Florida Patriot

Default Finally a Kerry worth voting FOR

Until now most people were merely voting against Bush. But now for
the first time undecided voters are seeing not just someone who is
"not Bush" but a man they'd like in the White House.
Rick Cook

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

"My guy won."

"My guy won."

"My guy did better'n your guy."

"My guy did better'n your guy."

"My guy looked better on TV."

"My guy looked better on TV."

"Your guy's a flip-flopper who can't be trusted."

"Your guy's a (w)reckless, squandering bully who can't be trusted."

"Four more years. Four more years."

"New leadership to clean up the mishandled, mistaken mess."
______________

OK, everyone, that just about cover it?

Sadly, no. It won't cover it. When people wake up tomorrow we're in for
another bout of angry people trading insults and high-level abstractions.
(Did any of these folks ever hear of S. I. Hawakawa? Stuart Chase? Levels of
abstraction?)

I will be _Sooooo_ glad when this election is over.

Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

Or what we are going to make people for Christmas. (I still owe my folks a
quilt rack from last year.)

--RC

____
The problem in this country is that the bar is constantly being lowered;
we then cheer clearing the bar as a great accomplishment and achievment.

Richard Clements

anybody got any good Ideas for small projects for gifts?
I was thinking a box with a cheese knife set and a maple/cherry cutting
board lid, any Ieads? thoughs?
still wondering what the best way to do it, make the lid the cutting board,
make the cutting board removeable from the lid etc.
Rick Cook wrote:

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

[...]

Slowhand

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking up
a collection in the back.
SH

RKON

Hey I got my wish from Lee Valley !! They now have a wishlist on the site.
It is a recent addition. No?

Thanks Robin !! You now have your wish

Rich

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Robin Lee

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Too late - I already got it....

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Robin Lee

Hi Rich -

Yes - it's a new addition, just went live yesterday AM....and slicker than
McDonalds' floor tiles in winter....

Our staff (we develop internally here) did a great job!

Cheers -

Rob

"RKON" wrote in message
Hey I got my wish from Lee Valley !! They now have a wishlist on the site.
It is a recent addition. No?

Thanks Robin !! You now have your wish

Rich

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can

buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"Robin Lee" wrote:

Too late - I already got it....

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Hi Rob. When you saw the newsgroup headers, di'ja wonder just how LV was
getting tied into a Kerry for President thread?

"Kerry. Kerry. Kerry. Kerry. LV. Kerry. Kerry... What the hell?"

____
The problem in this country is that the bar is constantly being lowered;
we then cheer clearing the bar as a great accomplishment and achievment.
Rick Cook

Richard Clements wrote:

anybody got any good Ideas for small projects for gifts?

Depends on how much effort you want to put forth for that person. For simple
gifts I'm partial to coasters with chip carved designs. Something I want to put
more time into might include house signs with relief carved designs. (I'm
working on one now that's got a macaw looking at a griffin because those are the
people's favorite animals.) Jewelry boxes/dresser boxes are always nice and the
bandsawn ones have been big hits.

I was thinking a box with a cheese knife set and a maple/cherry cutting
board lid, any Ieads? thoughs?
still wondering what the best way to do it, make the lid the cutting board,
make the cutting board removeable from the lid etc.

If it was me, I'd make the cutting board detachable, or perhaps put slots in the
cutting board like a knife block to store the knives.

--RC

Rick Cook wrote:

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

[...]

Slowhand

"Robin Lee" wrote in message

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can

buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Too late - I already got it....

You know, Xmas is all about giving and sharing g
SH

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:54:31 -0400, Robin Lee wrote:

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Too late - I already got it....

Dear Santa,

To save time, please find enclosed a copy of the latest Lee Valley
catalog, and my inventory of shop tools. Please send one of every item
in the catalog that isn't already in my inventory.

Fred the Red Shirt

http://www.getriil.org/effective.htm

--

FF
Andy H.

Rob,

The wish list is a job well done.

Now where is the option to select the ENTIRE catalog and add to the
wish list?

Andy

"RKON" wrote in message
Hey I got my wish from Lee Valley !! They now have a wishlist on the site.
It is a recent addition. No?

Thanks Robin !! You now have your wish

Rich

"Slowhand" I'm@work wrote in message

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

I want Lee Valley for Christmas. All of it. If Black and Decker can

buy
Delta/Porter Cable, then I should be able to buy Lee Valley. I'm taking

up
a collection in the back.
SH

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:26:46 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

.... snip

OK, everyone, that just about cover it? Good, let's get back to
important issues, like what to ask of Santa for Christmas.

You know, I don't know. A few finishing elves would be nice. I'm not
looking forward to putting the finish on the entertainment center. I'm
building the one from Woodsmith 249. After assembling the carcases, I
realized I'm not building an entertainment center, I'm building a flippin'
room. So, a few elves to put on the Danish oil, followed by some Watco
wiping varnish would be nice.

Rick Cook

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Rick Cook wrote in message ...

(Did any of these folks ever hear of S. I. Hawakawa? Stuart Chase? Levels of
abstraction?)

http://www.getriil.org/effective.htm

--

FF

In other words, no.

Arrgh! We not only get the government most of us deserve, we get the level of political discourse we all
deserve.

--RC

mac davis

I've always found that small boxes are appreciated...

Rick Cook wrote:

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

[...]

Mac
Ace

Why would anybody vote for a Traitor? I heard that if he is elected he is
going to appoint Jane Fonda as ambassador to North Vietnam. Would you
honestly want to be in a foxhole with this jerk? The morale in the Armed
Services overnight will be at an all time low. If he says the Swift Boat
guys are lying about him, why doesn't he take them to court and sue them foe
slander and defamation of character? They would love to get him on the
court room stand.

Rick Cook wrote:

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

[...]

Charlie Self

Ace wins with:

Why would anybody vote for a Traitor? I heard that if he is elected he is
going to appoint Jane Fonda as ambassador to North Vietnam. Would you
honestly want to be in a foxhole with this jerk?

The Navy seldom uses foxholes. And I'd as soon never be in a foxhole with
anyone.

By the way, you did win: Asshole of The Week.

Charlie Self
"Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles."
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Mike Hide

"Rick Cook" wrote in message

Richard Clements wrote:

[...]

At least Kerry has made up his mind on this one, he is going to give Terasa
a WAFFLE iron for Christmas, well I will take that back, if elected it might
well have been renamed as the "winter holiday" !!!! mjh

Ace

Hey Charlie
Take your left hand and grab a hold of your left ear and pull your head out
of your ass!

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Ace wins with:

Why would anybody vote for a Traitor? I heard that if he is elected he

is
going to appoint Jane Fonda as ambassador to North Vietnam. Would you
honestly want to be in a foxhole with this jerk?

The Navy seldom uses foxholes. And I'd as soon never be in a foxhole with
anyone.

By the way, you did win: Asshole of The Week.

Charlie Self
"Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of

principles."
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Jeff Harper

"Ace" wrote in message
Why would anybody vote for a Traitor?

Traitor? You're an insulting ass. Kerry served in combat and was awarded
several medals for heroism. The Republican special forces soldier whose
life he saved wrote about it in the Washington Post:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110005460

I heard that if he is elected he is
Would you honestly want to be in a foxhole with this jerk?

Absolutely. He'd be my first choice. By the way, he had a reputation for
being very aggressive in combat.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110005460

Jeff Harper

By the way, you did win: Asshole of The Week.

I dunno, Charlie, he had some pretty stiff competition down Tampa way...

Miller with more gratuitous insults. Revealing his character.

Jeff Harper
Tampa, FL