Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is literally the end of human liberty in the West if this plan unfolds

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 09:38:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 4/2/2021 12:08 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:58:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Pinocchio Psaki wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not really the lazy, more those who can't as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

Yet those same people have no problem getting to the liquor store and
presenting a photo ID.
You don?t know that they ever visit a liquor store

True.

or that
their state requires photo ID to purchase from one.

True, not every state requires photo ID. But every state requires stores
not to sell to minors, so the upshot is that you have to produce ID if
you look anywhere near 21 (if the liquor store cares about its liquor
license). Some states require ID from anybody, even gray-hairs like me.

Cindy Hamilton

It is also store policy at a lot of places I go. I agree when you are
75 and look 100 like me it is pretty silly especially when I am just
buying a quart of lacquer thinner or a can of spray paint.

It is one of those thing people bitch about equality and the store is
liable if the cashier lets a minor sale happen.

In CT some of the liquor stores stated making a copy of the ID of some
of the young ones. State police would stop a kid coming out of the
store and she he/she is a minor and nail the store. They showed a fake
ID in the store, of course. With a copy, store owner has evidence.

In PA they did a crack down on cigarettes, here the establishment owner is
responsible. Caught a few and I don't know where the cig police went but
haven't heard anything lately. Probably down at the Delaware border waiting for
Frank. 8) Guess it's not glamorous enough to repeat.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 03:28:38 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:08:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/31/2021 8:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Something I have not heard discussed is whether if you've been vaccinated and
still get Covid, does being vaccinated reduce your chances of having the long
haul problems. You would think it probably does, but I haven't heard anything.

Heard something a couple of weeks ago, some of the long haulers were
vaccinated and it helped them. It was kind of a blanket comment at the
time.

I heard this just a day or two ago. I heard a third got partial or
total relief. I don't remember where but I think it was one of the
mRNA vaccines.

And it was a recent news story, so that would be 2 different reports.

The MNRA vaccines do appear to help recovery of the "long haulers"
in many cases.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 16:41:54 -0400, Tekkie© wrote:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 00:08:33 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

It is also store policy at a lot of places I go. I agree when you are
75 and look 100 like me it is pretty silly especially when I am just
buying a quart of lacquer thinner or a can of spray paint.

You huff'n ?

That would explain a few things, wouldn't it??
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/31/2021 8:28 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Something I have not heard discussed is whether if you've been vaccinated and
still get Covid, does being vaccinated reduce your chances of having the long
haul problems. You would think it probably does, but I haven't heard anything.

Heard something a couple of weeks ago, some of the long haulers were
vaccinated and it helped them. It was kind of a blanket comment at the
time.

I heard this just a day or two ago. I heard a third got partial or
total relief. I don't remember where but I think it was one of the
mRNA vaccines.

And it was a recent news story, so that would be 2 different reports.

The MNRA vaccines do appear to help recovery of the "long haulers"
in many cases.

Sorry, mRNA - the NRA virus has no cure or vaccine

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 22:26:38 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 16:41:54 -0400, Tekkie© wrote:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 00:08:33 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

It is also store policy at a lot of places I go. I agree when you are
75 and look 100 like me it is pretty silly especially when I am just
buying a quart of lacquer thinner or a can of spray paint.

You huff'n ?

That would explain a few things, wouldn't it??

Doing body work without a mask is a magical thing!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 01:23:23 -0400, micky
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

LOL. That is pretty silly. So how long have you been getting high on
lacquer thinner? If you've done it this long, you must know what
you're doing.

That reminds me of an old time plumber who was denigrating new guys
who just know how to "paste pipe".
He says they just got in the trade to smell the glue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 03:26:36 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:31:36 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 4:57:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Mar 2021 05:46:48 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 3:28:55 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 00:14:55 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 29 Mar 2021 19:28:02 -0400, Dan
wrote:

https://populist.press/this-is-liter...-plan-unfolds/

WATCH: Press secretary confirms that White House is working with corporate sector to formulate 'vaccine passports'

I hope that's true. I'm glad to hear it. It means people with sense
enough to get vaccinated will have some of their freedom of movement
restoreable, and won't thave to suffer as much because of the morons who
won't get vaccinated.

Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated persons would be denied entrance.

Damn right.
Sounds good to me. Like I heard on TV a few weeks ago, we need to make it
very inconvenient to be an anti-vaxer. I think the idiots will come around
fairly quickly.

Or stage another insurrection.
Like I said before, I wish the police had killed a few on Jan 6. I
suppose they weren't there when they were spraying poison into the cop's
face or when they were hitting someone with the flag pole, but when they
were ramming something ito the door glass of the Capitol I wish they had
fired one warning shot, then the next one into the arm that showed and
whatever else happened to be behind that arm. If that person retreated
and was replaced with someone else, afaic the next bullet should have
gone in any part of his body that was available, and if it killed him,
that would be good. I would have liked to see the crowd turn and run
when that happened. But I wouldn't want the capitol police to break
more glass than was already broken. Waste not, want not.

I suppose they were unwilling to use lethal force when the attack they
watched was only aimed at the door, and they deserve credit for
restraint,

They shot and killed the woman trying to get through the door. Technically
she was trying to get through a broken out window directly adjacent to the
door, but same thing.

You're right. And whoever shot her doesn't deserve credit for
restraint, as the others might. He deserves credit for shooting her.

Either way, they deserve credit.

That is fine with me ....
As long as you all keep the same perspective in a few weeks when
"insurrectionists" are assaulting Federal court houses because they
are not happy with the Chauvin verdict.
A Federal court house holds the same Constitutional significance as
the Capitol or the White House. They are symbols of coequal branches
of government.