Old June 15th 21, 06:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

Wolffan wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Obviously you haven’t encountered the packets of peanuts (and peanut
butter!) which have the warning that they 'may contain nuts' on the side.
(The same packets had a ‘Cholesterol-free’ label on them. Cholesterol is
an animal fat...)

That’s not everything. Mate of mine has just moved into a new house
that he has had a builder build for him. None of the taps have a
warning that you can drown in the water from the tap and none
of the cupboard doors have warnings on them that you can hurt
yourself if you arent careful with them. Same with the front door,
no warning that you can lock yourself out either. And the fence
doesn’t have any warning that you can hurt yourself climbing over it.

However, if you try to kill yourself with it and this fails,
can you take makers to court for false advertising?

Nope, because it isnt advertising.

that won’t stop the lawsuits...

Brian is in Britain, they arent that stupid there.
The commander is in Scotland.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now
you've told me about it....

Old June 15th 21, 07:18 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Have you ever used used a ladder?

Impossible not to when you build a house on bare block of land,
have an row of trees close to the house on the south side of the
house in the southern hemisphere with some of them more than
100' high now. In fact I have 5 of them, two extension ladders,
two 8' step ladders, one small step ladder I use for stacking up
the milk crates full of full sized glass beer bottles we call long necks.

Not one of them has any warning at all.

Old June 15th 21, 07:31 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Then explain why my lemonade bottle says to cover cap with hand due to dangerous high pressure container? It's not a ****ing scuba tank ffs.
Old June 15th 21, 07:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:38:49 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:11:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days..

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace that doesn't
have some kind of warning. Worst case is probably a ladder.

I was asked to go on a "ladder training course" at work. I just laughed and refused. When said safety officer saw me using a 3 part extended one many many feet up in the air, she covered her eyes and said "I didn't see that". I believe she used a swearword the time she found me not using a ladder because someone had borrowed it. I made a pyramid of 9, 4, 1 square desks to reach a high ceiling. It was actually quite stable and safer than a ladder. Jumping off the top caused a woman to scream.
Old June 15th 21, 07:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:48:50 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

Tap water doesn’t.

Does if it's polluted.

Neither do donuts.

Is fat a type of cancer? It's a huge growth....

If they're donuts in America and not doughnuts, do they make them with do?

Old June 15th 21, 07:37 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:18:05 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Have you ever used used a ladder?

Impossible not to when you build a house on bare block of land,
have an row of trees close to the house on the south side of the
house in the southern hemisphere with some of them more than
100' high now. In fact I have 5 of them, two extension ladders,
two 8' step ladders, one small step ladder I use for stacking up
the milk crates full of full sized glass beer bottles we call long necks.

Not one of them has any warning at all.

In the UK they have a huge (usually about 7 inches square) red sticker under the top platform, listing 10 different things you can do wrong.
Old June 15th 21, 07:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 03:48:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

Thats bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

Tap water doesnt. Neither do donuts.

You are one clinically insane auto-contradicting senile pest indeed, senile
sociopath! BG

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp about senile cretin Rodent Speed:
"Thick pillock!"
Old June 15th 21, 07:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 03:57:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:

Old June 15th 21, 07:51 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 04:18:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Old June 15th 21, 07:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Then explain why my lemonade bottle says to cover cap with hand due to
dangerous high pressure container?

Even you should have noticed that that isnt everything.

It's not a ****ing scuba tank ffs.

Your hand doesn’t work with those.