Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 5:28:59 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 01:01 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 10:55 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 09:44 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 10:02 AM, Frank wrote:
That would be the first thing to try. It might be as simple as a washer
put in to restrict flow or in the aerator itself. Hard to believe
manufacturer would re-engineer the faucet just for California.

They've re-engineered cars to meet California's whims..

If only we and our friends and relatives had pooled our money back in
the 60s and bought a compound somewhere outside California. There would
have been problems, of course...

I ordered some magazine from a company in California, both 10 round and
16 round models. The 10's were shipped from LA, the 16's from Las Vegas.
Apparently they have a Nevada warehouse for the good stuff.

I hope you used an alias here. The DemBots apparently work quite well...

Screw the DemBots. This whole state is working itself up to a molon labe
mood. Our governor said if using scientific data and a reasonable
approach to public health regulations is Neanderthal, he's proud to be one.

There are some limitations imposed by our Firearms Freedom Act.
Smokeless powder weaponry must have a bore diameter of less than 1.5"
and must be man portable and no crew served weapons.

Well crap. Gotta rethink my Xmas list...

"Firearms Freedom." "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Eastasia is Russia

they are going to be China soon

mk5000

To Save Its Dying Tongue, Indonesian Isle Orders Out for Korean

Its Spoken Language Fading, Buton Tries a Script From Seoul That Has
Global Ambitions

By TOM WRIGHT and GORDON FAIRCLOUGH

SORAWOLIO, Indonesia -- In an elementary school here on the remote
Indonesian island of Buton, a teacher named Abidin recently began to
show students how to write their endangered native language -- in the
Korean alphabet.

Mr. Abidin carefully copied some Korean letters from a textbook onto
the blackboard and asked his fourth-grade class what they spelled in
their Cia-Cia tongue, a Malayo-Polynesian language related to others
spoken across Indonesia.

"I eat fish," they replied in unison.

The students know little about Korea, 3,500 miles north of their home
here. Until a few months ago, none had met a Korean and most still
have trouble locating the Korean peninsula on the world map pinned to
the wall of the dusty schoolroom....

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 8 Mar 2021 15:32:26 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 08:41 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:34:46 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 02:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:21:08 -0800, The Real Bev
So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...
I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Did you consider that you might rather place an Amazon order
for the proper faucet ... ? Rather than blame the state government
for your stupidity ?

It turns out that it's a federal requirement since 199x. Who knew? I
knew about shower heads, but FAUCETS?

Maybe you can get a used one. I know you spend all this money and your
husband's time to get a new shiny one.

$80 plus tax. Cheap. "Black" or "Stainelss steel" would have cost
more. I doubt that spending several $hundred would get better
performance, just better styling.

I've got a feeling a used one ("vintage") would cost even more and would
probably be just like the one we replaced.

I meant older than that, maybe from a house they are tearing down. I
forget what they are called in the east but they have stores that sell
parts from houses that were torn down, especially the pretty and ornate
stuff but they have lots of other things too.

Or if you see a house being torn down, ask the demo guy.

I needed a new kitchen faucet because mine dripped and replacing the
little things didn't stop that. (Washerless, but they don't tell you the
other things wear out just as fast.)

After I replaced several parts I called Delta and they sent me a kit for
free. It included the ball so I replaced that. Nothing worked.

I went to one store and rather than drive to the next store, I walked to
Home Depot and in the drainage gully between the two parking lots, in
the grass, I found a kitchen faucet, while I was on my way to go buy
one. It looked pretty good, so I temporarily gave up plans to buy one,
and I went home. There I realized it was suppose to have a spray hose
with it, so the next day I went back and there in the grass was the
spray hose. The grass was 5" tall and I missed it.

It works well. It's about the same as what I had but doesn't leak.

I can go check that gully if you want.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/09/2021 01:24 AM, micky wrote:

Or if you see a house being torn down, ask the demo guy.

$$Restoration Hardware$$ deals in stuff like that. It's a real bitch
finding ANY wall-mounted normal kitchen faucet :-(

[...]

Probably wrong. The wall-mount faucet is a single unit.

Long ago I discovered that my new-used Ducati's Dell'orto carb had a
serious leak due to some ham-fisted jerk squeezing it from a circle to
an oval. A lot of teflon plumber's tape and gasoline-proof silicone goo
fixed the problem, but god help me if I ever wanted to take it apart
again -- which I did because it was running a little rich.

We were going to yard sales every week then. At one, pristine and
unused in a box, was the exact model Dell'orto I needed for $15.00.

Then I needed to get a smaller main jet, which I couldn't find locally.
EXCEPT for a guy ("We don't have any, but give this guy a call...") in
a neighboring town that forbade any commercial activity except in a
one-mile strip along a main highway. You can't even give PIANO LESSONS.
The guy had very nearly a full Italian motorcycle dealership (parts
only; if you wanted a new bike he had to order it) in his home, garage,
and his grandma's house next door. I still think that's wonderful.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't sweat it -- it's not real life. It's only ones and zeroes."