Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

Dean Hoffman wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you dont with the obvious stuff.

You might be surprised.

Nope, I havent seen a warning sticker on a single tap that
anyone in his soggy little frigid island has posted a picture of
warning that you can overdose on tap water and kill yourself.

I was looking at one of those windshield sun shades
people put in their vehicles. The package says to
remove the shade before driving.

Sure, but thats not EVERYTHING.

And none of the rope I have bought has ever had a
warning label telling you to keep it out of the reach
of depressed people because they can hang themselves.

However, if you try to kill yourself with it and this fails,
can you take makers to court for false advertising?

Nope, because it isnt advertising.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now
you've told me about it....