Old June 16th 21, 12:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

Wolffan wrote
Max Demian wrote
Wolffan wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these
days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you haven’t encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the
side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

I suspect that you’d be correct.

I also suspect that it would make zero difference.

Why are you one of the usual suspects ?

Old June 16th 21, 03:12 AM posted to uk.d-i-y, alt.home.repair, alt.computer.workshop

On 2021 Jun 15, Rod Speed wrote
(in article ):

Wolffan wrote
Max Demian wrote
Wolffan wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these
days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you haven’t encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the
side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

I suspect that you’d be correct.

I also suspect that it would make zero difference.

Why are you one of the usual suspects ?

Are you Keyser Söze?

Old June 16th 21, 03:58 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Deoderant advertises suicide?

On 06/15/2021 09:12 AM, Sam E wrote:
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill
instantly". Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that
method now you've told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker
saying don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running.
Maybe somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

https://www.raleighortho.com/blog/ur...ower-injuries/

Chuckie Schumer's 'retarded children' grow up to mow lawns and vote
Democratic.
Old June 16th 21, 04:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/15/2021 09:20 AM, notX wrote:
On 6/15/21 9:24 AM, Wolffan wrote:

[snip]

Obviously you haven’t encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the side.
(The same packets had a ‘Cholesterol-free’ label on them. Cholesterol is
an animal fat...)

Sometimes I've wondered how many people buy peanuts, with the
expectation there will be no nuts.

https://allergyfyi.org/peanut-and-tree-nut-allergies/

A person could have a tree nut allergy and not a peanut allergy.

I recently read where the frequency of peanut allergies is increasing.
The article concluded that mothers don't let kids eat peanuts for fear
they might be allergic which means the kid don't have an early exposure
and become desensitized.

Other sites blame it on the glyphosates and other herbicides/pesticides
used in modern peanut farming.

It's sad to think of a generation that can be killed by a pb&j sandwich.

Old June 16th 21, 04:26 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/15/2021 04:07 PM, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/06/2021 15:24, Wolffan wrote:
On 2021 Jun15, Rod Speed wrote
(in article ):
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you haven’t encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the side.

I expect a botanist would say that peanuts aren't nuts, and Brazil nuts
are seeds.

As are cashews with the added bonus of being packaged in a shell
containing anacardic acid. That's a form of urushiol, the magic
ingredient of poison ivy.

I assume in the early history of South America tribal members that could
shell cashews without coming down with contact dermatitis were very popular.

Old June 16th 21, 05:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 05:40:45 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

You have never seen a US gas pump then I guess.

Guess again.

This is the typical label along with a big "No Smoking" sign.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/3186/3369/products/U-MD-598-2_335x500_1a11f31f-c076-4331-be60-7f2bd7ecedb7_475x500.jpg?v=1565120849

That’s not typical.

Yes it is. You are just ignorant of things you speak of

In a lot of places there is a warning stuffed in your
water bill warning about things in the water.

But none on the taps. Kids never see the water bill.

And none in my water bill.

You live in another country. Don't talk about **** you don't know.

Roads are full of warning signs.

But none that say you might get run over or be involved in an accident.

So are rivers and ponds

They don’t all have signs saying you might drown.

Try again.

They have signs warning of swift currents, pollution and alligators.
Old June 16th 21, 05:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:36:59 -0400, Ralph Mowery

says...

Stupid people have done enough dumb stuff to get the government to
make lawn mowers almost unusable. If you try to back up my Troy Bilt
rider with the blades going the motor stops. That is just one of the
nagging things they have done.

Most home riding mowers have been that way for many years. The JD I
bought about 15 years ago had it with a push button to bypass that. I
bypassed that switch the next mower I bought had a position on the
start/stop key that would bypass that, and a JD I just bought had the
push button again. Bypassed that one too.

I unplugged the reverse position switch. You can't cut my yard without
backing up. Too many dead end places.