Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:36:44 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 03/06/2021 05:38 AM, jimmy wrote:
So you don't like the water-saver choices the democrat overlords forced
on you? This is yet another example of "rules for thee but not for me."

I guarantee that there is more than one democrap politician that showers
under a custom-built shower system that flows 10 GPM.

A couple of years ago I stayed at an older motel in Grand Coulee. It was
slanted toward fishermen with a cleaning station outside of the cabins.
The shower was like standing under a comfortably hot firehose. The cabin
had a nice little kitchen too. I was thinking about moving in.

We were in California several years ago.
A lot of places we were had the water locked up
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/...he%20Water.jpg

Then when we got to Squaw Valley we found this.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/...strictions.jpg

They were not flow restricted heads either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:40:23 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 03/06/2021 08:58 AM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
It still annoys me to see these massive shower heads in the fixture aisle
knowing that they don't provide any decent water flow.

When the electric co-op sent a big box of assorted CFLs I used them. A
few years later they send LED lights. I used them. When they sent the
huge 2 gpm shower heads I ignored them. I wonder if could adapt them to
the garden hose for lightly watering plants?

When I put in the valve for our master bath shower I used a "tub"
valve that is not flow restricted and drilled out the hole in the
shower head. The shower cartridges have a 3GPM sized hole. (about
1/8th inch)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:41:26 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 04:53 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/6/2021 5:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:21:08 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice
shiny new Peerless from Amazon. The problem is that due to
Kalifornia's water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill
the coffeepot and several minutes to fill the sink to wash dishes. WHO
KNEW?
Local plumbing supply place said there was nothing to be done. I
suppose I could return it and get an out-of-state friend to order a
NORMAL one and then send it to us, but that's laying the problem on an
innocent bystander.
So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...
I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Did you consider that you might rather place an Amazon order
for the proper faucet ... ? Rather than blame the state government
for your stupidity ?
John T.

Thanks for your help, John, it's much appreciated. I myself have
offered similar assistance to others, with equivalent gratitude.

I suspect Amazon will only ship California compliant faucets to
California. I once bought a transformer type toy from Amazon for a
friend in the UK's son because they would not ship it too the UK.

I corresponded with Peerless customer support for a while. He seemed to
think that if I ordered from Texas I would get a different faucet, but
wouldn't tell me the stock number. If this is a national requirement,
the ******* was clearly lying to me.

As they found out a couple weeks ago, Texas is not part of the US.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:20:26 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/6/2021 12:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 09:36 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 05:38 AM, jimmy wrote:
So you don't like the water-saver choices the democrat overlords forced
on you? This is yet another example of "rules for thee but not for me."

I guarantee that there is more than one democrap politician that showers
under a custom-built shower system that flows 10 GPM.

A couple of years ago I stayed at an older motel in Grand Coulee. It was
slanted toward fishermen with a cleaning station outside of the cabins.
The shower was like standing under a comfortably hot firehose. The cabin
had a nice little kitchen too. I was thinking about moving in.

My grandson bought some nifty showerheads at Sharper Image when he
worked there.Â* The did some magical thing that blasted out water but
used very little.Â* Saved water with no downside.Â* I wish they'd taken
them when they moved...

Filling a pot takes a given amount of water and you want it done
quickly. Taking a shower is less about volume, more about design to
make it feel good and rinse well.

Some years ago our town gave out low flow shower heads. It used about
half the water and was hesitant but figured I'd give it a try. Wow, it
felt much better than the old one and save water and the fuel to heat it.

They do sell "pot filler" faucets that are not flow restricted but
cold water only from what I have seen. My BIL put one in his house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 10:51 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
Equivalent button on electric hedge-trimmers. I wedged a little piece
of wood into something to keep it pushed. Damn thing is sufficiently
exhausting to use without having to hold it in a special way.

That's better than the trigger lock button on some drill motors. If
you're left handed and the bit grabs the drill motor's rotation tends to
apply the lock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 10:55 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 09:44 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 10:02 AM, Frank wrote:
That would be the first thing to try. It might be as simple as a washer
put in to restrict flow or in the aerator itself. Hard to believe
manufacturer would re-engineer the faucet just for California.

They've re-engineered cars to meet California's whims..

If only we and our friends and relatives had pooled our money back in
the 60s and bought a compound somewhere outside California. There would
have been problems, of course...

I ordered some magazine from a company in California, both 10 round and
16 round models. The 10's were shipped from LA, the 16's from Las Vegas.
Apparently they have a Nevada warehouse for the good stuff.

I hope you used an alias here. The DemBots apparently work quite well...

Screw the DemBots. This whole state is working itself up to a molon labe
mood. Our governor said if using scientific data and a reasonable
approach to public health regulations is Neanderthal, he's proud to be one.

There are some limitations imposed by our Firearms Freedom Act.
Smokeless powder weaponry must have a bore diameter of less than 1.5"
and must be man portable and no crew served weapons.

The Feds have said it's invalid but they haven't pressed the issue. The
state also said it wasn't going to do RealID and the Feds kept giving us
extensions we didn't ask for to save face. The state finally
compromised and you can pay extra to get a gold star on your DL. That
was to get around a state law against implementing RealID.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:50:18 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The DIY fix for an overreaching Federal government ain't going to be
pretty.

Ain't it, senile gossip? BG So what's the fix for a senile gossip?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:01:01 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Screw the DemBots. This whole state is working itself up to a molon labe

Oh, ****!

FLUSH another load of the never-ending idiotic senile drivel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 08:02:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Clearly didn¢t work with cars and planes and ships and railways.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal senile pest? LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 15:35:09 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I doubt any of the mandated features still exist on the Echos and
Grass Hoppers the landscape guys use. I know I have never seen a weed
eater with the plastic guards still on it and I know they can walk
away from a running mower without it shutting off.

I just bought a new John Deere x590 lawn tractor. Get off the seat and
the engine stops unless you put on the parking brake. Bounce up on the
seat while mowing and engine will stop. If you go in reverse with the
blades going, engine cuts off unless you press a special button, I
jumpered that one out. I bet the landscape guys remove most of the
safety devices. Home owner mower blades are limited to less speed than
the commercial ones. The home owner version does not move very fast
either compaired to the comercial ones.

Son bought a push mower about 5 years ago . That thing has some sort of
choke you set, then have to jump behind the handle very quick before it
opens and pull the rope that is made so you have to be behind the handle
to pull it. Only one set speed for the blades. This was not an
inexpensive one either. It listed for around $ 300.

I have one like that, Troy Built with a Honda engine. Fortunately it
starts easy. I do have a Velcro strap on the handle that I tie down
the shut off bail. I really don't use it much but it is the only thing
that I can get up on FPL with. It will go up the Ed Labrador Memorial
bridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/6/2021 11:34 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 05:46:39 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 8:18:31 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
On 3/6/2021 4:15 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 1:21:16 AM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice
shiny new Peerless from Amazon. The problem is that due to
Kalifornia's water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill
the coffeepot and several minutes to fill the sink to wash dishes. WHO
KNEW?

You fill the sink to wash dishes? Get a dish pan (or better yet, a dishwasher).

Local plumbing supply place said there was nothing to be done. I
suppose I could return it and get an out-of-state friend to order a
NORMAL one and then send it to us, but that's laying the problem on an
innocent bystander.

Perhaps not. Manufacturers tend to prefer to make one design, so
we all suffer when Kalifornia runs out of water. I just checked Amazon
(I'm in Michigan, where the concept of wasting water is pretty much a
puppet show) and the first Peerless I found said "CA Prop 65 Compliant".

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...

It probably depends on the particular design of the faucet.

I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Actually, I do just stand there and watch a faucet run water down the drain,
while I'm waiting for the hot water to arrive.

Don't get us started on the CARB gas cans.

Cindy Hamilton

Have you considered running that water into a container and using it
to water your house plants ? If it takes more than ten seconds to get
hot water , you need a point of use heater to supplement the main unit -

No, I don't. Water is cheaper than electricity here. Gas-heated water
is cheaper than electricity-heated water.

I don't always just stand there and let it run down the drain. If there's
something useful that cold-ish water can do, I use it.

we did this because the run to the kitchen sink was taking too long to
get hot water to the dishwasher , plus that water wasn't hot enough when
it got there .

Our water is plenty hot when it gets there. I measured it at 140 F one day.
I just temped the cold water coming out of the spout. 53 F. It's warmer
in the summer.

As far as the new gas cans go , I found a design that has a
telescoping spout , the tip is in the tank neck before the gas flows . I
did remove the "safety latch" ...

My husband is pretty inventive about defeating those features, too.

I take the spout off and use a big funnel when I am filling my boat. I
can dump in five gallons in 30 seconds or so. I do still have a few
of those old style spouts tho for mowers and such.

The only thing I use those cans to fill is yard stuff . The biggest tank
is on The Rusty Tractor and it's only like 3-4 gallons . Whoever
designed these containers had some experience pouring gas out of a can .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:34:46 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 02:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:21:08 -0800, The Real Bev

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...
I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Did you consider that you might rather place an Amazon order
for the proper faucet ... ? Rather than blame the state government
for your stupidity ?

It turns out that it's a federal requirement since 199x. Who knew? I
knew about shower heads, but FAUCETS?

Maybe you can get a used one. I know you spend all this money and your
husband's time to get a new shiny one.

Anyone know wher the restriction is. Is the actual nozzle pipe smaller
or maybe do use a restriccting aerator, or is it in the base of the
faucet or where the spout attaches to the base. What about buying in a
foreing country.

IIRC, a great American said, "They're bringing plumbing supplies,
electrical supplies, and I suppose some are good people". Maybe he can
give you a lead. Or maybe you can take dimensions and go to Mexico
directly if they dont' have that rule there. (I have no idea.)

When I moved in here 38 years ago, the shower didn't put out ENOUGH
water, and somehow I had a different spout so I changed it. I take
mostly baths, so I want my showers to be good. Baths use even more
water, but I don't take many. I'm rather dirty but it's my way of
helping the environment. I plan to put the original spout back on when
I move. (In Brooklyn I figured out how to tape up the drain so I could
fill the tub up 1.5 more inches. I did remember to undo that before I
left, 10 years later.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 06 Mar 2021 14:12:30 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:34:46 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 02:23 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:21:08 -0800, The Real Bev

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...
I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Did you consider that you might rather place an Amazon order
for the proper faucet ... ? Rather than blame the state government
for your stupidity ?

It turns out that it's a federal requirement since 199x. Who knew? I
knew about shower heads, but FAUCETS?

Yikes .. if your Feds get this involved in your lives -
California isn't really the problem !
Hope you find a DIY fix.
I'd start with the aerator and look for some restrictor that the
aerator screws into ..

Yes, maybe if the hole is smaller than the hole in the old one, you and
just drill in 3/8 or 1/2 inch and get rid of it. Don't drill through
the top.

Or better yet, don't listen to me or I'll drill your house down.

This one is not nearly as good as the titel implies, except the tip sort
of implies there is more than one restrictive level of the screen.
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/remove...cet-24508.html

"Most water-saving aerators also contain a disk that restricts the water
from the faucet. Others have a variable-control device, often an O ring
that flattens under water pressure to reduce flow. Under low pressure,
the ring keeps its normal size, providing a compensating higher flow.Jul
17, 1994:
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/17/n...d-toilets.html
Water-saving faucets are also available. Many have an aerator, but some
have flow regulators. One of those is a modified solid stream called
laminar flow, which increases wetting like an aerated stream but is less
noisy and produces less splash. [I don't know what this means and it
doesn't say.]

This is pro-conseration but maybe you can work backwards.
https://www.bobvila.com/articles/low-flow-faucets/

Ths one is good
https://bargainbathroom.com/how-to-r...throom-faucet/
Oh, chihuahua, you may not need to go to Mehico.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 06 Mar 2021 23:41:22 -0500, micky
wrote:

When I moved in here 38 years ago, the shower didn't put out ENOUGH
water, and somehow I had a different spout so I changed it. I take
mostly baths, so I want my showers to be good. Baths use even more
water, but I don't take many. I'm rather dirty but it's my way of
helping the environment. I plan to put the original spout back on when
I move. (In Brooklyn I figured out how to tape up the drain so I could
fill the tub up 1.5 more inches. I did remember to undo that before I
left, 10 years later.)

In Chicago on Lake Shore Drive at the 90^ turn near Navy Pier for years
there was a full-size billboard that had a drawing and it said,
"Let him skip his bath tonight.
A public service for little boys"

I get a lot of encouragement from that.

Aha, I remembered the text exactly. The sign was something like this:
https://repository.duke.edu/dc/outdo...tising/AAA5775
This was from 1964 N. Carolina, and I had a car in Chicago from 67 to
70.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:12:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:20:26 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/6/2021 12:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 09:36 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 05:38 AM, jimmy wrote:
So you don't like the water-saver choices the democrat overlords forced
on you? This is yet another example of "rules for thee but not for me."

I guarantee that there is more than one democrap politician that showers
under a custom-built shower system that flows 10 GPM.

A couple of years ago I stayed at an older motel in Grand Coulee. It was
slanted toward fishermen with a cleaning station outside of the cabins.
The shower was like standing under a comfortably hot firehose. The cabin
had a nice little kitchen too. I was thinking about moving in.

My grandson bought some nifty showerheads at Sharper Image when he
worked there. The did some magical thing that blasted out water but
used very little. Saved water with no downside. I wish they'd taken
them when they moved...

Filling a pot takes a given amount of water and you want it done
quickly. Taking a shower is less about volume, more about design to
make it feel good and rinse well.

Some years ago our town gave out low flow shower heads. It used about
half the water and was hesitant but figured I'd give it a try. Wow, it
felt much better than the old one and save water and the fuel to heat it.

They do sell "pot filler" faucets that are not flow restricted but
cold water only from what I have seen. My BIL put one in his house.

Not that I'm in the habit of ingesting water from the hot-water tank,
but what's to prevent someone from hooking one of those up to
the hot-water supply?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 02:23:24 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

[...]

Nothing really except hot water is more likely to leach lead out of
your old copper piping (before lead solder was banned in the code).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/6/2021 1:21 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice
shiny new* Peerless from Amazon.* The problem is that due to
Kalifornia's water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill
the coffeepot and several minutes to fill the sink to wash dishes.* WHO
KNEW?

Local plumbing supply place said there was nothing to be done.* I
suppose I could return it and get an out-of-state friend to order a
NORMAL one and then send it to us, but that's laying the problem on an
innocent bystander.

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE?* The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...

I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain.* What were those
assholes thinking?

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor. Most
are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hawk" wrote in message ...
[...]

With most of them its much more likely to be the cost of rent and houses.

Most are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 11:11:55 AM UTC-6, Rod Speed wrote:
"Hawk" wrote in message ...

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor.

With most of them its much more likely to be the cost of rent and houses.
Most are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

This article claims Californians are mostly just moving from one part of the state to another.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/03/06/california-exodus-did-not-happen-uc-study/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 04:11:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor.

With most of them its much more likely to be the cost of rent and houses.

Teaching the Yanks again how things REALLY are in the US, you abnormal
senile troll? BG

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hawk" wrote in message ...

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor.

With most of them its much more likely to be the cost of rent and houses.
Most are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

This article claims Californians are mostly just moving from one part of the state to another.
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/03/06/california-exodus-did-not-happen-uc-study/

The article admits 20% of the people who moved left the state and that
is not an insignificant number but, as in most statistics, how were
these numbers gathered? Is it just by population and if so how many
high paid working people left to be replaced by illegals working for
cash or legal immigrants working at close to minimum wage?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hawk wrote:

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor. Most
are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

They are also the same people who voted for all the politicians and propositions
in California that created the problem they are escaping from and will do so
again in their new home.

--
Usenet: The world's first (and best) social network.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arthur Conan Doyle" wrote in message
Hawk wrote:

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor. Most
are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

They are also the same people who voted for all the politicians
and propositions in California that created the problem they
are escaping from and will do so again in their new home.

Its far from clear that those leaving did actually vote for that stuff
given that only about 15% at most are leaving and that none of
the propositions ever got only that percentage rejecting them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 06:52:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Its far from clear

It IS clear that you are a senile sociopathic cretin and troll!

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hawk" wrote in message ...

[...]

"Each illegal immigrant creates 1.2 jobs"

ECON 0858 Position statement 1 -
-- https://www.coursehero.com/file/50848386/ECON-0858docx/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 11:12 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:34:46 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

That's what I read somewhere. *******s. Nothing is so trivial that
they can't **** it up.

Yikes .. if your Feds get this involved in your lives -
California isn't really the problem !
Hope you find a DIY fix.
I'd start with the aerator and look for some restrictor that the
aerator screws into ..

Whole unit (aerator and restrictor) screws directly into the spigot --
remove it and there's nothing but the casting. ID is roughly the same
as my ring finger (#9). Hands roughly a men's medium glove.

Flow isn't that much more and you lose 2 ounces of water with each use.
The intent of replacing the old one was to stop the drips that began
roughly 2 weeks after replacing the washers :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 11:20 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

The Powers That Be have minions to fill coffeepots for them. Those
people probably have worse things to do and regard extra time spent
filling water containers as very close to a perk!

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
afford lots more prosecution than we can afford defense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 12:11 PM, wrote:
[...]

I saw those. Our ancient cheap house has a wall-mounted fixture with 8"
between the hot pipe and the cold pipe. Not a lot of options...

I would guess that people rarely replace faucets. The POS we replaced
has been there since 1948 or 1949.

Next time we go to Tijuana for dental work I want to find a
hardware/plumbing store.

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
afford lots more prosecution than we can afford defense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 01:01 PM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

Well crap. Gotta rethink my Xmas list...

"Firearms Freedom." "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

The Feds have said it's invalid but they haven't pressed the issue. The
state also said it wasn't going to do RealID and the Feds kept giving us
extensions we didn't ask for to save face. The state finally
compromised and you can pay extra to get a gold star on your DL. That
was to get around a state law against implementing RealID.

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
afford lots more prosecution than we can afford defense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/07/2021 01:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article 99ba4gdanis97k3tpqe9sf60inbl161o7d@None,
says...

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor. Most
are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.

Been here for a long time. Worst thing that happened was a mess of
bookshelves falling down. That was actually a good thing -- it was
easier to box the books up and give them to the library than put them
back on the shelves. The shelves are full again, of course...

You really can't worry about being killed in a quake. Well, you can,
but it's a waste of time and effort.

They are also the same people who voted for all the politicians and propositions
in California that created the problem they are escaping from and will do so
again in their new home.

I think the last time thing I voted for that passed was Proposition 13,
and the *******s are trying to gut that.

When they saw how messed up California is maybe they will not vote for
the same things in another state.

Not likely. People are stupid no matter where they live. As long as a
large number of people believe what celebrities tell them the rest of us
are hosed.

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
afford lots more prosecution than we can afford defense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2021 09:49 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

"Each illegal immigrant creates 1.2 jobs"

They also occupy a certain amount of volume. If they buy a car the
volume increased by a LOT. They also require housing. LOTS more
volume. They require services. They stand in lines. They overwhelm
our schools with children who can't speak English.

This results in crowding, among other problems. Unpleasant for people
who don't want a lot of contact with other people, especially if it
actually costs money.

ECON 0858 Position statement 1 -
-- https://www.coursehero.com/file/50848386/ECON-0858docx/

--
Cheers, Bev
Judges are our only protection against a legal system that can
afford lots more prosecution than we can afford defense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hawk" wrote in message ...

[...]

interesting

mk5000

Nacho: I'm not listening to you! You only believe in Science. That's probably why we never win!

Esqueleto: We never win because you are fat!--nacho libre