NG

If you want to believe that if you do this or that then monkeys will
fly out your ass then feel free to do so. Just not here.

However some very large groups of people think that most of the ills
on this little blue dot are caused by "My god is better than Your God,
so we will go to war to prove how loving and kind mine is compared to
yours .

Most of the pestilence and misery of religion can be cured with an IQ
that is greater than two digits and a library card. Believe it or not
there is more than one book available to read and very few have been
edited, altered and rewritten by Popes and Dopes.

BTW there is not enough Di-Hydrogen Monoxide available anywhere on
this blue dot to raise the water level more than a few feet even if
you melted all the ice on the planet.

NASA says sea levels would rise 5 meters just from the complete melting of
the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, alone. If Greenland's ice sheet were to melt,
it would rise an additional 23 feet:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/...and_temps.html

I think you'd better revise your calculations.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If you want to start quoting NASA then do the calculations on the heat
released to condense that much water vapor into the big bad old rain
for the fabled fourty days.

The planet would be a burnt crisp long before it got partly done.

Calculations done my friend !!

BTW the world aint flat either.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:27:43 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave wrote in message news
Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

Not if you're standing on the beach and you're six feet tall. d8-)

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If you want to start quoting NASA then do the calculations on the heat
released to condense that much water vapor into the big bad old rain
for the fabled fourty days.

No condensation necessary for the NASA figures. It's already condensed.

The planet would be a burnt crisp long before it got partly done.

If you're talking about Noah, yes, certainly.

Calculations done my friend !!

Not the right ones to support your claim about how much water there is on
the planet, and how much sea levels would rise if it was all liquid.

BTW, that was just one ice shelf and one part of Antarctica. If you want to
add it all up, it's a lot more.

BTW the world aint flat either.

How about that.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:36:54 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message news
Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

Not if you're standing on the beach and you're six feet tall. d8-)

Ya got fourty days to walk up hill or inland. Geezze how dumb were
these six foot people.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If you want to start quoting NASA then do the calculations on the heat
released to condense that much water vapor into the big bad old rain
for the fabled fourty days.

No condensation necessary for the NASA figures. It's already condensed.

Yes is is needed for the other thousands and thousands of feet of
water. Just to cover the rockies you would need twenty thousand feet
of the wet stuff. Now there is those other pesky mountains about the
planet that would need to get wet.

The planet would be a burnt crisp long before it got partly done.

If you're talking about Noah, yes, certainly.

I dont know if you are allowed to read the other nasty thoughts but
have a look at http://members.aol.com/darrwin/flood.htm

Calculations done my friend !!

Not the right ones to support your claim about how much water there is on
the planet, and how much sea levels would rise if it was all liquid.

BTW, that was just one ice shelf and one part of Antarctica. If you want to
add it all up, it's a lot more.

No actually it is not that much more. If you melted every lick of the
frozen stuff everywhere on the planet it would still be under a
hundred feet. The planet has a fair bit of surface area.

BTW the world aint flat either.

How about that.

Yes it's true beleive it or not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Dave wrote in message news
Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

Not if you're standing on the beach and you're six feet tall. d8-)

Ya got fourty days to walk up hill or inland. Geezze how dumb were
these six foot people.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If you want to start quoting NASA then do the calculations on the heat
released to condense that much water vapor into the big bad old rain
for the fabled fourty days.

No condensation necessary for the NASA figures. It's already condensed.

Yes is is needed for the other thousands and thousands of feet of
water. Just to cover the rockies you would need twenty thousand feet
of the wet stuff. Now there is those other pesky mountains about the
planet that would need to get wet.

I wasn't talking about Noah. I was just correcting your suggestion that
there isn't enough water on the planet to raise sea levels by "more than a
few feet."

The planet would be a burnt crisp long before it got partly done.

If you're talking about Noah, yes, certainly.

I dont know if you are allowed to read the other nasty thoughts but
have a look at http://members.aol.com/darrwin/flood.htm

Calculations done my friend !!

Not the right ones to support your claim about how much water there is on
the planet, and how much sea levels would rise if it was all liquid.

BTW, that was just one ice shelf and one part of Antarctica. If you want
add it all up, it's a lot more.

No actually it is not that much more. If you melted every lick of the
frozen stuff everywhere on the planet it would still be under a
hundred feet. The planet has a fair bit of surface area.

That's a lot of feet.

BTW the world aint flat either.

How about that.

Yes it's true beleive it or not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave wrote in message news
Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If there's a God that created the universe, why couldn't he create a few
million miles of water if he wanted to? You don't have much business
calling anyone else a moron, look in the mirror.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well it is just this simple pinhead

Basic grade one physics is this simple. You cannot create matter from
nothing.

We are one very small blue dot on circling a very insignificant minor
star at the edge of a small galaxy in the swirling sea of infinity. I
hardly think we are the center of anything. Life as it ebbs and flows
across this little rock it is a wondrous thing but hardly the work of
any mystical fable.

If you want to believe in faries, garden gnomes, angels, trolls, gods
or boogie men in your attic, feel free. But please don't pretend to
hide behind any sort of abracadabra, just because he can crap.

Science is science and it is just as probable your momma told you
lies.

Let me guess, you think that evolution is the work of satin. Dinosaurs
were put here to test your faith and the folks are wrong about the age
of trees because you were told the earth was only a few thousand years
old.

Good for you, I hope you are not too disappointed at the finish line.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:35:54 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message news
Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If there's a God that created the universe, why couldn't he create a few
million miles of water if he wanted to? You don't have much business
calling anyone else a moron, look in the mirror.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave wrote in message ...
Well it is just this simple pinhead

Basic grade one physics is this simple. You cannot create matter from
nothing.

If there is a God, perhaps God wrote the laws of physics and isn't bound by
them. I just don't understand why a Biblical miracle would need to be able
to be explained without the Biblical God. Perhaps there isn't near enough
water to flood the Earth by any natural means, but if there is a God, why
would he be restricted to natural means? Actualy, there are many times both
in the Bible and experienced by people where supply didn't run out after it
should have. This has happened in the Bible with grain, oil, bread, food.
This has happened to people with automotive fuels, food, heating oil, money,
etc. So if God has creative power with all of these things, what would be
so difficult about creating water?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Creationists are probably more defensive about the Flood than any
other part of their mythology. One indication of that is the fact
that the seminal work of modern creationism (oxymoron) was called The
Genesis Flood. The Flood story apparently required lots of
explanation and justification if anyone were to take creationism
seriously. An instantaneous supernatural creation by an omnipotent God
is somehow easier to swallow than the cobbled-up mish-mash of legends
that became the biblical Flood story. Consider a few minor
difficulties and childish questions:

Were pairs of every species living on Earth taken aboard the Ark? All
living and extinct species? All 50 billion or so species that have
ever lived on Earth? Or only land animals and birds that couldn't
survive by swimming for several months? We're still talking many
millions of species. And while we're at it, why does my Bible state
clearly and unambiguously that two of each kind of animal were taken
aboard, then immediately afterwards it seems to correct itself by
informing us that seven of each "clean" animal were boarded, and then
immediately after THAT it insists that two of every kind were loaded?
How did Noah know which species were clean several thousand years
before God imparted those laws to Moses? And if Noah knew about
"clean" animals, why wasn't that knowledge passed down through the
generations? Is it possible that the whole business about "clean"
animals necessary for sacrifices was tacked on later by a bungling
editor who forgot to check the context for obvious contradictions?

OK, how about "kinds": two of the dog "kind," two of the antelope
"kind," two of the elephant "kind," two of the diplodocus "kind,"ad
finitum? That certainly cuts down on the crowd, but then we need a
definition of what a "kind" is. Creationists can't seem to manage a
consistent definition of "kind," even among themselves. Some, after
thinking about it long and hard, arrive at a definition of "kind" that
is indistinguishable from "species." But that doesn't solve the
problem of way too many animals on the boat. Others want to define
"kind" as inclusively as possible to solve the space problem. But then
incredibly supercharged evolution is required after the Flood to
expand each "kind" into the thousands (in some cases) of species
belonging to that "kind." Whatever the solution, 99+% of all species
of animals became extinct, either between the time of creation and the
Flood, or during the Flood, or immediately thereafter.

One must then wonder about an incredibly inept or wasteful creation in
which virtually all animal species were doomed to extinction within a
couple thousand years. Having dared to broach the subject of a God
who seems less than omniscient (didn't He know all this was going to
happen ahead of time?), consider also limited omnipotence. Why would
God need a lengthy Flood to destroy miscreant humans? Why destroy
billions upon billions of other living things? Why not simply snap
His fingers and make all the bad people disappear? (Note to
creationists who are seriously bent out of shape by these
"sacrilegious" questions: this is not an attack upon the
qualifications or abilities of the Almighty, but upon YOUR risible
notion of Him and what He has done.)

Did ALL those people deserve brutal and terrifying deaths? The
children? The two-year-old little girls? The newborn infants? The
unborn fetuses? Why don't creationists get all exercised about the
murder of those unborn? And of course there's Noah and his kin, who,
of all the human race, deserved to survive. That would be the same
Noah whose first crop after the Flood was wine grapes. In celebration
of all the blessings bestowed upon him, he got drunk as a skunk and
lay around naked. Then when his thoughtful son Ham tried to help him
out by getting help to cover his bare butt, Noah cursed him and his
descendants forever (and God, apparently, backed up that curse [and
biblical literalists have used that as a justification for slavery and
segregation of blacks {whom they imagine to be "Hamites"}, among other
atrocities]). Was that mean drunk the best of the human race that God
could come up with?

It appears thay you are incapable of a single original thought and we
will have to agree to disagree. You think I am a sinning heretic
realist and I think you are a fool.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:03:35 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message ...
Well it is just this simple pinhead

Basic grade one physics is this simple. You cannot create matter from
nothing.

If there is a God, perhaps God wrote the laws of physics and isn't bound by
them. I just don't understand why a Biblical miracle would need to be able
to be explained without the Biblical God. Perhaps there isn't near enough
water to flood the Earth by any natural means, but if there is a God, why
would he be restricted to natural means? Actualy, there are many times both
in the Bible and experienced by people where supply didn't run out after it
should have. This has happened in the Bible with grain, oil, bread, food.
This has happened to people with automotive fuels, food, heating oil, money,
etc. So if God has creative power with all of these things, what would be
so difficult about creating water?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There are those who believe the flood was "local" to the middle eastern area, but this is
not necessarily so and may tend to divide the flock. God is able to do what He pleases,
including making a shadow go backwards and water flow up hill or part in the middle or
come out of a rock in a dry desert. He's able to heal sick bodies, raise the dead and save
poor lost sinners like all of us have been or still are! :-)

One other little feature that *may* be considered here. The Bible tells us that hell has
enlarged itself. Isa 5:14. (The book: The Bible and the Bermuda Triangle (I think)
discusses the gates of hell at some length. It's about a 20+ year old book.) Some
believe this is within the earth. If this is the case then its just possible that the
earth is somewhat larger than it was at one time. Mountains are continually being
produced or enlarged because of volcanic activity, etc. I believe it was just a few
years back that a sub plowed into an under water mountain. It seems the "path" had been
altered since the last mapping of the sea took place.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RogerN wrote:

If there is a God, perhaps God wrote the laws of physics and isn't bound by
them. I just don't understand why a Biblical miracle would need to be able
to be explained without the Biblical God. Perhaps there isn't near enough
water to flood the Earth by any natural means, but if there is a God, why
would he be restricted to natural means?

Actualy, there are many times both
in the Bible and experienced by people where supply didn't run out after it
should have. This has happened in the Bible with grain, oil, bread, food.
This has happened to people with automotive fuels, food, heating oil, money,
etc. So if God has creative power with all of these things, what would be
so difficult about creating water?

Colossians 1: 16 & 17 tell us, concerning Jesus Christ:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible
and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all
things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The word "consist" portion of v 17 is elsewhere translated, "In Him all things hold
together" or are held together.

Ever wondered about all those positive charges inside the core of an atom? I *think*
Jesus Christ just might be the "Force" that keeps *every* atom from exploding. There's a
time coming when we supposedly will "know as we are known" so perhaps we'll find out one
day before too long. Though, like Sodom and Gomorrah and the flood, it will be too late.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave wrote in message ...

snip
You think I am a sinning heretic
realist and I think you are a fool.

I don't know any details about the flood or how many species would be
required to be on board the Ark to give us all the species we have today,
all I could do is speculate. I really don't see the need for an Ark myself,
why didn't God just beam Noah, his family, and the animals up to Heaven for
the 40 days and nights or until the flood was over? I think the flood of
Noah and the Israelites crossing the sea are both illustrations of water
babtism. The world was bad, the bad wasked away, and turned bad again. The
Israelties were delivered from bondage, went through the water, came out
cleansed but kept on doing wrong. Christians today get babtised, clean up
their act for a while but often their old nature returns.

I like Science too but I believe there are things beyond todays science. If
there weren't, there would be no more room for scientific discovery. I have
reasons to believe what I believe but I believe in many things I have never
seen. Like the Statue of Liberty, although I have personaly never seen it,
I believe in it based on hearing of it from others. I could think someone
faked all the pictures and writings about the Statue of Liberty just to fool
me but I don't kow why they would want to go to all that trouble to get me
to believe there's a Statue of Liberty if there really isn't. Although you
have never seen God, there are thousands that can testify of what he has
done for them and many have experienced miracles. You can believe them or
you can think they just make this stuff up just because they have some
desire to trick you.

I don't think you're any more of a sinner than I am and we both agree that
I'm a fool!

Noah's Ark Dave C Metalworking 1 July 9th 08 12:33 AM
How to build Noah's ark ??? Eliot Coweye Woodworking 27 November 30th 05 04:19 AM
Noah's tools David Woodworking 16 May 11th 05 10:22 PM
Little OT...Building Noah's Arc in 2005 Jim M Home Repair 0 February 3rd 05 04:56 PM