Steve

Default Infrared voting system?

I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

NSM

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

IR will suck. Use RF.

Bill Jeffrey

Either RF or IR is likely to be a problem if 10 or 50 people all push
the "vote" button at the same time. There are ways to enable this, but
they are likely to be complex and costly.

Bill
-------------------

NSM wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

IR will suck. Use RF.

NSM

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
Either RF or IR is likely to be a problem if 10 or 50 people all push
the "vote" button at the same time. There are ways to enable this, but
they are likely to be complex and costly.

That's a different problem, but who wants to hear the whining if the IR
signal doesn't register?

CJT

Bill Jeffrey wrote:
Either RF or IR is likely to be a problem if 10 or 50 people all push
the "vote" button at the same time. There are ways to enable this, but
they are likely to be complex and costly.

Bill
-------------------

NSM wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

IR will suck. Use RF.

http://www.cinematrix.com/

NSM

"CJT" wrote in message

http://www.cinematrix.com/

There you go. That should do it. Engineering a new solution will be very
expensive.

Asimov

"NSM" bravely wrote to "All" (05 Apr 05 01:20:53)
--- on the heady topic of " Infrared voting system?"

NS From: "NSM"
NS Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:44963

NS "Steve" wrote in message
NS ups.com...
I'm putting together a talent show and would like audience members to
vote for performers using keypads. I think I need a bunch of infrared
transmitters/keypads, a receiver, a computer, and some software. Does
anyone have an idea where I can get the keypads and put together such a
system inexpensively? Thanks for any info.

NS IR will suck. Use RF.

Thinking about a bunch of RF transmitters all heterodyning in the same
room, shades of Theremin!

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Isn't Fourier and it's applications a bitch!

NSM

"Asimov" wrote in message

Thinking about a bunch of RF transmitters all heterodyning in the same

room, shades of Theremin!

Think about dealing with line of sight issues.

CJT

NSM wrote:
"Asimov" wrote in message

Thinking about a bunch of RF transmitters all heterodyning in the same

room, shades of Theremin!

Think about dealing with line of sight issues.

It's been tried and works great.

Steve

Yes, this product has already been developed and works well for
instance at:
estruction.com and educue.com. I would prefer to develop my own system
to keep the cost down. Heterodyning! That sounds good. Do you think
the transmitters and receivers on this website would do it for
me?http://www.automicro.com.tw
Which ones should I order as samples? Thanks again for any info.

CJT wrote:
NSM wrote:
"Asimov" wrote in

message