Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default Be carefull flaming Cliff or Gunner

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:47:15 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

They made me listen to AirAmerica!!

Which now has affiliates in 84 cities ......

HTH
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Louie" wrote in message

wrote:

They made me listen to AirAmerica!!

Which now has affiliates in 84 cities ......

HTH

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England, it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England, it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community throughout
the world -- and beating them.

Well yeah, but he probably can't produce one single neocon right
wing blogosphere "Cite" off the cuff, can he? That makes him a
loser. In certain circles around here anyhow....

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:16:46 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Louie" wrote in message

wrote:

They made me listen to AirAmerica!!

Which now has affiliates in 84 cities ......

HTH

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England, it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

Josef Stalin was incrediably rich too.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:16:46 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Louie" wrote in message

wrote:

They made me listen to AirAmerica!!

Which now has affiliates in 84 cities ......

HTH

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few

listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England, it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community

throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

Josef Stalin was incrediably rich too.

Stalin did it by being a murdering crook. Soros did it by being a
brass-balled gambler with confidence in the power of the market.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:53:10 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:16:46 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Louie" wrote in message

wrote:

They made me listen to AirAmerica!!

Which now has affiliates in 84 cities ......

HTH

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few

listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England, it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community

throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

Josef Stalin was incrediably rich too.

Stalin did it by being a murdering crook. Soros did it by being a
brass-balled gambler with confidence in the power of the market.

Yes and? He is still, in my opinion..a crook.

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
"Louie" wrote in message

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few

listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England,

it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community

throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

Josef Stalin was incrediably rich too.

Stalin did it by being a murdering crook. Soros did it by being a
brass-balled gambler with confidence in the power of the market.

Yes and? He is still, in my opinion..a crook.

Crooks are people who steal money, Gunner. Like W's old buddy, Kenny Boy
Lay, for example.

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

I think you're just jealous. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

Do I detect the faintest note of envy there?? You're
upset because a rich man wants to further his political
ideology?

Gunner, become filth rich and get your revenge on him. Donate
a potfull of money to Mr. Abramoff. g

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:49:38 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
"Louie" wrote in message

..and is in serious financial trouble. No advertisers and few
listeners
mean the only support is from the wacked-out wealth of losers like
George Soros.

"Losers"...like George Soros.

Louie, Soros made billions by betting against the Bank of England,

it's
entire weight and the support is has in the financial community
throughout
the world -- and beating them.

You're an idiot, Louie.

Josef Stalin was incrediably rich too.

Stalin did it by being a murdering crook. Soros did it by being a
brass-balled gambler with confidence in the power of the market.

Yes and? He is still, in my opinion..a crook.

Crooks are people who steal money, Gunner. Like W's old buddy, Kenny Boy
Lay, for example.

Yes. And? Does this include Global Crossing too?

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

I think you're just jealous. d8-)

Of what? Petulant retarded children?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 7 Feb 2006 04:50:59 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

Do I detect the faintest note of envy there?? You're
upset because a rich man wants to further his political
ideology?

Gunner, become filth rich and get your revenge on him. Donate
a potfull of money to Mr. Abramoff. g

Jim

Sorry Jim, Id rather remain poor and respect myself, than rich and
have no honor.

While I know that Honor is a contemptable word to you on the Left...it
actually means something to me.

If I wished to have tossed my honor in the trash..I could have been
rich many years ago. Its a hell of a lot easier to steal than it is to
work. But then..looking at yourself in the mirror in the morning
becomes problematic.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Gunner, become filthy rich and get your revenge on him. Donate
a potfull of money to Mr. Abramoff. g

Sorry Jim, Id rather remain poor and respect myself,

Being able to further you agenda (whatever that may be)
sometimes takes money, yes? You complain when somebody
becomes effective that way, but you don't consider that
you could do more to further the libertarian cause if
you did more than post about it on usenet?

Is 'respecting oneself' simply a code word for 'being
ineffective?'

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Gunner
says...

Gunner, become filthy rich and get your revenge on him. Donate
a potfull of money to Mr. Abramoff. g

Sorry Jim, Id rather remain poor and respect myself,

Being able to further you agenda (whatever that may be)
sometimes takes money, yes? You complain when somebody
becomes effective that way, but you don't consider that
you could do more to further the libertarian cause if
you did more than post about it on usenet?

Is 'respecting oneself' simply a code word for 'being
ineffective?'

Impotent is the word you are looking for Jim - impotent...

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7 Feb 2006 04:50:59 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, jim rozen
quickly quoth:

In article , Gunner says...

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

Do I detect the faintest note of envy there?? You're
upset because a rich man wants to further his political
ideology?

Does the fact that those fringe kooks are costing civilization an arm
and a leg (while not reducing or removing ANY of the objects or
actions creating their unfounded fears) escape you, Jim?

Gunner, become filth rich and get your revenge on him. Donate
a potfull of money to Mr. Abramoff. g

DON'T VOTE. IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , John R. Carroll
says...

Impotent is the word you are looking for Jim - impotent...

Hey, I like to think that I'm important....

Oh. Wait....

Jim

please reply to:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Sorry Jim, Id rather remain poor and respect myself,

Being able to further you agenda (whatever that may be)
sometimes takes money, yes? You complain when somebody
becomes effective that way, but you don't consider that
you could do more to further the libertarian cause if
you did more than post about it on usenet?

Is 'respecting oneself' simply a code word for 'being
ineffective?'

Think of it as "self-esteem." It's better than getting good grades. 'Better
than money. Unless you're a conservative. Then you call it "respecting
oneself," and ignore the fact that it's "self-esteem" by another name. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

wrote in message
On 7 Feb 2006 04:50:59 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, jim rozen
quickly quoth:

In article , Gunner says...

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

Do I detect the faintest note of envy there?? You're
upset because a rich man wants to further his political
ideology?

Does the fact that those fringe kooks are costing civilization an arm
and a leg (while not reducing or removing ANY of the objects or
actions creating their unfounded fears) escape you, Jim?

I thought you guys thought civilization stinks anyway, no? I mean, a
libertarian sees individuals, not societies or civilizations, correct?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message

Crooks are people who steal money, Gunner. Like W's old buddy, Kenny Boy
Lay, for example.

Yes. And? Does this include Global Crossing too?

Sure. Plenty of crooks there.

Not to mention being the nearly sole source funding behind most of
todays Far Left Extremist Fringe Kook political groups such as
MoveOn.Org and so forth.

I think you're just jealous. d8-)

Of what? Petulant retarded children?

No. Billions of dollars of your own money, to spend as you like to promote
your pet causes.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:17:23 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

wrote in message

Does the fact that those fringe kooks are costing civilization an arm
and a leg (while not reducing or removing ANY of the objects or
actions creating their unfounded fears) escape you, Jim?

I thought you guys thought civilization stinks anyway, no? I mean, a
libertarian sees individuals, not societies or civilizations, correct?

Right you are, Ed. And as the Unasked Bonus Question winner, a packet
of Smelt-scented HandeeWipes is on its way to you as we speak!

--

DON'T VOTE. IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

wrote in message

Does the fact that those fringe kooks are costing civilization an arm
and a leg (while not reducing or removing ANY of the objects or
actions creating their unfounded fears) escape you, Jim?

I thought you guys thought civilization stinks anyway, no? I mean, a
libertarian sees individuals, not societies or civilizations, correct?

Right you are, Ed. And as the Unasked Bonus Question winner, a packet
of Smelt-scented HandeeWipes is on its way to you as we speak!

Selling *those* would be a hell of a marketing-problem case study, eh? g

Just what programs being promoted by Soros have so raised your ire, Larry?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:24:03 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

wrote in message

Right you are, Ed. And as the Unasked Bonus Question winner, a packet
of Smelt-scented HandeeWipes is on its way to you as we speak!

Selling *those* would be a hell of a marketing-problem case study, eh? g

Ah, you betcha.

Just what programs being promoted by Soros have so raised your ire, Larry?

He'd be "just your typical radical liberal kook" if he hadn't donated
$23 million last year to these fringe groups. It's the fact that he's
-spending- that much money on the groups which drew my ire, Ed. I
recently finished reading Ronald Bailey's The True State of the World
and EcoScam. Almost any group mentioned in those books draw my ire.
What's your take on him?

--
Unfortunately, not only do scientists have an incentive to cry "crisis,"
so too do the environmental advocacy groups need crises. Without them,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:24:03 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Just what programs being promoted by Soros have so raised your ire,

Larry?

He'd be "just your typical radical liberal kook" if he hadn't donated
$23 million last year to these fringe groups. It's the fact that he's
-spending- that much money on the groups which drew my ire, Ed.

Holy cow. How can a libertarian, of all people, object to spending money on
fringe groups? g

recently finished reading Ronald Bailey's The True State of the World
and EcoScam. Almost any group mentioned in those books draw my ire.
What's your take on him?

Dunno. I don't read him. But the paragraph below, which is a string of
cliches and canned phrases taken right out of the populist/indignation
playbook, aimed at selling books and gaining readership from the
indignant-malcontent hoard without any need for specifics or genuine
research, doesn't encourage me to do so, either.

I can't remember ever getting "bulk quantities of junk mail" warning me of
ozone depletion or topsoil erosion. My bulk quantities of junk mail are
credit-card offers and discount deals from local department stores. To
complete the iron triangle, throw in the almost-daily missives from the
ARRP, spiced with occassional flurries from the state GOP.

--
Ed Huntress

--
Unfortunately, not only do scientists have an incentive to cry "crisis,"
so too do the environmental advocacy groups need crises. Without them,
how could advocacy groups justify thier pleas for donations? Nearly
every American gets bulk quantities of junk mail warning them of ozone
depletion, topsoil erosion, resource depletion, diminishing biodiversity,
and global warming. The money the advocacy groups collect is spent on
lawyers, lobbying, propaganda, and the salaries and perquisites of the
headquarers staffs. The media also have a strong incentive to report
"crises"--they must sell newspapers and airtime after all. So there it
is--an iron triangle of scientists pleading for research funds, interest
groups who need crises to justify their existence, and a press that needs
to sell papers. No wonder people are frightened.
--Ronald Bailey in "EcoScam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8 Feb 2006 11:47:16 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, jim rozen
quickly quoth:

In article ,
says...

He'd be "just your typical radical liberal kook" if he hadn't donated
$23 million last year to these fringe groups. It's the fact that he's
-spending- that much money on the groups which drew my ire, Ed. ...

Why shouldn't he be able to _spend_ his own money? On whatever he
wants?

I thought that was how free market economics worked.

He can and did spend his money as he liked. Who says I have to like
it, hmmm? I scream at pork in our gov't and I scream at wasteful
campaigns and useless legislation like Homeland Security.

--
Unfortunately, not only do scientists have an incentive to cry "crisis,"
so too do the environmental advocacy groups need crises. Without them,
how could advocacy groups justify thier pleas for donations? Nearly
every American gets bulk quantities of junk mail warning them of ozone
depletion, topsoil erosion, resource depletion, diminishing biodiversity,
and global warming. The money the advocacy groups collect is spent on
lawyers, lobbying, propaganda, and the salaries and perquisites of the
headquarers staffs. The media also have a strong incentive to report
"crises"--they must sell newspapers and airtime after all. So there it
is--an iron triangle of scientists pleading for research funds, interest
groups who need crises to justify their existence, and a press that needs
to sell papers. No wonder people are frightened.
--Ronald Bailey in "EcoScam"

Survey: A Little Feedback For Cliff BottleBob Metalworking 165 May 24th 05 09:32 PM
A Good book for Cliff jon_banquer Metalworking 2 April 18th 05 10:16 AM
OT - Ping Cliff Cliff Metalworking 2 February 28th 05 07:06 AM
Bizzarro Gunner - aka "Cliff" Lex Luthor Metalworking 5 January 30th 05 01:05 AM
OT - Gunner Quote Cliff Huprich Metalworking 183 January 27th 04 09:20 AM