Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Voting at 16?

On 3/6/2021 4:51 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

New Hampshire is, or at least was, quite civilized with no sales or
income tax. The minimalist state government was funded by selling booze
to Massachusetts residents. They even built a very convenient liquor
store just over the border on I90, easy off and on, we take all major
credit cards.

They've been going to hell recently though. They actually have a MLK
holiday now, the last in the nation to cave.

Montana does have an income tax but the phrase 'sales tax' is a quick
way to end a political career. The county did impose it's own little
gasoline tax by I think the state legislature is getting ready to shoot
that down.

Any state that has much has some kind of tax. They are going to get the
money be it sales tax, income tax,property tax, or tax on the
compaines. The money has to come from somewhere.

We have no sales tax here in Delaware and other taxes are moderate.
But, Delaware is the corporate state and maybe 40% of our income comes
from corporate taxes. 12% percent of revenue comes from escheat alone
e.g. if a Delaware corporation sells an gift card anywhere in the US and
it is not used for a couple of years, Delaware grabs it.