Posted to alt.home.repair
marika marika is offline

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 5:28:59 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 01:01 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 10:55 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2021 09:44 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 10:02 AM, Frank wrote:
That would be the first thing to try. It might be as simple as a washer
put in to restrict flow or in the aerator itself. Hard to believe
manufacturer would re-engineer the faucet just for California.

They've re-engineered cars to meet California's whims..

If only we and our friends and relatives had pooled our money back in
the 60s and bought a compound somewhere outside California. There would
have been problems, of course...

I ordered some magazine from a company in California, both 10 round and
16 round models. The 10's were shipped from LA, the 16's from Las Vegas.
Apparently they have a Nevada warehouse for the good stuff.

I hope you used an alias here. The DemBots apparently work quite well...

Screw the DemBots. This whole state is working itself up to a molon labe
mood. Our governor said if using scientific data and a reasonable
approach to public health regulations is Neanderthal, he's proud to be one.

There are some limitations imposed by our Firearms Freedom Act.
Smokeless powder weaponry must have a bore diameter of less than 1.5"
and must be man portable and no crew served weapons.

Well crap. Gotta rethink my Xmas list...

"Firearms Freedom." "We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Eastasia is Russia

they are going to be China soon

mk5000

To Save Its Dying Tongue, Indonesian Isle Orders Out for Korean

Its Spoken Language Fading, Buton Tries a Script From Seoul That Has
Global Ambitions

By TOM WRIGHT and GORDON FAIRCLOUGH

SORAWOLIO, Indonesia -- In an elementary school here on the remote
Indonesian island of Buton, a teacher named Abidin recently began to
show students how to write their endangered native language -- in the
Korean alphabet.

Mr. Abidin carefully copied some Korean letters from a textbook onto
the blackboard and asked his fourth-grade class what they spelled in
their Cia-Cia tongue, a Malayo-Polynesian language related to others
spoken across Indonesia.

"I eat fish," they replied in unison.

The students know little about Korea, 3,500 miles north of their home
here. Until a few months ago, none had met a Korean and most still
have trouble locating the Korean peninsula on the world map pinned to
the wall of the dusty schoolroom....