Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Voting at 16?

One of the amendments to the H.R. 1 voting act is to allow 16 year olds to vote.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/04/they-really-despise-america-gingrich-pans-democrats-push-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-cancel-dr-seuss-1037884/
OR
http://alturl.com/6o6b5
Letseee. Drinking and smoking age is 21. Sex change operations??? Abortions???? One of Biden's nominees seemed to be saying the sex change thing could be for preteens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/2021 5:43 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
One of the amendments to the H.R. 1 voting act is to allow 16 year olds to vote.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/04/they-really-despise-america-gingrich-pans-democrats-push-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-cancel-dr-seuss-1037884/
OR
http://alturl.com/6o6b5
Letseee. Drinking and smoking age is 21. Sex change operations??? Abortions???? One of Biden's nominees seemed to be saying the sex change thing could be for preteens.

I don't think 16 year olds have the maturity to vote. Not sure the
should drive either and many states have put restrictions in recent years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Mar 2021 19:36:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 3/4/2021 5:43 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
One of the amendments to the H.R. 1 voting act is to allow 16 year olds to vote.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/04/they-really-despise-america-gingrich-pans-democrats-push-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-cancel-dr-seuss-1037884/
OR
http://alturl.com/6o6b5
Letseee. Drinking and smoking age is 21. Sex change operations??? Abortions???? One of Biden's nominees seemed to be saying the sex change thing could be for preteens.

I don't think 16 year olds have the maturity to vote. Not sure the
should drive either and many states have put restrictions in recent years.

I was actually one of 3 "incorporators" of Vote-18 in Illinois in the
60's, needed to incorporate, which they needed to do to raise money or
whatever. I didn't think 18-year olds had much maturity either.

And I didn't buy the argument that if they're old enough to fight,
they're old enough to vote. I don't see any relationship there. If
they had wanted to give the vote to those actually in the armed
services, or possibly, those who had actually been in combat, that
would have been a better idea. Less related to the "old enough" but a
lot more related to "fight".

But I didn't think it made much difference either if they could vote.

I've always thought most college students were stupid, juvenile, think
they understand things. I myself, of course, am not like that. Truly,
I put off making up my mind on many things until I had more info and
time to think about it. They call them college men, but they are
really boys. And the "women" are girls.

But all those bad things were pretty much true of 21-year olds too.

Still 16-year olds are even more stupid. And they're not fighting. I
don't think this will go anywhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

I was actually one of 3 "incorporators" of Vote-18 in Illinois in the
60's, needed to incorporate, which they needed to do to raise money or
whatever. I didn't think 18-year olds had much maturity either.

And I didn't buy the argument that if they're old enough to fight,
they're old enough to vote. I don't see any relationship there. If
they had wanted to give the vote to those actually in the armed
services, or possibly, those who had actually been in combat, that
would have been a better idea. Less related to the "old enough" but a
lot more related to "fight".

I agree that 18 is too young to vote and would not even concider 16.

The military wants the 18 year olds as they are old enough to do many of
the grunt works and dumb enough to follow orders that stand a good
chance of getting theirselves killd. Such as being ordered to charge a
mahcine gun nest.

However when they can be drafted into service, they should have a vote.
That may determin if they have to fight or not.

In one way I am almost to the point that believing that if you pay tax
you can vote, but if you do not pay tax you do not vote. Not sure what
to do about the ones that are retired and have paid tax. Sort of think
it may be like socical security in that you have to have had so many tax
years ( what ever they call that for ss purposes). That may open the
voting to some 16 year olds as they have jobs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

[...]

Actually stupid enough to believe that they are invincible. Corse that's
not actually unique to 18 year olds, just much more common with them.

However when they can be drafted into service, they should have a vote.
That may determin if they have to fight or not.

In one way I am almost to the point that believing that if you
pay tax you can vote, but if you do not pay tax you do not vote.

Every decent jurisdiction used to have something
similar but all have scrapped it now.

Not sure what to do about the ones that are retired and have paid tax.

Bullet in the back of the neck because they can be senile.

Sort of think it may be like socical security in
that you have to have had so many tax years
( what ever they call that for ss purposes). That may
open the voting to some 16 year olds as they have jobs.

Yeah, universal suffrage is the only really viable approach.
Its too hard to be selective. Even with convicted criminals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:28:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3:55:25 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

[...]

What kind of tax? I paid tax on candy when I was 5 years old. (It didn't
take me very long to learn what 4% on a quarter's worth of candy meant.)

you can vote, but if you do not pay tax you do not vote. Not sure what
to do about the ones that are retired and have paid tax. Sort of think
it may be like socical security in that you have to have had so many tax
years ( what ever they call that for ss purposes). That may open the
voting to some 16 year olds as they have jobs.

That would amount to a poll tax. Good luck with it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The average 16 year old probably isn't nearly as stupid as the Democrats
that passed this. Either stupid or just figure that they will tend to vote
Democrat, so they get more votes. Take your pick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 03:01 AM, wrote:
What kind of tax? I paid tax on candy when I was 5 years old. (It didn't
take me very long to learn what 4% on a quarter's worth of candy meant.)

I didn't take me long after reaching adulthood to move to a state with
no sales tax.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:47:05 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I didn't take me long after reaching adulthood to move to a state with
no sales tax.

It really didn't, did it, senile blabbermouth? G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:22:55 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

The average 16 year old probably isn't nearly as stupid as the Democrats
that passed this. Either stupid or just figure that they will tend to vote
Democrat, so they get more votes. Take your pick.

That is why I would like it to be the ones that pay fed or state income
tax. I started paying in about 2 months after I was 16 and working in a
grocery store but did not have any say so as to what was being done with
my tax money. Then at 18 (before the 18 right to vote law) worked
several summers at a place building mobile homes, still no vote. To me
that is tax with out repersentation. One reason we broke from England.

And do you also feel that the authority that parents have over their minor
children is unfair?

Get over yourself. You had representation, even if you didn't have a vote
in choosing your representatives.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:41:02 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 03/06/2021 03:01 AM, wrote:
What kind of tax? I paid tax on candy when I was 5 years old. (It didn't
take me very long to learn what 4% on a quarter's worth of candy meant.)

I didn't take me long after reaching adulthood to move to a state with
no sales tax.

Meh. I live in a state with both sales and income tax. Taxes are how
I purchase civilization.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 04:45:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

When someone takes your money you tend to look at where it goes,

Unlikely that many 16 or 18 year olds do with income tax.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you subnormal senile pest?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 03:01 AM, wrote:
What kind of tax? I paid tax on candy when I was 5 years old. (It didn't
take me very long to learn what 4% on a quarter's worth of candy meant.)

I didn't take me long after reaching adulthood to move to a state with
no sales tax.

Meh. I live in a state with both sales and income tax. Taxes are how
I purchase civilization.

Cindy Hamilton

Bowman lives in Montana. When it came to civilization he just said no.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 03:01 AM, wrote:
What kind of tax? I paid tax on candy when I was 5 years old. (It didn't
take me very long to learn what 4% on a quarter's worth of candy meant.)

I didn't take me long after reaching adulthood to move to a state with
no sales tax.

Meh. I live in a state with both sales and income tax. Taxes are how
I purchase civilization.

New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or
income tax. The minimalist state government was funded by selling booze
to Massachusetts residents. They even built a very convenient liquor
store just over the border on I90, easy off and on, we take all major
credit cards.

They've been going to hell recently though. They actually have a MLK
holiday now, the last in the nation to cave.

Montana does have an income tax but the phrase 'sales tax' is a quick
way to end a political career. The county did impose it's own little
gasoline tax by I think the state legislature is getting ready to shoot
that down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 11:24 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:22:55 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
The average 16 year old probably isn't nearly as stupid as the Democrats
that passed this. Either stupid or just figure that they will tend to vote
Democrat, so they get more votes. Take your pick.

That is why I would like it to be the ones that pay fed or state income
tax. I started paying in about 2 months after I was 16 and working in a
grocery store but did not have any say so as to what was being done with
my tax money. Then at 18 (before the 18 right to vote law) worked
several summers at a place building mobile homes, still no vote. To me
that is tax with out repersentation. One reason we broke from England.

And do you also feel that the authority that parents have over their minor
children is unfair?

I think the attempt to undermine parental authority that the Levine
creature proposed is a good reason to send him/her/it to the showers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:10:00 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or

Oh, ****! Just what does it take to make you shut your endlessly gossiping
gob, senile fart? tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:12:46 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I think

No, you don't! YOU just keep running off at the mouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:33:06 PM UTC-6, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:10:00 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or

Oh, ****! Just what does it take to make you shut your endlessly gossiping
gob, senile fart? tsk

he owns you if you ask him that

mk5000

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,--John Donne
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:34:24 PM UTC-6, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:12:46 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
I think

No, you don't! YOU just keep running off at the mouth!

Gggrrrrr you won't let him do anything.

mk5000

Hans Zarba: [Hanif knocks on Hans's door] Yes?
Hanif: [Hanif opens the door, bringing Jacques Gambrelli with him, unaware that the doctor is really Jacques Gambrelli] The doctor.
Hans Zarba: Ah, finallly. Come in, doctor.--Son of the Pink Panther
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:38:34 -0800 (PST), marika, another brain damaged
senile Google groper, blabbered:

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:33:06 PM UTC-6, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:10:00 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,
New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or

Oh, ****! Just what does it take to make you shut your endlessly gossiping
gob, senile fart? tsk

he owns you if you ask him that

mk5000

Oh, another demented, ****ed up Google groper! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 3:51:57 PM UTC-6, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or
income tax. The minimalist state government was funded by selling booze
to Massachusetts residents. They even built a very convenient liquor
store just over the border on I90, easy off and on, we take all major
credit cards.

They've been going to hell recently though. They actually have a MLK
holiday now, the last in the nation to cave.

Montana does have an income tax but the phrase 'sales tax' is a quick
way to end a political career. The county did impose it's own little
gasoline tax by I think the state legislature is getting ready to shoot
that down.

Any state that has much has some kind of tax. They are going to get the
money be it sales tax, income tax,property tax, or tax on the
compaines. The money has to come from somewhere.

Oh.

mk5000

To me, what socialism means is to guarantee a basic level of dignity. It's asserting the value of saying that the America we want and the America that we are proud of is one in which all children can access a dignified education. It's one in which no person is too poor to have the medicines they need to live.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/2021 7:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/4/2021 5:43 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* One of the amendments to the H.R. 1 voting act is to allow 16 year
olds to vote.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/04/they-really-despise-america-gingrich-pans-democrats-push-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-cancel-dr-seuss-1037884/

OR
http://alturl.com/6o6b5
Â*Â*Â* Letseee.Â*Â* Drinking and smoking age is 21.Â* Sex change
operations???Â* Abortions????Â* One of Biden's nominees seemed to be
saying the sex change thing could be for preteens.

I don't think 16 year olds have the maturity to vote.Â* Not sure the
should drive either and many states have put restrictions in recent years.

16 year old haven't the maturity to decide for themselves much at all.
IMO, the age of adult should be raised since even at 21, they act like
teens. Most don't even have a sense of direction in their lives until 25.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Heywood" wrote in message
On 3/6/2021 12:45 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

Why not?

Just the mentality of those at that age. They are much more
likely to be thinking about whether to leave school and work,
leave school and do nothing much or what sort of work to do.

Many of us started part time jobs at 15 or 16. I graduated HS and worked
full time at 17 and paid taxes. Even many college student have part time
jobs at 17 or 18 and do taxes.

Yes, but very few think about what the tax they are paying
gets spent on, particularly when they dont really pay much
in tax. They are much more likely to start thinking about
what the tax they pay gets spent on when they realise what
percentage of their total income is grabbed by the tax system.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/21 1:41 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Yes, but very few think about what the tax they are paying
gets spent on, particularly when they dont really pay much
in tax. They are much more likely to start thinking about
what the tax they pay gets spent on when they realise what
percentage of their total income is grabbed by the tax system.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/7/21 10:57 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 3/4/2021 7:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/4/2021 5:43 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* One of the amendments to the H.R. 1 voting act is to allow 16 year olds to vote.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/04/they-really-despise-america-gingrich-pans-democrats-push-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-cancel-dr-seuss-1037884/
OR
http://alturl.com/6o6b5
Â*Â*Â* Letseee.Â*Â* Drinking and smoking age is 21.Â* Sex change operations???Â* Abortions????Â* One of Biden's nominees seemed to be saying the sex change thing could be for preteens.

I don't think 16 year olds have the maturity to vote.Â* Not sure the should drive either and many states have put restrictions in recent years.

16 year old haven't the maturity to decide for themselves much at all. IMO, the age of adult should be raised since even at 21, they act like teens. Most don't even have a sense of direction in their lives until 25.

People should not be allowed to vote until they are paying at least 10% federal income tax.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2021 7:13 AM, jimmy wrote:

I don't think 16 year olds have the maturity to vote.Â* Not sure the
should drive either and many states have put restrictions in recent
years.

16 year old haven't the maturity to decide for themselves much at all.
IMO, the age of adult should be raised since even at 21, they act like
teens. Most don't even have a sense of direction in their lives until 25.

People should not be allowed to vote until they are paying at least 10%
federal income tax.

Does the eligibility stick with you for life or do you get kicked off
the roles when you retire and pay less taxes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "frank says...

You did not have to take 2020 RMD's. I didn't and taxes are zilch.

What drove me from the Democrat party was when I was paying out about
40% if my income in taxes.

Yes, the RMD was suspended for 2020. I took out some anyway. I set a
goal to have a minimum ammount in the IRA and spend the excess. I worked
hard and did without some things to build up the IRA and now it is time
to spend it on things I want. Last year the IRA did so well it left me
with about 3 to 4 times more left over than I had even planned to take
out,so I took out some and left part of the excess.

If one takes in all the taxes and fees you will usually pay out over 50%
of your income if working. You get hit with income tax from the feds,
many states, then sales tax, license tax for the car, property tax, gas
tax, slaes tax, and many more hidden fees.