Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:20:25 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But you dont get tree branch loaded with ice in the summer very
often at all for some reason. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

We never get ice but a 130 MPH wind can bring
down a lot of limbs, flinging them quite a ways
and a gust of 150 can bring down some old poles.

Yeah, same here and not just old poles either. We lost one of
the ****ing great concrete poles in the last megastorm which
took out lots of trees that had been there for decades.

Didnt take a week to get power back, just a few hours.

Did take days to get the power back in South Australia
when another took out the big transmission line to
Victoria. Those stupid buggers have lots of wind
generation and a black start is very hard to do when
you have no traditional power generation.

It doesn't take long to get the power back if you just have one big
problem but if you have 5000 small problems it takes a while when one
of them is on your street. It was 9 days for us after Irma.