MUADIB®

Mr. Cresswell..............Are you a particular Peter Cresswell that
once worked for Circuit City an various Localities?

The name is oddly familiar................Could this be the name that
used to show up at times in the Circuit City DFW area?

Just Curious.............I don;t remember much else about the
aforementioned person, 'cept he worked at a couple or three different
stores in Dallas Area, and somehere else before
that,............California I think.............Been years, ya
know...........more than Ten for me.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Tekkie

Fran posted for all of us....

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Noozer wrote:
"Fran" wrote in message

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

My prize ****off for yesterday was picking up my shirts at the
cleaner/laundry after having asked them to please replace a lost collar
button on one shirt when I left them off. I glanced at the shirt to

make
sure they'd done it and saw that the button they grabbed to sew on was
about 50% larger in diameter than the other one. When I pointed that

out
to the clerk she didn't seem to think it mattered, and said, "So what,
it works doesen't it?"

And you can't put on your own button???????????????

I regard that as being both lazy and deserving of being ****ed off.

Not everyone can sew.

I assume you can change sparkplugs, etc... and never pay anyone for any
services that you could do yourself? Must be nice to bake your own bread

and
weave your own carpets.

Saw this and just stepped in. Anybody can sew a button on.
May not want too, but it'll take a long time before my
wife does it for me. And no, I don't pay anyone for doing
stuff I can do, especially plumbing stuff that takes 15
minutes and cost a pittance compared to $100 for a plumber
and a week wait. Yeah and anybody can bake bread. All it
takes is a $35 bread making machine. Now weaving carpets?
Got some Navajo rugs, you know how long it takes to weave
a rug?

Yes!

Pleased to meet you George. It's simply delightful to know that there are
still some people around who haven't atrophied into a blob of do
nothingness!

Get a room & stay on topic
--
Tekkie
Tekkie

Fran posted for all of us....

"enigma" wrote in message

and, yes, as a matter of fact, i *can*
bake bread (another project my 4 year old can do)

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread? I do and find it makes
a real difference to the quality of the bread (does rise as quickly or as
high if I don't use it). I have been told that this is just Vitamin C
powder but still don't know if that is right. Would you (or the 4 year old)
have any idea about this?

Stay on topic
--
Tekkie
Tekkie

Doug Kanter posted for all of us....

"Fran" wrote in message
"enigma" wrote in message

and, yes, as a matter of fact, i *can*
bake bread (another project my 4 year old can do)

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread? I do and find it

makes
a real difference to the quality of the bread (does rise as quickly or as
high if I don't use it). I have been told that this is just Vitamin C
powder but still don't know if that is right. Would you (or the 4 year

old)
have any idea about this?

How odd. You make your own bread, and add something to it, the ingredients
of which are unknown to you? Isn't that a bit odd?

--
Tekkie
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tekkie" wrote in message

Get a room & stay on topic

And snip irrelevant material.

Fran

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK, then. :-) I mentioned it only because there are still people who dump
Accent into their food, and have no idea about the history of that
particular additive.

I don't ever recall seeing that product in the supermarkets. What is/was
it?

Fran

"Tekkie" wrote in message

Fran posted for all of us....

"enigma" wrote in message

and, yes, as a matter of fact, i *can*
bake bread (another project my 4 year old can do)

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread? I do and find it

makes
a real difference to the quality of the bread (does rise as quickly or

as
high if I don't use it). I have been told that this is just Vitamin C
powder but still don't know if that is right. Would you (or the 4 year

old)
have any idea about this?

Stay on topic

Try thinking about what IS on topic.

Rural people bake bread. God knows what alt home people do, but presumably
they could also bake bread in their homes.

Fran

"Fran" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK, then. :-) I mentioned it only because there are still people who

dump
Accent into their food, and have no idea about the history of that
particular additive.

I don't ever recall seeing that product in the supermarkets. What is/was
it?

I see from subsequent posts that it was/is MSG. With you now.

Phisherman

Here's the correct (strange) spelling, although there are two ways to
spell it...

Qigong

I recommend the following book:

"The Way of Qigong" by Kenneth S. Cohen (ISBN 0-345-42109-4)

I taught Qigong at my church for a year, it is all slow movements and
much easier than Tai Chi. There are thousands of exercises, depending
on what you want to treat. I now rarely use drugs, although I don't
rule them out either. Water(!) has cured my low blood pressure.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:39:30 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

Google did not help with QuChong back exercises. Can you
elaborate?

Doug Kanter

"Fran" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

OK, then. :-) I mentioned it only because there are still people who

dump
Accent into their food, and have no idea about the history of that
particular additive.

I don't ever recall seeing that product in the supermarkets. What is/was
it?

It's MSG. Rarely advertised, but used to be pitched aggressively. If you put
a bit on your tongue, you'll find it makes you salivate. It enhances the
flavor of food. It's also blamed for a list of symptoms, most of which I
don't remember because the controversy over the stuff occurred years ago.
Some of its effects were proven, some not. This is why many Asian
restaurants make a point of posting signs saying "No MSG used here".

Any cook who needs that sort of thing is a hack, and should be added to the
soup.

enigma

Tekkie wrote in
t:

Fran posted for all of us....

"enigma" wrote in message

and, yes, as a matter of fact, i *can*
bake bread (another project my 4 year old can do)

Do you add bread improver when you bake your bread?

Stay on topic

being as how this group is MISC.rural, we are on topic.
breadmaking is also a rural pursuit.
who died & made you newsgroup nanny anyway? and shouldn't the
nanny know how to snip quotes?
lee

obviously not too tekkie if you don't understand usenet
protocol
enigma

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
news
It's MSG. Rarely advertised, but used to be pitched
aggressively. If you put a bit on your tongue, you'll find
it makes you salivate. It enhances the flavor of food. It's
also blamed for a list of symptoms, most of which I don't
remember because the controversy over the stuff occurred
years ago. Some of its effects were proven, some not. This
is why many Asian restaurants make a point of posting signs
saying "No MSG used here".

violent headaches in susceptable people. it's a hereditary
hypersensitivity. my older brother has it, i don't (but i'm
the only one in the family hypersensitive to artificial
sweeteners).
i think a few people reported heart palpitations, but that's
one of the unproved claims.
lee
Doug Kanter

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
news
It's MSG. Rarely advertised, but used to be pitched
aggressively. If you put a bit on your tongue, you'll find
it makes you salivate. It enhances the flavor of food. It's
also blamed for a list of symptoms, most of which I don't
remember because the controversy over the stuff occurred
years ago. Some of its effects were proven, some not. This
is why many Asian restaurants make a point of posting signs
saying "No MSG used here".

violent headaches in susceptable people. it's a hereditary
hypersensitivity. my older brother has it, i don't (but i'm
the only one in the family hypersensitive to artificial
sweeteners).
i think a few people reported heart palpitations, but that's
one of the unproved claims.
lee

The heart palpitations sound right. I once ate an obscene amount of Kentucky
Fried Chicken after not eating all day. At the time (and maybe even now),
the stuff was loaded with MSG. I had heart palpitations that were alarming.
I was young (25) and stupid - did nothing about the situation. Now, I'd call
an ambulance.

Dave Balderstone

In article , enigma
wrote:

being as how this group is MISC.rural, we are on topic. \

Then stop cross-posting to alt.home.repair, where you most certainly
are OFF topic.

Followup set to misc.rural, so I (hoepfully) won't see any replies to
this post.