Dick

Default OK Harold, we give *up*!

I don't usually go to management on something like this but I would
definitely inform the cashier. I doubt if it was collusion between the
purchaser and the cashier but a cashier who is not properly trained.
I will drop a dime on someone I see shop lifting. Is this my business?
Definitely. People aren't in business to lose money so the prices of
everything I buy are higher to make up for these losses. In this instance
perhaps the customer wasn't aware that he was only paying for one item
instead of two so I wouldn't say anything at the moment, not because I'm
afraid of getting my ass whipped but not wanting to make a scene perhaps
embarrassing him and the cashier both so I would wait until he had left.
I doubt if by telling management about something as slight as this
occurrence would cost the cashier a job but even if it did then that's their
determination. They have the right to know if their cashier is not
knowledgeable or not trained enough for the position or if they are just not
caring enough to do the job right.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at
"Abrasha" wrote in message
. ..
Leo Lichtman wrote:

Not being an employee, yet not wanting to see anyone pull that kind of
crap,
I said nothing until he walked out of the store. We were almost directly
in
front of the exit, so he was gone in seconds, but I had observed enough
know that if they wanted to contact him, they could. I simply told the
clerk that she had just given away half of what the customer chose, and
explained to her how she did it. I did not want to confront the buyer,

Why? Afraid to get punched in the face? But not afraid to be assaulted
by a female cashier. Coward.

for
it was not my business

Indeed, it was not your business!

and I didn't feel a need for a personal
confrontation. I'm too old for that. I did what any *responsible* person
would do, I notified those that should be involved.

Do I know I'm right? Yeah----I do.

No you're not! You just don't know how to mind your own business. And
your action might even have cost the poor woman her job.

Regardless of how it happened, the
ells had connectors on the end. I know this because the ells had a
formed
spigot on the other end, so it was obvious the connector had been added.
If the guy was smart enough to buy them, he was, likewise, smart enough
know that he had two pieces, not just one. He was also aware that he
was
not paying for both pieces, for he stood there and watched her scan each
item, sometimes more than once when the scanner didn't "see" it on the
first
pass.

You are making nothing but assumptions. You don't know if he was paying
attention to her scanning the items, he may have been day dreaming while
seemingly looking at her scanning the items. Has happened to me many
times. When the charge slip is put in front of me I just sign on the
dotted line. Sometimes I get lucky.

As a person that wouldn't have done the same thing,

Well, how grand of you

I couldn't
believe my eyes as he stood there without saying anything.

Again, you don't even know that he know what had happened.

The clerk assured me that he was working on the new restaurant going in
across the street, and was in the store regularly for provisions. Dunno
if
they know one another aside from their store relationship, nor do I care.
She wasn't a looker, in fact not the type you'd have for something on the
side, at least not in my estimation.

**** you asshole! Where do you get the balls to assume a relationship,
based on how someone looks in your opinion.

Based on that, I don't know that they
weren't working as a team, but I'd suggest they were not.

Jackass!

She didn't
address him by name.

When I got home, I placed a call to the store and requested top level
management, wanting to let them know that it had happened. The person
with
whom I spoke was grateful for the call, and didn't ask my name. He did
want
to know the register number and time, which I provided. I checked out
about
a minute later, so it was easy to provide both.

Why did I get involved, such as I did?

Well, first off, since I turned 18 and started working, I've worked for a
living. I was never unemployed, ever. I didn't make a lot of money,
for
I was a machinist. That job has never been high pay, never, not even
today, but it used to be steady employment, and I was gifted with the
ability to run machines well. From this you can deduct that I've
earned
my way in life, not stolen it. I've never drawn a dime of unemployment
pay.
Wouldn't even know how to go about asking for it.

So you were just **** jealous that someone got something for free, and you
were going to see to it, that he was going to pay for it, like you have
all your life.

One of the things I've tried to do in life when there was a question
about
my actions is to turn it around and become the recipient of the deed,
what
ever it may be. This one was a no-brainer. If I owned the store, I'd
want to know that this person would gladly steal from me, given the
opportunity.

You don't know that he stole. Like I said, he may have just
absentmindedly signed on the bottom line and walked out.

Maybe he didn't plan to have it happen, but he did nothing
to prevent it when he could have.

You don't know that.

Instead, he smartly walked out of the
store with his bag of items with a smile. He beat the system. He was
either the representative of a contractor, or the contractor himself. I
can't imagine that their bid didn't include money for needed materials,
so
they were selling items appropriated improperly to increase their likely
already inflated profits. That, of course, I can't know, but for sure
they
were selling something obtained by less than honorable methods.

You don't know that either.

What a pathetic post.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com