Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default This is literally the end of human liberty in the West if this plan unfolds

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.

You don’t know that they ever visit a liquor store

True.

or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

True, not every state requires photo ID. But every state requires stores
not to sell to minors, so the upshot is that you have to produce ID if
you look anywhere near 21 (if the liquor store cares about its liquor
license). Some states require ID from anybody, even gray-hairs like me.

That usually happens when stores have been selling to minors and then
saying, He looked old enough to me. So they put in the rule to card
everyone and the rules stays maybe forever.

Cindy Hamilton