Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave dave is offline

Default Noah's Ark

Fourty plus feet IS just a few feet.

These morons would need well over a mile of water to do the trick they
propose happened.

If you want to start quoting NASA then do the calculations on the heat
released to condense that much water vapor into the big bad old rain
for the fabled fourty days.

The planet would be a burnt crisp long before it got partly done.

Calculations done my friend !!

BTW the world aint flat either.

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:27:43 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message ...
Come on folks this is a metalworking NG

If you want to believe that if you do this or that then monkeys will
fly out your ass then feel free to do so. Just not here.

However some very large groups of people think that most of the ills
on this little blue dot are caused by "My god is better than Your God,
so we will go to war to prove how loving and kind mine is compared to
yours .

Most of the pestilence and misery of religion can be cured with an IQ
that is greater than two digits and a library card. Believe it or not
there is more than one book available to read and very few have been
edited, altered and rewritten by Popes and Dopes.

BTW there is not enough Di-Hydrogen Monoxide available anywhere on
this blue dot to raise the water level more than a few feet even if
you melted all the ice on the planet.

NASA says sea levels would rise 5 meters just from the complete melting of
the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, alone. If Greenland's ice sheet were to melt,
it would rise an additional 23 feet:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/...and_temps.html

I think you'd better revise your calculations.