Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 15:35:09 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I doubt any of the mandated features still exist on the Echos and
Grass Hoppers the landscape guys use. I know I have never seen a weed
eater with the plastic guards still on it and I know they can walk
away from a running mower without it shutting off.

I just bought a new John Deere x590 lawn tractor. Get off the seat and
the engine stops unless you put on the parking brake. Bounce up on the
seat while mowing and engine will stop. If you go in reverse with the
blades going, engine cuts off unless you press a special button, I
jumpered that one out. I bet the landscape guys remove most of the
safety devices. Home owner mower blades are limited to less speed than
the commercial ones. The home owner version does not move very fast
either compaired to the comercial ones.

Son bought a push mower about 5 years ago . That thing has some sort of
choke you set, then have to jump behind the handle very quick before it
opens and pull the rope that is made so you have to be behind the handle
to pull it. Only one set speed for the blades. This was not an
inexpensive one either. It listed for around $ 300.

I have one like that, Troy Built with a Honda engine. Fortunately it
starts easy. I do have a Velcro strap on the handle that I tie down
the shut off bail. I really don't use it much but it is the only thing
that I can get up on FPL with. It will go up the Ed Labrador Memorial
bridge.