Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is literally the end of human liberty in the West if this plan unfolds

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:31:39 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

If there's another insurrection, I hope the response is different. If
they're going to allow everyone to just disperse afterwards, there needs to
be a way to find them again for prosecution purposes. Maybe take a lock of
hair or chop off a finger. If there's another bald shaman with a horned
wig, that's when you take a finger.

Another "red flag" post threating violence.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:28:22 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 21:45:12 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:57:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

Like I said before, I wish the police had killed a few on Jan 6. I
suppose they weren't there when they were spraying poison into the cop's

Funny that it is not poison when the cops sprayed it at the protestors
tho.

"Bear Spray" is pepper spray, just like the cops use if the cops are
not using CS gas. (the stuff ATF/FBI used at Waco)

Where do you come up with the BS you regularly share around here? It can't
be TV and you haven't provided evidence of being able to use the Internet,
so I assume you're hopping into the golf cart and meeting up with the other
seniors in your village and chewing the fat, completely fact free?

Bear spray is definitely not pepper spray, and cops don't use bear spray.
Now you know and you can pretend you knew all along when you next see the
golf cart gang. This is your chance to amaze them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+b...s+pepper+spray

I always love it when your cite proves you wrong.
The first hit if you actually opened and read it instead of just
taking the first google extract you saw.

https://johnaugust.com/2019/bear-spr...n-pepper-spray

Although pepper spray and bear spray contain the same active
chemical, they are not the same thing. Bear spray has a much lower
concentration of oleoresin capsicum, and should only be used as a bear
deterrent.

Pepper spray is a self defense weapon intended to incapacitate
human threats, and it is very effective at doing this due to its
higher concentration of oleoresin capsicum. If you are serious about
self defense, go purchase some pepper spray. If you are a hiker or
camper in bear country, buy some bear spray.

**********************

So the bear spray is not as bad as the stuff the cops were shooting
back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 03:13:39 -0400, micky
wrote:

wrote:

Like I said before, I wish the police had killed a few on Jan 6. I
suppose they weren't there when they were spraying poison into the cop's

Funny that it is not poison when the cops sprayed it at the protestors
tho.

I can't keep track of what it was and poison might not be fair but it
was the word that came to mind. There is a major difference betwen cops
spraying it at violent protestors and violent protestors spraying it in
the face of cops, don't you think?

"Bear Spray" is pepper spray, just like the cops use if the cops are
not using CS gas. (the stuff ATF/FBI used at Waco)

Where do you come up with the BS you regularly share around here? It can't
be TV and you haven't provided evidence of being able to use the Internet,
so I assume you're hopping into the golf cart and meeting up with the other
seniors in your village and chewing the fat, completely fact free?

Bear spray is definitely not pepper spray, and cops don't use bear spray.
Now you know and you can pretend you knew all along when you next see the
golf cart gang. This is your chance to amaze them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+b...s+pepper+spray

Thanks for making that clear.

All that is clear is Joyce is too lazy or intellectually inadequate to
even read his cites.

https://johnaugust.com/2019/bear-spr...n-pepper-spray
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/31/2021 02:37 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 21:51:04 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

And btw, I'm not want of those who think of DC or the Capitol as a holy
place, or the embodiment of either democracy or liberty. I think it's
important, but not the extent some describe it. However because so many
others think of it that way, attacking the Capitol probably is the
embodiment of attacking democracy, liberty. and a duly eleected
government. So I wish they had killed a few.

You should be put on the "red flag" list. You are making threats.

That's okay, liberalsand POCs get a pass. It's like the latest white
supremacist attack on an Asian in NYC. He is a very dusky white
supremacist on parole for killing his own mother.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:28:49 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 4:43:44 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Mar 2021 09:13:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/30/2021 7:34 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:

Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated
persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated
persons would be denied entrance.
Damn right.
Sounds good to me. Like I heard on TV a few weeks ago, we need to make it
very inconvenient to be an anti-vaxer. I think the idiots will come
around
fairly quickly.

Greater than 80% of people who contract the Fauci-19 virus don't even
know they have it or they think they have a cold. Survival rate for all
is over 98%.

Why would any reasonably healthy person risk Fauci's experimental gene
therapy?

So I don't end up in a hospital for weeks on a ventilator. That 98%
survival does not say how much they suffered to be a survivor.

+1
Nor is it gen therapy.

+1

And I heard on the radio today that about 1/3 of those with long-covid
have shown partial or full improvement after vaccination. Another
things that our learned liar** didn't consider.

**Why else does he call himself pinocchio? But it echoes how stupid he
is because what else could someone be who advertises his willingness to
lie?

Something I have not heard discussed is whether if you've been vaccinated and
still get Covid, does being vaccinated reduce your chances of having the long
haul problems. You would think it probably does, but I haven't heard anything.

The assertion is that it will make it less debilitating and you will
either have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all but the long term FDA
trials are going on, as we speak, in the general public, so we shall
see.

It is the risk you take when you rush a drug to market before you test
it over several (up to 10) years.
Since I have always wondered if the FDA was slow walking drugs when
they might not have to, costing the manufacturers millions more, I
guess I got my wish but I also understand it is the pioneers who catch
all the arrows.
We are the test subjects here.

The joke will be on us if the anti vaxers got one right for a change
and there are serious problems for a few people. In real life there
were only a few hundred "thalidomide babies" world wide but that
changed the world of drug testing forever ... until now.

It will be interesting in 20 years to see how history judges this
whole fiasco. I probably won't get to see it tho. I would have been 95
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:34:04 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:
Like I said before, I wish the police had killed a few on Jan 6. I
suppose they weren't there when they were spraying poison into the cop's

Funny that it is not poison when the cops sprayed it at the protestors
tho.

"Bear Spray" is pepper spray, just like the cops use if the cops are
not using CS gas. (the stuff ATF/FBI used at Waco)

Are you sure all bear spray is the same as what police use? That it;s
not more powerful, more concentrated for example? Or a different
formulation that hasn't been tested on humans? The cop that died
was sprayed with it.

Following Joyce's Google links the top hit says they both use the same
chemical but the cop stuff is MORE concentrated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:31:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/31/2021 8:44 AM, Snag wrote:
On 3/30/2021 8:16 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/30/2021 8:24 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/29/2021 7:28 PM, Dan wrote:

https://populist.press/this-is-liter...-plan-unfolds/

WATCH: Press secretary confirms that White House is working with
corporate sector to formulate 'vaccine passports'
Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated
persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated
persons would be denied entrance.

This is horrible.Â* Next thing you know, the administration will be
mandating voter ID.

No, that is the Repubs in Georgia.

Â*Good God Ed , you have to have ID to do so many other thing that I
think the push to eliminate ID for voting is ludicrous and downright
criminal .

Present system has worked for 200 years, then Trump started a lot of
crap about it. It is not just an ID, it is other obstacles being put in
the way.

Actually there are a lot of things different in just the last 20-30
years. You used to have to show up at the polls, on election day, with
ID and an absentee ballot required that you were actually unable to do
that or you perjured yourself on the application.
There was no universal mail in ballot and no early voting.
That was the way Florida was as recently as the 2000 election for
sure.
I never had anything else in Maryland. I did vote absentee once in the
military and it wasn't easy. You had to physically show up at an
election office, fill out a form and get your ballot.

Let's not pretend we are changing any long time traditions. We may be
dialing back things they put in place to increase turnout from the
lazy but I am not sure that is a good thing.
Back in the olden days politicians had to send buses after lazy
voters, drive them to the polls and give them a pack of cigarettes to
get their vote. Now they just collect their mail in ballots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It is nothing even remotely like a fiasco in the countrys with a clue.

I probably won't get to see it tho. I would have been 95
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2021 7:28 PM, Dan wrote:

https://populist.press/this-is-liter...-plan-unfolds/

WATCH: Press secretary confirms that White House is working with
corporate sector to formulate 'vaccine passports'
Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated
persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated
persons would be denied entrance.

This is horrible.* Next thing you know, the administration will be
[...]

How is increased turnout not a good thing, or are you just saying you
aren't sure?

Back in the olden days politicians had to send buses after lazy
voters, drive them to the polls and give them a pack of cigarettes to
get their vote. Now they just collect their mail in ballots.

Is there a state where it's legal for politicians to collect mail in
ballots, or was that just hyperbole?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Try again. You tried to claim that ""Bear Spray" is pepper spray". I just
wanted to point out that you were mistaken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2021 7:28 PM, Dan wrote:

[...]

Its not really the lazy, more those who cant as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

but I am not sure that is a good thing.

Certainly not a good thing to discourage a distinct subset of voters from
voting.

Back in the olden days politicians had to send buses after lazy voters,
drive
them to the polls and give them a pack of cigarettes to get their vote.

And plenty of others found it too hard to vote.

Now they just collect their mail in ballots.

Nothing wrong with that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:37:35 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

That's okay, liberalsand POCs get a pass. It's like the latest white
supremacist attack on an Asian in NYC. He is a very dusky white
supremacist on parole for killing his own mother.

Oh, no! Another gossip attack by the resident senile gossip! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 14:51:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It will be interesting in 20 years to see
how history judges this whole fiasco.

It is nothing even remotely like a fiasco in the countrys with a clue.

Auto-contradicting IDIOT!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/21 2:09 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
Its not really the lazy, more those who cant as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and presenting a photo ID.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/21 12:25 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Is there a state where it's legal for politicians to collect mail in
ballots, or was that just hyperbole?

The government doesn't investigate/prosecute democrat's election fraud so it is effectively "legal".

Unless you are an elected official, not wearing a mask on an airplane will get you a bigger fine than voter fraud.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 10:49:25 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:31:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Present system has worked for 200 years, then Trump started a lot of
crap about it. It is not just an ID, it is other obstacles being put in
the way.

Actually there are a lot of things different in just the last 20-30
years. You used to have to show up at the polls, on election day, with
ID and an absentee ballot required that you were actually unable to do
that or you perjured yourself on the application.

That's entirely up to the state. Every state has been different
historically.

And it used to be that you had to pay a poll tax to vote.

You can't win an argument with "used to be".

And you can't neglect the will of the electorate. In 2018, Michigan went
to the polls and approved a ballot initiative for "no-reason absentee voting".
We put it right in the state Constitution, on a 66.9/33.1% vote.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You dont know that they ever visit a liquor store or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You dont know that they ever visit a liquor store

True.

or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

True, not every state requires photo ID. But every state requires stores
not to sell to minors, so the upshot is that you have to produce ID if
you look anywhere near 21 (if the liquor store cares about its liquor
license). Some states require ID from anybody, even gray-hairs like me.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 03:46:21 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You don¢t know that they ever visit a liquor store or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

Neither do YOU know, you auto-contradicting senile cretin!

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rodent Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 06:57:56 -0400, Pinocchio Psaki
wrote:

On 4/1/21 2:09 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
Its not really the lazy, more those who cant as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and presenting a photo ID.

Never been asked for photo ID at a liquor store - but I'm OBVIOUSLY
over 19 - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2021 7:28 PM, Dan wrote:

[...]

Somewhere between hyperbole and campaign operatives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Waitaminute, didn't you say that ""Bear Spray" is pepper spray"?
Why, yes, yes you did.

Similar, but not the same.

But you would have us believe the bear spray was the concentrated one
and cop style pepper spray was the weak one.
Try to remember the context.
Protestors had bear spray, cops were using pepper spray.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They both have the same basic chemical. oleoresin capsicum

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You dont know that they ever visit a liquor store

True.

or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

True, not every state requires photo ID. But every state requires stores
not to sell to minors, so the upshot is that you have to produce ID if
you look anywhere near 21 (if the liquor store cares about its liquor
license). Some states require ID from anybody, even gray-hairs like me.

Cindy Hamilton

It is also store policy at a lot of places I go. I agree when you are
75 and look 100 like me it is pretty silly especially when I am just
buying a quart of lacquer thinner or a can of spray paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You don’t know that they ever visit a liquor store

True.

or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

True, not every state requires photo ID. But every state requires stores
not to sell to minors, so the upshot is that you have to produce ID if
you look anywhere near 21 (if the liquor store cares about its liquor
license). Some states require ID from anybody, even gray-hairs like me.

That usually happens when stores have been selling to minors and then
saying, He looked old enough to me. So they put in the rule to card
everyone and the rules stays maybe forever.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:31:36 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 4:57:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Mar 2021 05:46:48 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 3:28:55 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 00:14:55 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 29 Mar 2021 19:28:02 -0400, Dan
wrote:

https://populist.press/this-is-liter...-plan-unfolds/

WATCH: Press secretary confirms that White House is working with corporate sector to formulate 'vaccine passports'

I hope that's true. I'm glad to hear it. It means people with sense
enough to get vaccinated will have some of their freedom of movement
restoreable, and won't thave to suffer as much because of the morons who
won't get vaccinated.

Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated persons would be denied entrance.

Damn right.
Sounds good to me. Like I heard on TV a few weeks ago, we need to make it
very inconvenient to be an anti-vaxer. I think the idiots will come around
fairly quickly.

Or stage another insurrection.

Like I said before, I wish the police had killed a few on Jan 6. I
suppose they weren't there when they were spraying poison into the cop's
face or when they were hitting someone with the flag pole, but when they
were ramming something ito the door glass of the Capitol I wish they had
fired one warning shot, then the next one into the arm that showed and
whatever else happened to be behind that arm. If that person retreated
and was replaced with someone else, afaic the next bullet should have
gone in any part of his body that was available, and if it killed him,
that would be good. I would have liked to see the crowd turn and run
when that happened. But I wouldn't want the capitol police to break
more glass than was already broken. Waste not, want not.

I suppose they were unwilling to use lethal force when the attack they
watched was only aimed at the door, and they deserve credit for
restraint,

They shot and killed the woman trying to get through the door. Technically
she was trying to get through a broken out window directly adjacent to the
door, but same thing.

You're right. And whoever shot her doesn't deserve credit for
restraint, as the others might. He deserves credit for shooting her.

Either way, they deserve credit.

but otoh "minimum force necessary" is aiui minimum force
necessary to stop someone, and is not determined by the nature of the
force he's using. If by dint of numbers he/they can accomplish their
crime without using guns, that doesn't mean a gun shouldn't be fired to
stop them, imo. Don't want to shoot every one of them, only enough to
see them turn and leave. I really don't know either what propriety or
the law is on this, but I think if they'd killed a few, the next time
most would stay home and a few would come with guns. And when they saw
how few were there, they'd go home too. Well, maybe.

Maybe I just want them killed to make a statement that rebellion and
violence is not cost-free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:08:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/31/2021 8:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Something I have not heard discussed is whether if you've been vaccinated and
still get Covid, does being vaccinated reduce your chances of having the long
haul problems. You would think it probably does, but I haven't heard anything.

Heard something a couple of weeks ago, some of the long haulers were
vaccinated and it helped them. It was kind of a blanket comment at the
time.

I heard this just a day or two ago. I heard a third got partial or
total relief. I don't remember where but I think it was one of the
mRNA vaccines.

And it was a recent news story, so that would be 2 different reports.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 15:26:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I did self-checkout at Home Despot with a can of spray paint last
weekend. The computer balked and I looked over at the clerk and
called out, "I'm not a tagger!" She laughed.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It is one of those thing people bitch about equality and the store is
liable if the cashier lets a minor sale happen.

In CT some of the liquor stores stated making a copy of the ID of some
of the young ones. State police would stop a kid coming out of the
store and she he/she is a minor and nail the store. They showed a fake
ID in the store, of course. With a copy, store owner has evidence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 07:40:16 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

You can't fool all the people all the time.

Yep, but YOU can blabber and gossip all of the time ...just about anything,
lowbrowwoman! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 02:26:34 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

I did self-checkout at Home Despot with a can of spray paint last
weekend. The computer balked and I looked over at the clerk and
called out, "I'm not a tagger!" She laughed.

Cindy Hamilton

You huff'n ?

--
Tekkie