Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 06 Mar 2021 14:12:30 -0500,
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:34:46 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 02:23 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:21:08 -0800, The Real Bev

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it
REASONABLE? The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...
I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands
there and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those
assholes thinking?

Did you consider that you might rather place an Amazon order
for the proper faucet ... ? Rather than blame the state government
for your stupidity ?

It turns out that it's a federal requirement since 199x. Who knew? I
knew about shower heads, but FAUCETS?

Yikes .. if your Feds get this involved in your lives -
California isn't really the problem !
Hope you find a DIY fix.
I'd start with the aerator and look for some restrictor that the
aerator screws into ..

Yes, maybe if the hole is smaller than the hole in the old one, you and
just drill in 3/8 or 1/2 inch and get rid of it. Don't drill through
the top.

Or better yet, don't listen to me or I'll drill your house down.

This one is not nearly as good as the titel implies, except the tip sort
of implies there is more than one restrictive level of the screen.
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/remove...cet-24508.html

"Most water-saving aerators also contain a disk that restricts the water
from the faucet. Others have a variable-control device, often an O ring
that flattens under water pressure to reduce flow. Under low pressure,
the ring keeps its normal size, providing a compensating higher flow.Jul
17, 1994:
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/17/n...d-toilets.html
Water-saving faucets are also available. Many have an aerator, but some
have flow regulators. One of those is a modified solid stream called
laminar flow, which increases wetting like an aerated stream but is less
noisy and produces less splash. [I don't know what this means and it
doesn't say.]

This is pro-conseration but maybe you can work backwards.
https://www.bobvila.com/articles/low-flow-faucets/

Ths one is good
https://bargainbathroom.com/how-to-r...throom-faucet/
Oh, chihuahua, you may not need to go to Mehico.