Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Stupid Kalifornia Low-Flow Kitchen Faucets

"Hawk" wrote in message ...
On 3/6/2021 1:21 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
Finally replaced our ancient wall-mounted kitchen faucet with a nice
shiny new Peerless from Amazon. The problem is that due to Kalifornia's
water-saving requirements it takes half a minute to fill the coffeepot
and several minutes to fill the sink to wash dishes. WHO KNEW?

Local plumbing supply place said there was nothing to be done. I suppose
I could return it and get an out-of-state friend to order a NORMAL one
and then send it to us, but that's laying the problem on an innocent
bystander.

So does anyone know how to tweak a low-flow faucet to make it REASONABLE?
The plumbing guy might be worrying about legal difficulties...

I can understand doing this to shower heads, but NOBODY just stands there
and watches a faucet run water down the drain. What were those assholes
thinking?

California has a major outflow of residence who are no longer happy with
the state laws and high taxes but more so, the current governor.

With most of them its much more likely to be the cost of rent and houses.

Most are moving to Arizona where taxes are half and the state is more
lenient. These are smart people who will possibly save their own lives
when the major quake takes down half the state.