Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default This is literally the end of human liberty in the West if this plan unfolds

wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:31:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/31/2021 8:44 AM, Snag wrote:
On 3/30/2021 8:16 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/30/2021 8:24 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/29/2021 7:28 PM, Dan wrote:

https://populist.press/this-is-liter...-plan-unfolds/

WATCH: Press secretary confirms that White House is working with
corporate sector to formulate 'vaccine passports'
Businesses could then use this credential to allow vaccinated
persons admittance to events and places to which non-vaccinated
persons would be denied entrance.

This is horrible. Next thing you know, the administration will be
mandating voter ID.

No, that is the Repubs in Georgia.

Good God Ed , you have to have ID to do so many other thing that I
think the push to eliminate ID for voting is ludicrous and downright
criminal .

Present system has worked for 200 years, then Trump started a lot of
crap about it. It is not just an ID, it is other obstacles being put in
the way.

Actually there are a lot of things different in just the last 20-30
years. You used to have to show up at the polls, on election day, with
ID and an absentee ballot required that you were actually unable to do
that or you perjured yourself on the application.
There was no universal mail in ballot and no early voting.
That was the way Florida was as recently as the 2000 election for
sure.
I never had anything else in Maryland. I did vote absentee once in the
military and it wasn't easy. You had to physically show up at an
election office, fill out a form and get your ballot.

Let's not pretend we are changing any long time traditions. We may be
dialing back things they put in place to increase turnout from the lazy

Its not really the lazy, more those who cant as conveniently
vote in person, find it harder to produce photo ID etc.

but I am not sure that is a good thing.

Certainly not a good thing to discourage a distinct subset of voters from
voting.

Back in the olden days politicians had to send buses after lazy voters,
drive
them to the polls and give them a pack of cigarettes to get their vote.

And plenty of others found it too hard to vote.

Now they just collect their mail in ballots.

Nothing wrong with that.