jon_banquer

Default A Good book for Cliff

wrote:
Cliff, Here is a clue! Buy a copy of this book" Machine Shop Trade
Secrets" by
James A. Harvey. You can get a copy at
www.industrialpress.com. This
book was written by a guy who actually knows how to machine real

parts.
Think of it like a book Jon may have written to enlighten you. Heck
Jon, maybe Cliff's birthday is coming up and you could get him a
copy! Anyway the book is really good and has many tips on mostly

manual
machining. Here is another clue Cliff, knowing manual machining would
greatly increase your understanding of CNC and engineering. But of
course Jon has told you that before. Seriously Cliff this book is

full
of things that most everyone that reads this group would like to

share
and talk about. BUT YOU won't allow it, as you have almost
single-handedly made this group worthless to post or even read for
informative purposes. -tazio

This book looks like a totally fresh approach to writing about
machining. I'm going to order MACHINE SHOP TRADE SECRETS tomorrow from
Borders Books. I often find if I pick up just one or two things from a
book, or the book gets me to look at something with a different
perspective that it's well worth the price of the book to me.
Especially look forward to reading this chapter:

Rotary Table Magic

If this book turns out to be a breath of fresh air, I may decide to
mention it in every post and at every possible chance as is my style.
:)

You will have to forgive me if I don't purchase this book for you know
who as I don't see the point in giving a book to someone who puts down
manual machinists and who shows no interest in learning because he
claims to know it all.

Thanks for the post.

jon

Cliff

On 17 Apr 2005 21:40:53 -0700, "jon_banquer"
wrote:

This book looks like a totally fresh approach to writing about
machining. I'm going to order MACHINE SHOP TRADE SECRETS tomorrow from
Borders Books. I often find if I pick up just one or two things from a
book, or the book gets me to look at something with a different
perspective that it's well worth the price of the book to me.

Try "Machinery's Handbook" first.
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

You will have to forgive me if I don't purchase this book for you know
who as I don't see the point in giving a book to someone who puts down
manual machinists

So NOW you are claiming to be just a manual machinist?
NO CAD/CAM at all?

(All of the machines in his picture of himself that he's so
proud of seem to be manual machines ... and he has the tool
of his trade right at hand :
http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/broomboy.jpg

About time for a haircut?

BTW, When are you EVER going to post something on machining
(and get it right)?
--
Cliff

Good turning book? T Woodworking 7 February 23rd 05 08:07 AM
good book (plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.) *selah* Home Repair 2 November 15th 04 08:01 AM
Good Plumbing Book for Novice J. UK diy 6 January 31st 04 09:22 AM