lionslair at consolidated dot net

Dan wrote:

When we find that promiscuous sex causes AIDS, we mustn't warn
people to wait for marriage and have just one partner.

Where did you hear that? Come on, out with it.

We come up with
stupid programs like condom distribution for teens and needle exchange
programs for drug addicts, and pretend that we can keep having sex with
whomever and not suffer anything.

Well, let's see if I have your point correct.

Greed is bad, greed is a sin, greed causes untold harm. But greed is a
human failing so we need to refrain from regulating greed because some
guy a while ago said 'greed, if managed, can have good effects on the
economy.'

Killing is bad, killing is a sin, killing is prohibited by the 10
Suggestions.
But we are supposed to believe a politician who says 'killing is a good
thing, and fun, if we do it to people not of our tribe, even if those people
are much like us and pose no real threat to us or our way of life.'

Therefore, we need to withhold all intelligent talk about sex and its
consequesnces so our vulnerable children are ignorant and susceptible to
peer pressure and are totally vulnerable to diseases we have no cure for
and pregnancy for which they will seek abortions.

Now I understand.

Hint: check out the abortion rates in areas of the country held under thrall
of the pseudochristian right and compare them with abortion rates in
areas of free thinking sinners...

I wouldn't get into an airplane that
has structural problems that might cause a very slight chance of
inflight breakup, but it's OK to use a condom that has a very slight
chance of failure? Both result in death, you know.

So you would rather jump off a cliff with a lead weight in your backpack?

Smat, very smart.

Free sex has become so sacrosanct and politically correct that
the common sense that applies to other safety issues doesn't apply to
it.

Sex has become such an emotional issue with a certain segment of the
population that no intelligent conversation is possible with these people.

I notice this segment is the one that claims to be "reasonable," as compared
with the "emotional" left...

Go figure.

Girls who have premarital sex feel used and dirty and worthless.

Or loved and appreciated when their parents treat them like furniture.

I guess you don't talk to short people much.

Guys looking for a wife want someone who hasn't been test-driven and
the girl wants someone who hasn't been in the habit of playing the
field; he might keep it up after she marries him.

A small portion of the universe might hold these values. Most young
people do not think so far ahead; certainly young people who have been
kept intentionally ignorant might rebel against what was "taught" them,
even if it is true, when they feel used and are angry.

These are facts

If by "facts" you mean what the dictionary says about "opinions," I
guess we can agree.

and
they're completely incompatible with what we're teaching kids about
"responsible sex." How stupid can we get for either spreading such
nonsense or swallowing it? Is the deeper issue just that we refuse to
be told that there are some things we should not do?

Pretty much the teenage mentality, yes, especially if they feel you have
been dishonest with them.

But honesty is not one of the traits expected from your kind, is it?

Dan

P.S. You are giving my name a bad reputation. Please think before you type.

--
"...a terrorist would have to be really stupid to attack George's office,
because the odds of George being there are so slim. "

Ben Tripp

Don't confuse murder and killing. They are not anything alike.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Grog

Dan wrote:

"Rex B" wrote in message ...
You know, I didn't catch the beginning of this thread, but the subject
line pretty much sums it up. The conservatives are at work, making the
country run so the whiners have the freedom to do so.

The principle of the TV is the vacuum tube. If you stick your head into a
vacuum tube, your brain gets sucked out...

So that's what happened to you.
Jan Nielsen

On Wed, 25 May 2005 00:45:40 GMT, "DeepDiver" wrote:

1. This study was based on a *survey* of only 3,854 people. Do you think the
opinions and behaviors of 3,854 people can accurately reflect a nation of
300 million people? That means that each person in your "study" is speaking
for roughly 78,000 people.

http://www.gallup.com/help/FAQs/poll1.asp

"If Gallup were to -- quite expensively -- use a sample of 4,000 randomly
selected adults each time it did its poll, the increase in accuracy over and
beyond a well-done sample of 1,000 would be minimal, and generally speaking,
would not justify the increase in cost."

--
- JN -

pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on
Wed, 25 May 2005 04:20:52 GMT in misc.survivalism :
On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:22:17 -0600, wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:17:34 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

snip
The whole point, besides being beyond your grasp, is that abstinence
DOES NOT WORK !

Get it yet?

Hal

Abstinence works perfectly! It's just not the adgenda of the...(follow the
money)

No, abstinence does NOT work, because people CAN'T DO IT !

Hal

sure they can. Only the weak, brainless or criminally stupid can't.

Funny, it works in Uganda. That might be a result of Government,
Church, Mosque and TV working to get the message of ABC out.

But I can see why Abstinence wouldn't work in the United States. After
all, WE are not going to let Those Religious Fanatics tell US how to live
our lives. And we're not about to let the Government tell us not to do
what feels good.

Fnord, there are days I feel like moving to Uganda to get away from the
amoral "civilized" world.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on
Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:07 GMT in misc.survivalism :

fundies have some of the highest divorce rates. explain that.

Adolescent conservatives are attracted to liberal girls?
Takes us a while to realize their liberal ways don't end with marriage.

But thank god they are easy.

On the other hand..they tend to be stupid, neurotic, drugged up or
drunk and frankly either a stone freak in bed or not all that good.

On the other hand..Conservative chicks are HOT!...and they not only
can..but want to **** your brains out and not whimper and whine about
their ex's, boy/girlfriends etc.

Odins blood, but Id love to spend the night in bed with Ann Colter.
That woman is hot...you can see it in her eyes..and being highly
intelligent and conservative are added bonus;s

Yeah.

But I've noticed this about conservative women, you want to bring your
self up to be worthy of her. With liberal gals, hey, whatever, no need to
change for the better.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich

In misc.survivalism Gunner wrote:

On the other hand..Conservative chicks are HOT!...and they not only
can..but want to **** your brains out and not whimper and whine about
their ex's, boy/girlfriends etc.

Conservative girls believe in Traditional Family Values, like no sex
without marriage.

I think that you are talking about those who profess Conservatism, but do
not practice it.

--
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup.
They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe.

--John Lennon
Ed Huntress

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

Odins blood, but Id love to spend the night in bed with Ann Colter.
That woman is hot...you can see it in her eyes..and being highly
intelligent and conservative are added bonus;s

Yeah.

You'll have to get in line. After delivering an editorial about the sexual
promiscuity of liberals, she told a reporter that she likes to sleep around.
"I'm single, so it's my business," she said.

Which is true, of course. Except that her editorial blasted liberals for
sleeping around, and said nothing about marriage.

With a woman like that, if she told you how much she enjoyed having sex with
you, you'd have to make sure she wasn't humming a tune and reading a
newspaper when she said it.

--
Ed Huntress

Rex B

Guido wrote:

Well the marriage rate is pretty close across all states but the divorce
rate is highest in the bible belt - or more particularly in the states
that voted for Bush.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/mar%26div.pdf

The liberal eastern states have a divorce rate on average half that of
the southern states.
http://www.divorcereform.org/rates.html

Sorry, you can't add 2 and 2 and get 7.
Most of the states are split very close to 50/50, with most being varied
shades of purple. There is nothing to correlate divorce rates with
political affiliation.

Ed Huntress

"Ignoramus11475" wrote in message
Let the record show that Gunner wrote back

on
Wed, 25 May 2005 04:26:07 GMT in misc.survivalism :

fundies have some of the highest divorce rates. explain that.

Adolescent conservatives are attracted to liberal girls?
Takes us a while to realize their liberal ways don't end with marriage.

But thank god they are easy.

On the other hand..they tend to be stupid, neurotic, drugged up or
drunk and frankly either a stone freak in bed or not all that good.

On the other hand..Conservative chicks are HOT!...and they not only
can..but want to **** your brains out and not whimper and whine about
their ex's, boy/girlfriends etc.

Odins blood, but Id love to spend the night in bed with Ann Colter.
That woman is hot...you can see it in her eyes..and being highly
intelligent and conservative are added bonus;s

I do not consider myself to be a liberal or conservative, and to some
extent agree with Chomsky or Tim May in that this conservative/liberal
division is largely a smokescreen to keep us busy with nonsense.

That said, my experience with ladies parallels what Gunner mentioned
above.

Too bad for both of you. I don't know about you, but when I think about the
kinds of liberal women who might sleep with Gunner, my heart goes out to the
poor, pathetic bottom-feeders. g

--
Ed Huntress

Cliff

On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:42:18 -0500, Rex B wrote:

Ignoramus19430 wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2005 20:15:35 GMT, ff wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I'll still stand by the fact that abstinence works perfectly but difficult
to achieve for the stupid. Why then at my 30th High School reunion there
were no out of wed babies or even divorces to any of my classmates...just
success stories, could it be that it is a Catholic HS??? Yet, I went to a
friend's public HS reunion and it was one tragic story after another,
consequences of bad, immoral decisions! Damn us fundies!!!

How many went to confession after telling their "success stories"

fundies have some of the highest divorce rates. explain that.

Adolescent conservatives are attracted to liberal girls?

The converse is not true.
And what winger wants a smart woman? So that's
false as well.

Takes us a while to realize their liberal ways don't end with marriage.

Which is unlikely to have happened anyway. See above.

Your problem is that, lacking birth control, you just raise more
little wingers (often living on welfare) while bemoaning your own
lack of education and the results (while raising cabbages).
--
Cliff
Bob Brock

Tom Gardner wrote:

I'll still stand by the fact that abstinence works perfectly but difficult
to achieve for the stupid. Why then at my 30th High School reunion there
were no out of wed babies or even divorces to any of my classmates...just
success stories, could it be that it is a Catholic HS??? Yet, I went to a
friend's public HS reunion and it was one tragic story after another,
consequences of bad, immoral decisions! Damn us fundies!!!

How many went to confession after telling their "success stories"

fundies have some of the highest divorce rates. explain that.

Adolescent conservatives are attracted to liberal girls?
Takes us a while to realize their liberal ways don't end with marriage.

But thank god they are easy.

More sound advice from the master of "self-control."
Cliff

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

Is the rumor of the sex change operation true?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

I never said sex education was wrong. I said that to teach them that
premarital sex was wrong. Big difference. Back when our society held
some taboos against such behavior we had far fewer problems.
When you buy a car it comes with a manual of do's and don't's.
When you buy a stereo it comes with a manual of do's and don'ts. When
you buy a drill it comes with a manual of do's and don't's. We are
supposed to read these things and avoid hurting ourselves or anyone
else. When we have a kid we forget all about some of the most important
do's and don't's and are appalled when he/she gets into trouble. My
point was that there are some serious consequences to fooling around
sexually and we just pretend that they don't present a threat, so there
is no reason to follow any manual.
I don't mean to sully your name, Dan, but why are you so
intolerant of my opinion?

Dan

Cliff

wrote:

"Ignoramus19430" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:25:14 GMT, DeepDiver wrote:
"Ignoramus19430" wrote in message

fundies have some of the highest divorce rates. explain that.

1. Your statement is based on what credible source? I sincerely doubt
that
divorce courts record the religious affiliations and devoutness of their
litigants, and any other measure would simply be an extrapolated (and
probably highly-manipulated) poll study.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/baptist_divorce.html

Ignoramus,

I had asked for a *credible* source of data.

Which you failed to look for yourself it seems.
Many other studies have shown the same thing.
Even comparing divorce rates between non-shrubbie
States and ones or bible-belt & non-belter States
shows it quite clearly as well.

Try research before flapping or you will sound
like a winger of fundie in the usual denial G.
http://www.foodnews.ch/about_us/50_c...es/ostrich.gif
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:24:48 -0700, "Dan"
wrote:

"*" wrote

The whole "Condoms prevents AIDS" thing is B.S.

Only if you believe the Bush administration and ignore all the science.

If I were to point out a woman to you, tell you that she, in fact, is HIV
positive, then give you a condom and tell you she wants to have sex with
you......would you?

No. If I were to hand you a revolver with 30 chambers armed, then told
you you could empty all but one chamber, it wouldn't be a good deal...

Most people don't even know that they have it til symptoms
start, doctors are seen and it's diagnosed.
This leaves an open window for the spread of the infection
that can last a decade or more. Not to mention child support
and paternity suits.

Catholics can just go see a priest ....
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:24:48 -0700, "Dan"
wrote:

How about we will make a law such that no
Republican or Libertarian who has ever voted Republican can ever have sex
ever again. Most problems should go away in less than 150 years!

Great solution. I like it.

Me too G.
--
Cliff

Robert Sturgeon

wrote:

"*" wrote

The whole "Condoms prevents AIDS" thing is B.S.

Only if you believe the Bush administration and ignore all the science.

If I were to point out a woman to you, tell you that she, in fact, is HIV
positive, then give you a condom and tell you she wants to have sex with
you......would you?

No. If I were to hand you a revolver with 30 chambers armed, then told
you you could empty all but one chamber, it wouldn't be a good deal...

I'd like to see THAT revolver!

(snips)

The ONLY sure-fire way to prevent the spread of HIV and pregnancy is
abstinence...followed by monagamy.

So, you are saying that no one should have sex, ever again. THERE'S
a working solution, all right!

Are you suggesting that monogamous couples don't have sex?

How about we will make a law such that no
Republican or Libertarian who has ever voted Republican can ever have sex
ever again.

I'm sure you'd like that. Heck, you'd probably like to
execute anyone who ever voted Republican or Libertarian.

Most problems should go away in less than 150 years!

Great solution. I like it.

No doubt.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.
Cliff

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:54:21 -0700, "Dan"
wrote:

When we find that promiscuous sex causes AIDS, we mustn't warn
people to wait for marriage and have just one partner.

Where did you hear that? Come on, out with it.

Well, it HAS become a very serious problem in retirement
communities & nursing homes.
Places like Florida .....
--
Cliff

B.B.

In article 01c56051$17fb74a0$a4a5c3d8@race,
"*" wrote:

[...]

The whole "Condoms prevents AIDS" thing is B.S.

If I were to point out a woman to you, tell you that she, in fact, is HIV
positive, then give you a condom and tell you she wants to have sex with
you......would you?

Yup! I think you would be stupid to have sex with her too......especially
with the facts in hand......

......yet "magical condoms" are being promoted as a way to have sex with
HIV-infected people.

The benefit of condoms is another falsehood spread by the liberals. They DO
work.....sometimes, but......

....what do you say to the random person for whom the condoms have
failed?????

The ONLY sure-fire way to prevent the spread of HIV and pregnancy is
abstinence...followed by monagamy.

Actually, every time I've seen anyone pushing condom use they
consistently refer to "lower risk." I haven't seen any actual people
(as opposed to anonymous "liberals" quoted by others) state that condoms
make you invulnerable.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
Cliff

On 25 May 2005 13:44:48 GMT, Ignoramus11475
wrote:

[...]

But he salivates over poor Monica .....
--
Cliff

In misc.survivalism wrote:
When we find that promiscuous sex causes AIDS, we mustn't warn
people to wait for marriage and have just one partner. We come up with
stupid programs like condom distribution for teens and needle exchange
programs for drug addicts, and pretend that we can keep having sex with
whomever and not suffer anything.

The reason we use such stupid programs is because abstinence-only
education is much stupider. HTH.

It reminds me of the saying that democracy is the worst system possible -
except for all the others.

I wouldn't get into an airplane that
has structural problems that might cause a very slight chance of
inflight breakup,

Moron. You do exactly that each and every time you fly. You live in a
dream world if you think otherwise.

but it's OK to use a condom that has a very slight
chance of failure? Both result in death, you know.
Free sex has become so sacrosanct and politically correct that
the common sense that applies to other safety issues doesn't apply to
it.

You are not exhibiting much sense if you think in such black and white
terms. You might as well refuse to drive. Ever. Given that you have "a
very slight chance of major accident". But you drive routinely, given the
cost/benefit calculation.

Same for everthing.

Girls who have premarital sex feel used and dirty and worthless.

Cite?

Guys looking for a wife want someone who hasn't been test-driven and
the girl wants someone who hasn't been in the habit of playing the
field; he might keep it up after she marries him. These are facts

Facts can be proven. Got any proof?

and
they're completely incompatible with what we're teaching kids about
"responsible sex." How stupid can we get for either spreading such
nonsense or swallowing it? Is the deeper issue just that we refuse to
be told that there are some things we should not do?

Black and white again. We are told LOTS of things that we should not do.
You are full of ****.

--
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup.
They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe.

--John Lennon
B.B.

In article ,
Bob Brock wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:30:19 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 24 May 2005 08:47:26 -0700, wrote:

* wrote:

The whole "Condoms prevents AIDS" thing is B.S.

This may be true but the point of the 60 Minutes story showed how 88%
of these kids that these seminars get to take an abstinence vow break
their vow. Combine that with the "condoms are useless" message and we
have a recipe for disaster.

Doesnt say much for our educational system, or the parents, who havent
taught their kids self control.

Gunner

Sound advice coming from a man who smokes and has a heart condition.

A man who talks about his wife in one post and his black girlfriend in
another.

A man who brags about all his guns and ammo, yet cannot afford
insurance or his hospital bills.

The list goes on, but the truth is that this is not a man who has the
room to talk about anyone else's lack of self-control.

Hypocrisy doesn't necessarily make one wrong. Gunner is right that
we aren't teaching kids self-control these days. But, of course, simply
passing laws that say "be moral!" or fussing at kids to act responsibly
won't work either.
It would be nice if we'd start electing actual role-models instead of
a bunch of ****ing politicians. Republicans and Democrats both suck.
The only difference is that right now the Republicans have all the power
so they're doing all the damage.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

Bob Brock

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:32:27 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

* wrote:

[...]

Attempting to blame actions on others as a justification for what one
did is something that I see a lot of. Let's blame the liberals...no
let's blame the conservatives...let's blame the rich, hell they don't
really need all that money anyway...let's blame the woman, she really
wanted the sex regardless..the list is almost infinite

As Flip Wilson once said, "The devil made me do it." The only person
gummer and others have to blame for their lack of character and morals
is themselves and they should receive full credit for those decisions.

What we do today determines where we will be tomorrow.
Gunner

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:32:27 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

* wrote:

The whole "Condoms prevents AIDS" thing is B.S.

This may be true but the point of the 60 Minutes story showed how 88%
of these kids that these seminars get to take an abstinence vow break
their vow. Combine that with the "condoms are useless" message and we
have a recipe for disaster.

Doesnt say much for our educational system, or the parents, who havent
taught their kids self control.

Gunner

Sound advice coming from a man who smokes and has a heart condition.

A heart condition not related to smoking btw. So you are saying that
you are a sex addict and cannot keep your peepee in your pants?

A man who talks about his wife in one post and his black girlfriend in
another.

The wife had a boyfriend long before I had a girl friend.

A man who brags about all his guns and ammo, yet cannot afford
insurance or his hospital bills.

All aquired long long before manufacturing (and my income) went into
the toilet.

The list goes on, but the truth is that this is not a man who has the
room to talk about anyone else's lack of self-control.

Care to engage in a self control contest? How about we start with the
G Gordon Liddy hand over an open flame test, followed by sliding a
sterile carpet needle through the palms of our hands? Or perhaps a
seductive gay guy for you and a seductive woman for me, to see which
one of us gets ****ed in the ass?

Hypocrisy doesn't necessarily make one wrong. Gunner is right that
we aren't teaching kids self-control these days. But, of course, simply
passing laws that say "be moral!" or fussing at kids to act responsibly
won't work either.
It would be nice if we'd start electing actual role-models instead of
a bunch of ****ing politicians. Republicans and Democrats both suck.
The only difference is that right now the Republicans have all the power
so they're doing all the damage.

The teachers are owned and operated by the Republicans? Hollywood and
MTV are owned and operated by the Republicans? Its the Republicans
that have claimed for 40+ years..."if it feels good, do it Man"?

Right. And Ive got some ocean front property just east of Tucson for
you...really really cheap. Cash only, small bills.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Bob Brock

On Thu, 26 May 2005 04:49:08 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:32:27 -0500, "B.B."
. ru wrote:

* wrote:

[...]

This will some day be known as gummer logic. Admit to not having any
self control, blame your lack of initiative and income on something
else, blame your open marriage on your wife's morals, and then throw
it out there, that one needs to act like a school child to show his
infinite mastery of self control.

Yet still, relatively normal people make excuses for him. Such is
life in this particular ng..
B.B.

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[...]

Hypocrisy doesn't necessarily make one wrong. Gunner is right that
we aren't teaching kids self-control these days. But, of course, simply
passing laws that say "be moral!" or fussing at kids to act responsibly
won't work either.
It would be nice if we'd start electing actual role-models instead of
a bunch of ****ing politicians. Republicans and Democrats both suck.
The only difference is that right now the Republicans have all the power
so they're doing all the damage.

The teachers are owned and operated by the Republicans? Hollywood and
MTV are owned and operated by the Republicans? Its the Republicans
that have claimed for 40+ years..."if it feels good, do it Man"?

Where I'm from, most teachers are Republicans. And an amusing
factoid floating around a whole back showed that the porn industry gave
more campaign money to the republicans than to the democrats the last
few election cycles.
So, take it how you will.
I was referring mostly to the increasing partisanship, the
intellectual laziness, the inability to think, religious bigotry, and
all the rest. Every election politicians leverage all that **** to
win--regardless of the damage caused.
Also, as people fall into poverty, things like morality go out of
style. Since the republicans have been 100% in charge more people have
fallen into poverty, regardless of excuses. And they're the same guys
who spend so much time playing lip-service to the "morality" crowd.
I suppose you could try to pretend that having control of the White
House, the Congress, the court system, and most state governments
doesn't give one group any sort of sway over the population, but I
figure somewhere among all that authority lies at least a smidgen of
responsibility for what happens on their watch.

Right. And Ive got some ocean front property just east of Tucson for
you...really really cheap. Cash only, small bills.

Well, I do hate my new job here, in Dallas. If it's cheap enough and
comes with at least a photo of the ocean I'm in. (:

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

Dan

"Robert Sturgeon"

No. If I were to hand you a revolver with 30 chambers armed, then told
you you could empty all but one chamber, it wouldn't be a good deal...

I'd like to see THAT revolver!

Hypothetical, for institutional use only...

The ONLY sure-fire way to prevent the spread of HIV and pregnancy is
abstinence...followed by monagamy.

So, you are saying that no one should have sex, ever again. THERE'S
a working solution, all right!

Are you suggesting that monogamous couples don't have sex?

No, I'm stating categorically there is no way to ensure your mate or
mate-to-be
or was-mate(s) is/are and/or was/were and/or will be monogamous...

How about we will make a law such that no
Republican or Libertarian who has ever voted Republican can ever have sex
ever again.

I'm sure you'd like that. Heck, you'd probably like to
execute anyone who ever voted Republican or Libertarian.

Nope, I'm not like the NeoCon proles. Thank Gaia.

Dan

--
"...a terrorist would have to be really stupid to attack George's office,
because the odds of George being there are so slim. "

Ben Tripp

Robert Sturgeon

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:05:29 -0700, "Dan"
wrote:

"Robert Sturgeon"

No. If I were to hand you a revolver with 30 chambers armed, then told
you you could empty all but one chamber, it wouldn't be a good deal...

I'd like to see THAT revolver!

Hypothetical, for institutional use only...

The ONLY sure-fire way to prevent the spread of HIV and pregnancy is
abstinence...followed by monagamy.

So, you are saying that no one should have sex, ever again. THERE'S
a working solution, all right!

Are you suggesting that monogamous couples don't have sex?

No, I'm stating categorically there is no way to ensure your mate or
mate-to-be
or was-mate(s) is/are and/or was/were and/or will be monogamous...

Nice spin. It doesn't work, but it's a hell of a try.

How about we will make a law such that no
Republican or Libertarian who has ever voted Republican can ever have sex
ever again.

I'm sure you'd like that. Heck, you'd probably like to
execute anyone who ever voted Republican or Libertarian.

Nope, I'm not like the NeoCon proles. Thank Gaia.

From what I've seen of your posts, you seem to be just like
some of them, thoroughly intolerant of dissenting opinions -
just working the other side of the street. On the other
hand, as weird as some of them are, I don't recall seeing
any of them admitting to the belief that the earth is a
living being, let alone a god. And I thought they were
supposed to hostile to the proles (short for
"proletarians"?). By labeling them "NeoCon proles," you
look to be hostile to the working people yourself. Some
"liberal" you are...

EskWI said:

Moron. You do exactly that each and every time you fly. You live in a
dream world if you think otherwise.

I'm a Commercial Pilot and an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
You have no clue what you are trying to refute. Aircraft accident stats
from the '90s show that small General Aviation aircraft had about 8
accidents per 100,000 flight hours, 1.7 of them fatal. Light commercial
aircraft had 4, one of them fatal. Airliners had 0.2 per 100,000 flight
hours, 0.03 of them fatal. 100,000 hours in your car at 60 mph is 6
million miles, and the chances of a fatal accident are at least 11
times greater than the airliner.
On the other hand, depending on what website we check, the
failure rate for condoms runs between about 2% to 10%. NOBODY would get
on an airplane that had a 10% chance of crashing on any given flight.
Yet we give kids condoms and tell them to go have fun, worrying less
that when we put them on the plane to see Grandma? Who's the moron
here?

Dan

*

B.B. u wrote in article
In article 01c56051$17fb74a0$a4a5c3d8@race,
"*" wrote:

[...]

Actually, every time I've seen anyone pushing condom use they
consistently refer to "lower risk." I haven't seen any actual people
(as opposed to anonymous "liberals" quoted by others) state that condoms
make you invulnerable.

That's funny......I thought the term "SAFE" sex was the term most commonly
applied to condom use, not "SAFER" sex...

The implication is that it is completely safe.......not marginally safer.