In misc.survivalism wrote:
When we find that promiscuous sex causes AIDS, we mustn't warn
people to wait for marriage and have just one partner. We come up with
stupid programs like condom distribution for teens and needle exchange
programs for drug addicts, and pretend that we can keep having sex with
whomever and not suffer anything.

The reason we use such stupid programs is because abstinence-only
education is much stupider. HTH.

It reminds me of the saying that democracy is the worst system possible -
except for all the others.

I wouldn't get into an airplane that
has structural problems that might cause a very slight chance of
inflight breakup,

Moron. You do exactly that each and every time you fly. You live in a
dream world if you think otherwise.

but it's OK to use a condom that has a very slight
chance of failure? Both result in death, you know.
Free sex has become so sacrosanct and politically correct that
the common sense that applies to other safety issues doesn't apply to
it.

You are not exhibiting much sense if you think in such black and white
terms. You might as well refuse to drive. Ever. Given that you have "a
very slight chance of major accident". But you drive routinely, given the
cost/benefit calculation.

Same for everthing.

Girls who have premarital sex feel used and dirty and worthless.

Cite?

Guys looking for a wife want someone who hasn't been test-driven and
the girl wants someone who hasn't been in the habit of playing the
field; he might keep it up after she marries him. These are facts

Facts can be proven. Got any proof?

and
they're completely incompatible with what we're teaching kids about
"responsible sex." How stupid can we get for either spreading such
nonsense or swallowing it? Is the deeper issue just that we refuse to
be told that there are some things we should not do?

Black and white again. We are told LOTS of things that we should not do.
You are full of ****.

--
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup.
They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe.

--John Lennon