Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Sat, 22 May 2021 11:38:27 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/22/2021 10:19 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

With CA forcing people into EVs they have to support them. Same as gas
stations grew over the past 100 years.

CA has pretty much tapped out their hydro potential. They import power
from the PNW but the Seattle granola heads will need to plug their
Teslas in too.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ar-power-plant

Diablo is going off line and I doubt they will ever allow another
nuclear plant to be built in the state.

Solar is producing about 20% of their requirements so they'd better pave
the Mojave with panels. The residential mandate will drive up the cost
of their already unaffordable housing.

Wind power generation is currently less than 10%.

The only reason CA can do that much is they're using the rest of the
SW to stabilize the grid. Much about 10-15% and the grid will be
unstable.

I've got an idea. Bicycles, lots and lots of bicycles.

It's going to take a *LOT* of them to generate that kind of power.

BTW, TANSTAAFL. You have to feed people too, and that's rather
inefficient.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But you dont get tree branch loaded with ice in the summer very
often at all for some reason. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

We never get ice but a 130 MPH wind can bring
down a lot of limbs, flinging them quite a ways
and a gust of 150 can bring down some old poles.

Yeah, same here and not just old poles either. We lost one of
the ****ing great concrete poles in the last megastorm which
took out lots of trees that had been there for decades.

Didnt take a week to get power back, just a few hours.

Did take days to get the power back in South Australia
when another took out the big transmission line to
Victoria. Those stupid buggers have lots of wind
generation and a black start is very hard to do when
you have no traditional power generation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The California Air Resources Board just passed a rule requiring EVs
account for 90% of ride sharing miles by 2030.
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2021/05/california-just-passed-a-new-environmental-mandate-that-could-ruin-uber/
So much for the lower income people picking up a few extra dollars with their existing buggys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it. Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard. Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on at
Dizzy World.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2021 05:57 PM, Joey wrote:
Only nukes and no need for them to be in the backyard.

Unless greatly improved transmission lines are included in the mix they
better be someplace close to the backyard. iirc at least on the east
coast all nuclear plants were within 75 miles of the metropolitan center
they primarily served.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2021 10:30 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it.Â* Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard.Â* Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on at
Dizzy World.

There was to be two plants but I don't think they are started. Some
local politicians objected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote
Joey wrote

Only nukes and no need for them to be in the backyard.

Unless greatly improved transmission lines are included in
the mix they better be someplace close to the backyard.

No need, the losses in the state arent that great.

iirc at least on the east coast all nuclear plants were within
75 miles of the metropolitan center they primarily served.

Not because of losses, and 75 miles isnt the backyard anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

California wants to put ridesharing (all gig jobs) out of business.
This is just another means to that end. A range of a few hundred
miles per day puts a real crimp in a driver's income.

So much for the lower income people picking up a few extra dollars with their existing buggys.

What do Democrats car about lower income people?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:20:25 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But you dont get tree branch loaded with ice in the summer very
often at all for some reason. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

We never get ice but a 130 MPH wind can bring
down a lot of limbs, flinging them quite a ways
and a gust of 150 can bring down some old poles.

Yeah, same here and not just old poles either. We lost one of
the ****ing great concrete poles in the last megastorm which
took out lots of trees that had been there for decades.

Didnt take a week to get power back, just a few hours.

Did take days to get the power back in South Australia
when another took out the big transmission line to
Victoria. Those stupid buggers have lots of wind
generation and a black start is very hard to do when
you have no traditional power generation.

It doesn't take long to get the power back if you just have one big
problem but if you have 5000 small problems it takes a while when one
of them is on your street. It was 9 days for us after Irma.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2021 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2021 10:30 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it. Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard. Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on
at Dizzy World.

There was to be two plants but I don't think they are started. Some
local politicians objected.

Color me surprised.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-u-s-approval

The Martha's Vineyard crew must have really ****ed in Biden's Wheaties.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/2021 09:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They are working on it. Last trip up I95 I saw lots of charging stations.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...nfrastructure/

I've only seen one in my travels at the Casey Jones Museum in Jackson, TN.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 23:19:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/22/2021 8:28 PM, wrote:

To go see my BIL was over a 200 mile trip. How would I handle that?

Oh well, the wife is calling dinner so I'll shut up & see ya next time.

Wow, can you come up with more negativity?
To see your brother at 200 miles is not a problem and you can charge you
car when you get there.

From the Verge article
"a 120-volt outlet will trickle 3 miles per hour into the battery",

OK so that's great if you and your BIL can stand each other for 3 days
(67 hours) and you don't need your car when you are there.

They are working on it. Last trip up I95 I saw lots of charging stations.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...nfrastructure/

China seems to be serious about expanding their EV charging network. They
reportedly installed 112,000 stations in December, which is more than the
US has in total. That's an average of nearly 4000 a day.

https://thedriven.io/2021/04/20/china-dominates-rollout-of-ev-charging-stations-4000-a-day-in-december/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes it does when the massive great transmission towers come down.
They are a bit large to put on the back of even a massive great loader.
https://reneweconomy.com.au/wp-conte...6842014699.jpg

but if you have 5000 small problems

They didnt.

it takes a while when one of them is on your
street. It was 9 days for us after Irma.

The problem with south australia was doing a black start with
no conventional generation to synch too frequency wise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:36:18 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Unless greatly improved transmission lines are included in the mix they
better be someplace close to the backyard. iirc at least on the east
coast all nuclear plants were within 75 miles of the metropolitan center
they primarily served.

....and the senile bull****ting continues...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Sun, 23 May 2021 13:31:43 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH more senile troll****

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:30:12 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on at
Dizzy World.

You REALLY REALLY love to endlessly juggle with words, eh, senile
blabbermouth? LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 22:52:39 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Color me surprised.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-u-s-approval

The Martha's Vineyard crew must have really ****ed in Biden's Wheaties.

Your mouth really has a life of its own, eh, lowbrowwoman? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 15:16:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 09:58:41 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

You won't have to but your grandkids may. Another option, not yet
feasible is solar and batteries. Maybe in 20 or 50 years it will work.

Nukes work right now and much better than solar and batteries can ever do.

You sick "all-knowing" swine know already how "solar and batteries" will do
in 20 to 50 years? Why am I not surprised! BG

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:20:06 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

**** all of the country gets their electricity from operations that do
that.

Pumped storage doesn't work well in Iowa... They're big into wind farms
but I don't if they have any way to handle surplus power other than
selling it to Wisconsin.

See, but you can continue to babble about it anyway, senile blabbermouth!
You senile assholes here just keep babbling for babbling's sake! It IS a
senile thing! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:25:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I was thinking

Nope, you were just letting your gob blather away again. It seems to be the
only joy left for you in your senile existence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2021 12:52 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2021 10:30 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it.Â* Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard.Â* Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on
at Dizzy World.

There was to be two plants but I don't think they are started.Â* Some
local politicians objected.

Color me surprised.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-u-s-approval

The Martha's Vineyard crew must have really ****ed in Biden's Wheaties.

Can't see it from Kennedy's house so I guess it is OK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

All of the important Kennedys are dead. They are left with the drunks,
druggies and general losers. Kerry has dropped to the D list and they
don't have anyone else in DC to speak for them.
Mrs Beasley (Warren) surely isn't going to fight a green project.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 10:17:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/23/2021 12:52 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2021 10:30 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the infrastructure to
support it.Â* Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard.Â* Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on
at Dizzy World.

There was to be two plants but I don't think they are started.Â* Some
local politicians objected.

Color me surprised.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-u-s-approval

The Martha's Vineyard crew must have really ****ed in Biden's Wheaties.

Can't see it from Kennedy's house so I guess it is OK.

The Kennedys are pretty insignificant now that Teddy is dead. He and
RFK jr were the driving force behind stopping Cape Wind and old Bob
has fallen into the kook category.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2021 08:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/23/2021 12:52 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 09:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2021 10:30 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/22/2021 03:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Like it or not, they are coming and we don't have the
infrastructure to
support it. Sorry folks, but you will have nukes and windmills in the
backyard. Or it will be very dark riding your bike to the store.

Did the Turkey Point expansion ever happen? Gotta keep the lights on
at Dizzy World.

There was to be two plants but I don't think they are started. Some
local politicians objected.

Color me surprised.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-u-s-approval

The Martha's Vineyard crew must have really ****ed in Biden's Wheaties.

Can't see it from Kennedy's house so I guess it is OK.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...47541604359376

Kennedy has a dog in the fight but that doesn't mean his economic
observations aren't true.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2020...-rebury-cable/

There were economic concerns when the Block Island project was proposed
but the Rhode Island government rewrote the book in its favor. National
Grid screwed the pooch when burying the cable and the redo will not be
cheap. The question is if they can pass the cost onto the ratepayers.

Seabrook Station in New Hampshire was the end of Public Service of New
Hampshire. There were many protests but the killer was CWIP.
(Construction Works In Progress). The state court ruled that you can't
jack utility rates to finance something you're building and hasn't come
online.

Vineyard Wind will have 84 Haliade-X turbines that are 853 feet high
with 350' long blades.

https://www.ge.com/renewableenergy/w...fshore-turbine

Of course they'll be lit up like a Christmas tree at night. They'll be a
unique navigational aid. Years ago I sailed up the coast of Maine past
the Cutler VLF station. You definitely knew where you were when you saw
the antenna array. No hiding that puppy. You could also hear the
generator a couple of miles offshore.

http://navy-radio.com/commsta/cutler.htm

Note that Vinyard Wind is not Cape Wind, the one that was opposed by Fat
Teddy, Mittens Romney, Kerry, and the Kochs. That one petered out when
National Grid and Northeast Energy canceled their contracts when the
project didn't meet the milestones.

We'll see how this one goes and how much government subsidization is
needed to keep this one alive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:24:12 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

[...]

That was a lot of off topic senile **** you posted there again, eh, senile
blabbermouth?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2021 1:24 PM, rbowman wrote:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...47541604359376

Kennedy has a dog in the fight but that doesn't mean his economic
observations aren't true.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2020...-rebury-cable/

There were economic concerns when the Block Island project was proposed
but the Rhode Island government rewrote the book in its favor. National
Grid screwed the pooch when burying the cable and the redo will not be
cheap. The question is if they can pass the cost onto the ratepayers.

Of course they will. You juggle the paperwork but one way or another,
where else is the money coming from?

Seabrook Station in New Hampshire was the end of Public Service of New
Hampshire. There were many protests but the killer was CWIP.
(Construction Works In Progress).Â* The state court ruled that you can't
jack utility rates to finance something you're building and hasn't come
online.

Sure, on paper. The end result is the users will pay, if not now,
later. Income must equal or exceed outgo.

We'll see how this one goes and how much government subsidization is
needed to keep this one alive.

That is the only way the cost escapes the rate payer. Oh, rate payers
are tax payers too. OK, just shuffle the paperwork. Keep a tube of KY
handy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/23/2021 12:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
That is the only way the cost escapes the rate payer. Oh, rate payers
are tax payers too. OK, just shuffle the paperwork. Keep a tube of KY
handy.

Precisely. Out of control government drones mandate, we pay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 16:30:55 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Precisely. Out of control government drones mandate, we pay.

NO! YOU only blather ...endlessly, boringly, ridiculously, senilely!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 03:11:32 +1000, "Joey" wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/21/2021 10:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2021 21:45:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/21/2021 7:53 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

No the grid is not up to it. Will it ever be if not pushed into it?
CA can't even keep the lights on at night

So it makes no sense at all to be charging lots of EVs at night.

Wow. Just wow.

He has a point. There is no solar at night and less wind. Having
everyone charging at the same time isn't a good idea either. If we
replace ICEs with electrics we'll need a lot more generating capacity.
Everyone doing it at the same time will make things even worse.

No simple answer

Yes there is, nukes.

but we need more non fossil fueled power plants.

And they should be nukes, not stupid wind farms
which don’t provide reliable power and **** the
environment and not solar farms which only
produce enough electricity for a part of the day.

Once demand is there,

It already is, almost everyone heats their
house in winter and most cool it in summer.

supply can and will be built. The worst thing to do is nothing.

No one who matters is suggesting doing nothing.

With CA forcing people into EVs they have to support them.

Bet they don’t and the whole thing ends
up a complete shambles like it is now.
Because they are doing the wrong thing.

Same as gas stations grew over the past 100 years.

Nothing like that in fact. That was never done centrally.

NUKES are NOT the ANSWER They are just the start of the question.
Where are you going to put the nukes????
Nobody will allow them to be be built within a thousand miles of them.
Even the extremely "safe" and reliable CANDU systems.

Australia has NO nukes.
64% of their power is from COAL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/21/2021 7:53 PM, Joey wrote:

[...]

Bull****.

They are just the start of the question.

More bull****.

Where are you going to put the nukes????

Anywhere you like.

Nobody will allow them to be be built
within a thousand miles of them.

How odd that they did. With France and Japan and
India in spades. Britain too and countless others.

Even the extremely "safe" and reliable CANDU systems.

Australia has NO nukes.

Wrong again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_F...ralian_Reactor
Right in the middle of the biggest city too.

64% of their power is from COAL

Because we arent actually stupid enough shut most of
them down. One we were stupid enough to sell to stupid
foreigners has been and another we were stupid enough
to sell to an operation with lots of gas is proposing to but
likely the govt will tell them that they cant do that.

And what Oz has is irrelevant to whether nukes
make a lot more sense than stupid EVs anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:24:12 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

[...]

I just think it is a dumb idea thought up by someone who was never a
sailor. It has nothing to do with the view.
You can't put expensive technology in salt water and expect it to last
long without constant maintenance. That is why they don't store moth
balled planes on an island. They park them in the desert.
That is where the wind farms should be too.
Then they just need to deal with sand, a whole different kettle of
stinky fish.
(or peanuts for those who remember Desert One) ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 11:15:40 +1000, "Joey" wrote:

Australia has NO nukes.

Wrong again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_F...ralian_Reactor
Right in the middle of the biggest city too.

That is not a production reactor doing much useful for anyone except
nuclear scientists.
That is a small research reactor.
Sort of an HO gauge working model of a real reactor that the grad
students can play with..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 11:28:57 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Australia has NO nukes.

Wrong again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_F...ralian_Reactor
Right in the middle of the biggest city too.

Funny how "Rod" and "Joey" posted exactly the same text.
It looks like a classic case of dissociative identity disorder.
I wonder if "Joey" is a girl?

Ford car stereo F87F-18C815-BB drains car battery. David Farber Electronics Repair 18 March 21st 13 12:22 AM
Four Tips When Choosing New Ford Truck Seat Covers.(ford truckaccessory) [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 29th 08 04:12 AM
Sorta off topic: F150 running boards Koz Metalworking 8 April 19th 05 05:24 PM
Lightning conductors DKSanders UK diy 27 October 29th 03 01:26 AM
Lightning strike to JVC AV-36260 John Del Electronics Repair 2 July 10th 03 05:50 PM