David

Default Noah's tools

I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

Dave
George

"David" wrote in message
I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

'S all right. he asked on rec.woodworking, and got a flood of advice....

David wrote:
I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a

gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If

EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's

got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

Dave

What good would the warranties be though?

David

LOl!

Dave

George wrote:

'S all right. he asked on rec.woodworking, and got a flood of advice....

gw

"David" wrote in message
I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

Dave

Quote from Noahm:
"Now we'll just put in a couple hundred thousand wooden pegs to hold
everything togethah until the glue dries..."

Leuf

On Fri, 06 May 2005 08:43:12 -0700, David wrote:

I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

"Well yes dear, I suppose I could do it with the jointer I already
have, but a larger one will help counter-balance the elephants."

"If you needed a new jointer God would have given you one."

"If he didn't think I needed one he'd have made the elephants smaller.
And .. Hey! That darn lion is napping on the Unisaw again. I hope
you can swim you mangy fleabag!"

-Leuf
George

"David" wrote in message
He must have had a hell of a time locating water-proof glue.

TWO of everything, though....

Robert Bonomi

In article , George george@least wrote:

"David" wrote in message
I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

'S all right. he asked on rec.woodworking, and got a flood of advice....

Even so, his first three construction attempts were abysmal failures.
But, he perservered, and got everything right on the next attempt.

It was the original Ark "D" triumph. groan

gw

"David" wrote in message
He must have had a hell of a time locating water-proof glue.

Dave

Gorilla Glue??
duck

David

Robert, now I know why my finished projects are full of "I should have
done "x" differently". I don't make prototypes. (I'm too cheap and too
slow to make 2 of everything). g

Dave

"David" wrote in message

I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

'S all right. he asked on rec.woodworking, and got a flood of advice....

Even so, his first three construction attempts were abysmal failures.
But, he perservered, and got everything right on the next attempt.

It was the original Ark "D" triumph. groan

Vic Baron

"gw" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat:
imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER
there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's
got to be the granddaddy of 'em all.

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

Dave

Quote from Noahm:
"Now we'll just put in a couple hundred thousand wooden pegs to hold
everything togethah until the glue dries..."

Anyone have a tape graduated in a sixteenth of a cubit?

Dave in Fairfax

Vic Baron wrote:
Anyone have a tape graduated in a sixteenth of a cubit?

Will an 18th of a cubit do? It's between the middle knuckles of
my little finger.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Prometheus

On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:21:25 -0400, Leuf
wrote:

"If he didn't think I needed one he'd have made the elephants smaller.
And .. Hey! That darn lion is napping on the Unisaw again. I hope
you can swim you mangy fleabag!"

Really big push stick?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

CNT

Wasn't it cats that was used as pushrod?

Chuck

And .. Hey! That darn lion is napping on the Unisaw again.