Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default Be carefull flaming Cliff or Gunner

wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:24:03 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Just what programs being promoted by Soros have so raised your ire,

Larry?

He'd be "just your typical radical liberal kook" if he hadn't donated
$23 million last year to these fringe groups. It's the fact that he's
-spending- that much money on the groups which drew my ire, Ed.

Holy cow. How can a libertarian, of all people, object to spending money on
fringe groups? g

recently finished reading Ronald Bailey's The True State of the World
and EcoScam. Almost any group mentioned in those books draw my ire.
What's your take on him?

Dunno. I don't read him. But the paragraph below, which is a string of
cliches and canned phrases taken right out of the populist/indignation
playbook, aimed at selling books and gaining readership from the
indignant-malcontent hoard without any need for specifics or genuine
research, doesn't encourage me to do so, either.

I can't remember ever getting "bulk quantities of junk mail" warning me of
ozone depletion or topsoil erosion. My bulk quantities of junk mail are
credit-card offers and discount deals from local department stores. To
complete the iron triangle, throw in the almost-daily missives from the
ARRP, spiced with occassional flurries from the state GOP.

--
Ed Huntress

--
Unfortunately, not only do scientists have an incentive to cry "crisis,"
so too do the environmental advocacy groups need crises. Without them,