Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Voting at 16?

In article , says...

People should not be allowed to vote until they are paying at least 10%
federal income tax.

Does the eligibility stick with you for life or do you get kicked off
the roles when you retire and pay less taxes?

For the retired people I would treat it similar to the social security
rule. You have to have had so many quarters/years or what ever of
paying in taxes to vote if you did not fill out an income tax form.
While I have been retired for a few years I still get hit for some
income tax because I get a pension and take out some money from the IRA.