jim rozen

Default OK Harold, we give *up*!

Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

please reply to:
Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Harold

Grant Erwin

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Not only did Jim miss it, but so did I and so did Google, Harold .. are you sure
you didn't send that reply to Gary via email?

GWE

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Harold

Glenn

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Harold

Way strange. I didn't get your reply either so I went to google and looked
up the thread and it only has one post by you in all the 44 posts in that
thread. Not doubting you replied .. I just can't find it
I would probably have just mentioned to the clerk that she had only rung up
half the purchase. I have had poor luck trying to correct things like that.
Glen

Don Bruder

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Harold

I'll third that... I'm seeing no trace of it anywhere either, yet my
news server is saying that it has almost 11K (10763 as I type this)
posts available in this group.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info

jim rozen

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

We gotta know!

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Looks like newsguy shows Gary H's comments, but no
follow-up to him from you. It may be just stuck
in the works, only to pop out by morning.

Jim

please reply to:
Leo Lichtman

"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote: Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go
to the original post and read my response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my
actions, and my rationale..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Harold, why don't you just TELL us what you did?

Jon Elson

Glenn wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Exactly what *did* you do at the home desperate when the guy cheated
with the pipe fittings?

We gotta know!

Jim

Sorry you missed it, Jim. If you'll go to the original post and read my
response to Gary Hallenbeck, it explains my actions, and my rationale..

I'd appreciate your comments, Jim.

Harold

Way strange. I didn't get your reply either so I went to google and looked
up the thread and it only has one post by you in all the 44 posts in that
thread. Not doubting you replied .. I just can't find it
I would probably have just mentioned to the clerk that she had only rung up
half the purchase. I have had poor luck trying to correct things like that.
Glen

Unlike email, which is essentially guaranteed delivery, newsgroups are
definitely NOT guaranteed delivery. If the server is too busy, it just
throws messages away!

Jon

Richard J Kinch

William Bagwell writes:

Why did I get involved, such as I did?

Not for any good reason.
Leo Lichtman

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:
Harold, why don't you just TELL us what you did?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Harold wrote:
Leo,

I've posted what I did on three different threads in the hope it's getting
out. Apparently my ISP is having problems. I responded five time to my
original post, plus various comments on other posts, all of which show on my
computer, but none show on Google.

I'm copying, below, what I posted originally. It was in response to a post
by Gary Hallenbeck. If you can't find it on RCM under a post titled
Harold's response to the dilemma, would you please post it, with my
permission? There's nothing more I can do until Monday, when TDS has the
proper staff on hand to address the problem, which is ongoing with them.
I've had considerable trouble with them for the past year. May be time
for a new ISP.

Thanks,

Harold

Not being an employee, yet not wanting to see anyone pull that kind of crap,
I said nothing until he walked out of the store. We were almost directly in
front of the exit, so he was gone in seconds, but I had observed enough to
know that if they wanted to contact him, they could. I simply told the
clerk that she had just given away half of what the customer chose, and
explained to her how she did it. I did not want to confront the buyer, for
it was not my business and I didn't feel a need for a personal
confrontation. I'm too old for that. I did what any *responsible* person
would do, I notified those that should be involved.

Do I know I'm right? Yeah----I do. Regardless of how it happened, the
ells had connectors on the end. I know this because the ells had a formed
spigot on the other end, so it was obvious the connector had been added.
If the guy was smart enough to buy them, he was, likewise, smart enough to
know that he had two pieces, not just one. He was also aware that he was
not paying for both pieces, for he stood there and watched her scan each
item, sometimes more than once when the scanner didn't "see" it on the first
pass. As a person that wouldn't have done the same thing, I couldn't
believe my eyes as he stood there without saying anything.

The clerk assured me that he was working on the new restaurant going in
across the street, and was in the store regularly for provisions. Dunno if
they know one another aside from their store relationship, nor do I care.
She wasn't a looker, in fact not the type you'd have for something on the
side, at least not in my estimation. Based on that, I don't know that they
weren't working as a team, but I'd suggest they were not. She didn't
address him by name.

When I got home, I placed a call to the store and requested top level
management, wanting to let them know that it had happened. The person with
whom I spoke was grateful for the call, and didn't ask my name. He did want
to know the register number and time, which I provided. I checked out about
a minute later, so it was easy to provide both.

Why did I get involved, such as I did?

Well, first off, since I turned 18 and started working, I've worked for a
living. I was never unemployed, ever. I didn't make a lot of money, for
I was a machinist. That job has never been high pay, never, not even
today, but it used to be steady employment, and I was gifted with the
ability to run machines well. From this you can deduct that I've earned
my way in life, not stolen it. I've never drawn a dime of unemployment pay.
Wouldn't even know how to go about asking for it.

One of the things I've tried to do in life when there was a question about
my actions is to turn it around and become the recipient of the deed, what
ever it may be. This one was a no-brainer. If I owned the store, I'd
want to know that this person would gladly steal from me, given the
opportunity. Maybe he didn't plan to have it happen, but he did nothing
to prevent it when he could have. Instead, he smartly walked out of the
store with his bag of items with a smile. He beat the system. He was
either the representative of a contractor, or the contractor himself. I
can't imagine that their bid didn't include money for needed materials, so
they were selling items appropriated improperly to increase their likely
already inflated profits. That, of course, I can't know, but for sure they
were selling something obtained by less than honorable methods.

Home Depot is new at this location, as Gary alluded. Barely a month old.
It's 25 miles from home for us. Previously we had to drive 50 miles to
get to the one in Lacey, where we've spent a great deal of our money there
as we've built the shop and now the house. They have a large variety of
things that we need, and they are a welcome presence in the community, at
least as far as I'm concerned, and the parking lot indicates. The local
stores had it good, overcharging for almost everything. I recall all too
well driving the 50 miles one way to Lacey when I needed several 5 gallon
cans of dampproofing for the foundation and it was twice as expensive
locally as it was at Home Depot.

Home Depot does not give the store away. My reason for being in town today
was to place the order for our windows. HD was higher by about $600 than
the local provider. The local business, the astute one that has a sharp
pencil, won't be losing much business to them, for they know they have to
compete, and they do. I'd like to insure that they don't go out of
business.

Harold

Proctologically Violated©®

Harold,

You *called* HD???? ?????????????????
Unbelievable.... Unfuknbelievable.....
I knew you made *some* trouble, cuz, well, basically I had perceived you as
an entitled judgmental pill for some time now, but *that* was not on my list
of possibilities!!
Partly, cuz, well, pill or not, I thought you had at least one ball.

All you did was *rat out* a hapless cashier, and possibly cost her her job.

WTF is wrong w/ you?
You think because you never collected unemployment and are a bit of a
half-assed machinist you are entitled to hold the rest of the world to
super-accountability--to YOUR faux standards??

And, you have the bitchy-assed fukn nerve and pomp to speculate on poss.
relationships based on *your assessment of looks*??
You are a fukn dickless asshole.
And a coward.

If you are going to make people's lives miserable, at least have the fukn
backbone and small ball to do it face-to-face.
No doubt you have called Code Enforcement on 9 out of 10 of your hapless
neighbors.... gotten co-workers fired.... spy on the wife, mebbe?? what
a peach...

Man, my co-workers would have a *ball* w/ you.... you'd be the company bitch
in about 48 hours.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Harold wrote:
[...]

doo

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
[...]

Darn... and to think I was going to wait til that cashier was working
again, start with a copper 90, add a piece of copper pipe, a couple
valves, a sink, drain, faucet, and a garbage disposal, and have her
scan just the sticker left on the 90.

"Whatdayamean $600 for a fitting?" LMAO

Ron

Grant Erwin

Little rough there, Peavey, not everyone's like you .. what Harold did is
essentially what most of the sober-minded folks on this NG said they'd do.
Please pull the claws back in about an inch ..

GWE

Harold wrote:
[...]

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:50:23 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Grant Erwin quickly quoth:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Not only did Jim miss it, but so did I and so did Google, Harold .. are you sure
you didn't send that reply to Gary via email?

I just reviewed all 51 responses on Google and missed it, too.

OK, Harold. Back away from that bottle of Ouzo and...

--

From time to time, we have been tempted to believe that society has
become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by

-President Ronald Reagan
First Inaugural Address
Tuesday, January 20, 1981

larry g

Well Harold we now know who was in front of you, Mr. PV himself or his
twin. Thank you Harold for being an honest man.
lg
no neat sig line

Harold wrote:
[...]

jim rozen

In article , Proctologically Violated©® says...

Harold,

You *called* HD???? ?????????????????

snip rant

Hmm. Cranky cranky.

Too many catboxes to clean out, eh?

Jim

please reply to:
Abrasha

Leo Lichtman wrote:

Not being an employee, yet not wanting to see anyone pull that kind of crap,
I said nothing until he walked out of the store. We were almost directly in
front of the exit, so he was gone in seconds, but I had observed enough to
know that if they wanted to contact him, they could. I simply told the
clerk that she had just given away half of what the customer chose, and
explained to her how she did it. I did not want to confront the buyer,

Why? Afraid to get punched in the face? But not afraid to be assaulted
by a female cashier. Coward.

for
it was not my business

Indeed, it was not your business!

and I didn't feel a need for a personal
confrontation. I'm too old for that. I did what any *responsible* person
would do, I notified those that should be involved.

Do I know I'm right? Yeah----I do.

No you're not! You just don't know how to mind your own business. And
your action might even have cost the poor woman her job.

Regardless of how it happened, the
ells had connectors on the end. I know this because the ells had a formed
spigot on the other end, so it was obvious the connector had been added.
If the guy was smart enough to buy them, he was, likewise, smart enough to
know that he had two pieces, not just one. He was also aware that he was
not paying for both pieces, for he stood there and watched her scan each
item, sometimes more than once when the scanner didn't "see" it on the first
pass.

You are making nothing but assumptions. You don't know if he was paying
attention to her scanning the items, he may have been day dreaming while
seemingly looking at her scanning the items. Has happened to me many
times. When the charge slip is put in front of me I just sign on the
dotted line. Sometimes I get lucky.

As a person that wouldn't have done the same thing,

Well, how grand of you

I couldn't
believe my eyes as he stood there without saying anything.

Again, you don't even know that he know what had happened.

The clerk assured me that he was working on the new restaurant going in
across the street, and was in the store regularly for provisions. Dunno if
they know one another aside from their store relationship, nor do I care.
She wasn't a looker, in fact not the type you'd have for something on the
side, at least not in my estimation.

**** you asshole! Where do you get the balls to assume a relationship,
based on how someone looks in your opinion.

Based on that, I don't know that they
weren't working as a team, but I'd suggest they were not.

Jackass!

[...]

So you were just **** jealous that someone got something for free, and
you were going to see to it, that he was going to pay for it, like you
have all your life.

One of the things I've tried to do in life when there was a question about
my actions is to turn it around and become the recipient of the deed, what
ever it may be. This one was a no-brainer. If I owned the store, I'd
want to know that this person would gladly steal from me, given the
opportunity.

You don't know that he stole. Like I said, he may have just
absentmindedly signed on the bottom line and walked out.

Maybe he didn't plan to have it happen, but he did nothing
to prevent it when he could have.

You don't know that.

Instead, he smartly walked out of the
store with his bag of items with a smile. He beat the system. He was
either the representative of a contractor, or the contractor himself. I
can't imagine that their bid didn't include money for needed materials, so
they were selling items appropriated improperly to increase their likely
already inflated profits. That, of course, I can't know, but for sure they
were selling something obtained by less than honorable methods.

You don't know that either.

What a pathetic post.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Leo Lichtman

"Abrasha" wrote: Leo Lichtman wrote:
A long quotation which LeoLichtman forwarded from Harold, the OP. Abrasha,
none of what you attributed to me was actually mine. All I did was solicit
an answer from Harold, and forward it to the group at his request. You owe
me a doughnut.

Abrasha

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Abrasha" wrote: Leo Lichtman wrote:
A long quotation which LeoLichtman forwarded from Harold, the OP. Abrasha,
none of what you attributed to me was actually mine. All I did was solicit
an answer from Harold, and forward it to the group at his request. You owe
me a doughnut.

I know Leo. I did not direct my post towards you. I was not trying to
address you, but rather the OP.

I should have taken the "Leo Lichtman wrote:" out. I'll buy you that
doughnut, when you come to get it.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..

Indeed, it was not your business!

Yep!

And I'm sure you'd have the same feelings if it was someone stealing from
*your* store. Surely, you wouldn't want to know, would you.

Hypocrite!!

What a pathetic post.
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

What's pathetic is your unbelievable amorality. Your double standard.

Look, asshole, I'd have done the same thing for you-----it has nothing to do
with HD or any other entity--I am the one that was on trial----or perhaps my
morals-------

I live by certain standards-----standards that dictate if I compromise what
I do, I become someone like you------which isn't the most complimentary
thing I can think of..

Oh, yeah, in case you didn't already figure it out-----------*PLONK*

Harold

Don Bruder

In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Own it Harold - Regardless of how you dance around it, Abrasha is right
(and to a lesser extent, though with much more volume, venom, and
incoherence, so is PV): Dress it up in fancy terms, call it "Associate
loss-prevention agent", or "Informal double-checker", or any other damn
thing you want, but at the end of the day, you're nothing but a snitch.

In my book, a lower life-form than that simply doesn't exist.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info
Don Bruder

In article ,
Ignoramus25349 wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:37:41 -0800, Don Bruder wrote:
thing you want, but at the end of the day, you're nothing but a snitch.

I think that we have to be careful about a broad term like "snitch".

Suppose that you learn about a man who assembled together two water
fittings and paid for only one. And you (the hypothetical you)
complain.

Does that make you a snitch?

zero hesitation Yes.

Another try. Suppose that you learn that a person raped a child,
killed her and dumped her body someplace. And you inform the
police.

Does that make you a snitch?

slight hesitation Maybe. Depending on who the child was (Do I have any
attachment? Do I have any reason to care beyond "There's a killer on the
streets and he might take aim at me next"?) I might be more inclined to
invoke the "rule of the three S-es" without ever involving the cops. Or
I might turn him in. Or I might apply (or attempt to) an ass-whoopin'
THEN turn him in. Or any of several other possiblities that I simply
can't say "I'd do *THIS*, and that's the end of it" about without
actually finding myself in the position.

If your answers are (as I hope) different, then just where does the
difference lie?

The only answer I can give is the same one that gets used so often in
reference to distinguishing between "plain old pornography" and
"obscenity": "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it."

Are there some sufficiently devious crimes, and insufficiently devious
crimes?

Yes.

For me, the answer is yes. If I learn that my neighbor built a
illegal machinegun, or has a pig hidden in his shed contrary to
ordinances, I would consider complaining about his crimes to be
snitching.

And rightly so.

Now if I learn that the same person committed some horrible crime,
like murder, I would inform authorities and would be proud of that.

Depending on the circumstances, I might, as well.

Ethics *MUST* be situational, if only because what's ethical for one
situation can be unethical in another, with only the tiniest visible
distinction between the two. (Example: An EMS tech refusing to stop
working on a patient is ethical right to the bone. An EMS tech refusing
to stop working on a patient after the patient has said "Keep your hands
off me" (or something with the same meaning, regardless of the exact
wording used - whether conveyed verbally, or through a "DNR" card,
"living will", or similar instrument found in their wallet) is a scumbag
with delusions of godhood and absolutely no trace of ethics who needs a
solid slap upside the head. (at the *VERY* least)

In the end, there are laws that I do not respect and would not want to
complain about people violating them.

Agreed. Just because it's (read this next bit in a big, booming, "voice
from on-high" typeface) "THE LAW" doesn't mean that it's either right,
or even "good". And being legal doesn't neccesarily make something
ethical or non-ethical. Quite a few totally unethical things are
perfectly legal, while quite a few highly ethical things are crimes that
could get you locked up or even executed - For example, hunting down and
killing the hypothetical guy that raped and dumped the kid you presented
above is illegal, but by my standards, its perfectly ethical.

That includes most ordinances, gun control laws, and most copyright laws.

Agreed - particularly the ordinances and gun control laws. A more random
hodgepodge of "I don't like this, it should be illegal" has never before
been seen on planet Earth.

The laws that I respect, though, would warrant my complaint if I
consider the violation grievous enough.

But what constitutes "grievous enough"? That's the crux of the whole
thing.

As I said, Ethics *MUST* be situational. Adhering to an ethical
"absolute" under all conditions isn't laudable - It's often just plain
STUPID. Particularly in the "edge cases" where an all-but-invisible (and
often, it's something that's all but impossible to articulate without
sounding like a complete lunatic in the attempt) detail can be all that
stands between "ethical" and "non-ethical".

I stand by my statement - In the situation put forth for commentary, my
comment is that Harold qualifies as a snitch by my standards.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info
Rex B

Well that does it for me.
Nothing like taking an intelligent discourse on morality and reducing it
to name-calling and cursing.
[plonk]
- -
Rex Burkheimer

[profanity and insults deleted]
Dick

I don't usually go to management on something like this but I would
definitely inform the cashier. I doubt if it was collusion between the
purchaser and the cashier but a cashier who is not properly trained.
I will drop a dime on someone I see shop lifting. Is this my business?
Definitely. People aren't in business to lose money so the prices of
everything I buy are higher to make up for these losses. In this instance
perhaps the customer wasn't aware that he was only paying for one item
instead of two so I wouldn't say anything at the moment, not because I'm
afraid of getting my ass whipped but not wanting to make a scene perhaps
embarrassing him and the cashier both so I would wait until he had left.
I doubt if by telling management about something as slight as this
occurrence would cost the cashier a job but even if it did then that's their
determination. They have the right to know if their cashier is not
knowledgeable or not trained enough for the position or if they are just not
caring enough to do the job right.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at
"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..
Leo Lichtman wrote:

[...]

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Which speaks more of your personal choices than anything. Certainly not
of my morals. I'm lots of things, but a hypocrite isn't one of them. I
know the difference between right and wrong, and I live accordingly. My
conversation with the manager of the store was very much in defense of the
checker, who is new to the job, as are all the store employees.

Those of you with convoluted thinking would see this from a totally
different perspective if it was happening *to you*. Your store-----your
loss. Tell me you wouldn't want to know-----tell me you'd endorse the
person that pulled the caper. What losers you are.

I've learned a great deal from this----but the most important thing I've
learned is that many people have terrible ethics----which manifest
themselves almost daily here in the greater Seattle area by hit and run
vehicle crimes.

To each of you that have voiced your support of the perpetrator, thanks, I
appreciate knowing which of you have a value system that doesn't agree with
mine. I know to avoid you now.

Harold

Proctologically Violated©®

Harold, suck my dick, you smug prissy clueless asshole.
Better, go find Bob Nardelli, and suck his, for practice. Email Charlie
gulpahhh Rose for some, uh, tips.
Then come to Yonkers and suck mine--as I have very high standards.
Not quite as high--and mighty--as yours, but still pretty high.
No biting, please....
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Leo Lichtman

I bought a cart-full at Costco today, and I'll offer a comparison to Home
Depot. One of the items in my cart was a case of motor oil, which had been
opened. While they were moving and scanning my purchases, I saw the guy
open the case and look inside. Why did he do that? Because there was a
possibility that I was stealing something by hiding it in the box. Whether
he did that because he is well trained, or because he is an intelligent and
alert employee, I am convinced that it must stem from a higher standard of
hiring, training and pay scale at Costco, compared to HD.

My guess is that HD has adopted a policy of saving money on salaries, with
full knowledge that they will lose part of it because of poor employee
performance.

I admire honesty and efficiency, but, who knows--in the grand scheme of
things, Home Depot seems to have a system that works for them.

Greg Krynen

Harold, I would like to comment about machinist incomes. I am not a
machinist but have grown up around a few here in California.
These machinist always had better cars and fancier homes than my family did.
One, a close friend, owned his CNC machines and could afford to move them
halfway across thestate when he decided to move his home as well.
I think machinists make great money but it all depends on how they price
themselves, who they work for and reputation.
Of course it also helps to machine sensitive government parts or precision
parts rather than parts that can be outsourced to other countries.

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Rex B

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Then come to Yonkers

That explains a lot.

Another one for the list.

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Greg Krynen" wrote in message
Harold, I would like to comment about machinist incomes. I am not a
machinist but have grown up around a few here in California.
These machinist always had better cars and fancier homes than my family

did.
One, a close friend, owned his CNC machines and could afford to move them
halfway across thestate when he decided to move his home as well.

Hey Greg,

I realize that there are those that have done quite well in machining. Many
of my peers did much like the friend you described (only not the move), some
of whom have made a considerable amount of money----but it takes working for
one's self to do that, which I did.

I think machinists make great money but it all depends on how they price
themselves, who they work for and reputation.

Those in Washington State that work for Boeing are reputed to be making
about $60,000/year, and they are not machinists, but work under the
machinist's union. Could be that I am no longer well advised----I've been
out of the machining trade since '83 and haven't attempted to stay current.

I started in the trade in "57, as a trainee. Pay was $1.50/hr. After ten
years in the trade, I was being paid $3.50, as were the vast majority if
machinists in Utah. That was pretty much what they earned, and it was well
under the pay of the construction trades for the time. Please understand
that I am not down on the trade, and not really complaining about the wages.
My point was more one of having worked for a living, not stealing my way
through life.

Of course it also helps to machine sensitive government parts or precision
parts rather than parts that can be outsourced to other countries.

Very true. I subcontracted primarily from the aero-space and defense
industries, with additional work for the pharmaceutical industry. I
established a good reputation for my ability to work to fine tolerances, and
specialized in small work, at which I appear to be at my best. I made a
choice to work alone, and to stay with manual machines. The only way you
make killer good money is to over-bid the work, or to work hours.
Considering my philosophy, I chose to bid fairly, and work hours. I
didn't mean to imply I didn't make money, surely I did, but dragging down
triple shop rate wasn't the norm, nor was it my desire. I've always prided
myself in having earned my way in life-----and would consider myself a
hypocrite to do otherwise. I've spoken out about unearned money, and that
applies to me as well as others. Again, I'd like to think that I don't have
a double standard.

I am quite intolerant of those that are leaches on society------and that
includes folks with double standards that think it's fine to cheat a
company. What really torques me is that these are the folks that would be
looking for a cop when the same thing was done to them. Message received:
It's OK for me to screw over others, but it's not OK for anyone to screw
over me.

This entire thread has been very revealing, and has considerably enlarged my
kill file, which, up to now, contained only a couple names. There are
folks here that I simply have no desire to know, nor to communicate with,
and the reason should be obvious. I am an open person that willingly
invites others to visit. I don't want to worry about those that accept the
invitation and have sticky fingers. Frankly, when anyone explains to me
that it is acceptable to cheat others under circumstances of their choosing,
they are not welcome. How can I, or anyone, know when their convoluted
thinking will allow them to decide that I am fair game? I wouldn't
associate with folks like that any more than I'd associate with child
molesters. In my estimation, they, in part, are what's wrong with society
today.

Thanks for your comments, Greg. It's a pleasure to talk with folks with
manners.

Harold

Harold and Susan Vordos

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,

snip---

I stand by my statement - In the situation put forth for commentary, my
comment is that Harold qualifies as a snitch by my standards.

Precisely why, given an opportunity to meet you as a person, I'd gladly
decline. I don't like your double standard, nor do I feel comfortable
around people that arbitrarily apply their convoluted thinking such that it
is to their advantage. Join the list.

Harold

John Husvar

In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,

snip---

I stand by my statement - In the situation put forth for commentary, my
comment is that Harold qualifies as a snitch by my standards.

Precisely why, given an opportunity to meet you as a person, I'd gladly
decline. I don't like your double standard, nor do I feel comfortable
around people that arbitrarily apply their convoluted thinking such that it
is to their advantage. Join the list.

Harold

I can't believe how some people think it's just fine to steal from, idly
watch theft occurring at, or encourage others to steal from a merchant
or the IRS, or an insurance company. But if someone tried to steal from
them, they would raise a hue and cry that would shake the heavens, if
they didn't just shoot the thief, forgetting they are just as much
thieves.

You can't be only a little bit a thief just as a woman can't be only a
little bit pregnant.

If someone else knew they were being stolen from and didn't tell them,
would they then praise and respect that person for not being a snitch?
Somehow I doubt it.

Just ****ing unbelievable.

Put me down with the prissy, self-righteous, something-somethings you've
called Harold. I'll be proud to be on the same list.

What ****ing standards, you thieves?
George Willer

Put me down with the prissy, self-righteous, something-somethings you've
called Harold. I'll be proud to be on the same list.

What ****ing standards, you thieves?

Please put me on that list as well! You creeps with no morals have no place
in my life. You'll surely reap what you sow.

George Willer

Rex B

John Husvar wrote:
Put me down with the prissy, self-righteous, something-somethings you've
called Harold. I'll be proud to be on the same list.

Hear, Hear!

[Rex Burkheimer lines up behind John]

~Roy

While Harold and I have a lot of different views on how things are or
should be done, I whole heartedly have to agree with him on
this..please add me to that list as well........

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:03:42 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

===
===John Husvar wrote:
=== Put me down with the prissy, self-righteous, something-somethings you've
=== called Harold. I'll be proud to be on the same list.
===
===Hear, Hear!
===
===[Rex Burkheimer lines up behind John]

"The original frugal ponder"
Andy Asberry

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:48:07 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Harold, suck my dick, you smug prissy clueless asshole.
Better, go find Bob Nardelli, and suck his, for practice. Email Charlie
gulpahhh Rose for some, uh, tips.
Then come to Yonkers and suck mine--as I have very high standards.
Not quite as high--and mighty--as yours, but still pretty high.
No biting, please....
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Unfortunately for humanity, you will never possess or even recognize
what Harold has...and that is CLASS!

gfulton

"~Roy" wrote in message
While Harold and I have a lot of different views on how things are or
should be done, I whole heartedly have to agree with him on
this..please add me to that list as well........

And me.

Gunner

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:51:00 GMT, John Husvar
wrote:

In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,

snip---

[...]

Chuckle..and some of the amoral call ME a nutcase. At the least...I
have a sense of right and wrong.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:29:29 GMT, Ignoramus15120
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:51:15 +0000, Peter Wiley wrote:
In article
, John
Husvar wrote:

In article ,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
snip---

[...]

Yeah. What he said.

Now I know why, in the USA, you have to pay for gas *before* you fill
your tank, which is totally unheard of where I live.

Makes me wonder what else you "know" about the usa

who last paid for gas before filling his tank 8 years ago

Family owns a station? This dont happen in most of the US..pay before
pumping is the rule of the game. And Ive been damned near everywhere.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

OT - Katrina and Insurance Claims Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 101 September 30th 05 07:06 AM
OT - Katrina and Insurance Claims Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 100 September 30th 05 07:06 AM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
What is the future of manufacturing? Hardwired Metalworking 157 August 22nd 03 01:14 AM
When laying floor tiles, what size will give the best illusion of space? Jon Weaver UK diy 2 August 13th 03 12:05 AM