Mike Hide

"Rick Cook" wrote in message

Richard Clements wrote:

anybody got any good Ideas for small projects for gifts?

Depends on how much effort you want to put forth for that person. For
simple
gifts I'm partial to coasters with chip carved designs. Something I want
to put
more time into might include house signs with relief carved designs. (I'm
working on one now that's got a macaw looking at a griffin because those
are the
people's favorite animals.) Jewelry boxes/dresser boxes are always nice
and the
bandsawn ones have been big hits.

I was thinking a box with a cheese knife set and a maple/cherry cutting
board lid, any Ieads? thoughs?
still wondering what the best way to do it, make the lid the cutting
board,
make the cutting board removeable from the lid etc.

If it was me, I'd make the cutting board detachable, or perhaps put slots
in the
cutting board like a knife block to store the knives.

At least Kerry has made up his mind on this one, he is going to give Terasa
a WAFFLE iron for Christmas, well I will take that back, if elected it might
well have been renamed as the "winter holiday" !!!! mjh