Posted to alt.home.repair

Default You can't make this stuff up.

You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2020 4:55 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?

Maybe it comes free if you show your DNC membership?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2020 4:28 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on. Micky is out of his depth on most of
his postings and may not even know this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 21:55:01 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
. ..
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?

Maybe the WaPo should be included in prime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on.Â* Micky is out of his depth on most of
his postings and may not even know this.

No problem accessing the article using Safari. Ads pop up but not
anything unusual. No go using Firefox, though. I have that in
private mod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on.Â* Micky is out of his depth on most
of his postings and may not even know this.

Â*Â*Â* No problem accessing the article using Safari.Â*Â* Ads pop up but not
anything unusual.Â*Â*Â*Â* No go using Firefox,Â* though.Â* I have that in
private mod.

That is interesting. I tried Chrome and could see it too. Does not
work for der Speigel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/19/2020 02:55 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?

Which leads to the age old question "Why buy a cow when they're giving
milk away for free?"

I'd be interested in knowing how well the paywall concept is working out
for the news sites. I certainly can understand the attraction since it's
hard to sell fishwrap these days but actual news has many sources. As
far as editorial content I'm no more interested in the pundit chatter at
WaPo than the 'Vip' content at TownHall.com.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on. Micky is out of his depth on most
of his postings and may not even know this.

No problem accessing the article using Safari. Ads pop up but not
anything unusual. No go using Firefox, though. I have that in
private mod.

No problem with Firefox 73.0.1 on Linux.

There's a banner for a 1 month trial for $1 and a 1 year for $40 button
but neither seem to impeded navigation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does
not charge if they want to pass it on. Micky is out of his depth on
most of his postings and may not even know this.

No problem accessing the article using Safari. Ads pop up but
not anything unusual. No go using Firefox, though. I have that
in private mod.

That is interesting. I tried Chrome and could see it too. Does not
work for der Speigel.

No problem with Spiegel and Firefox on Linux;

Sanders und Warren attackieren Debütant Bloomberg scharf

Von "arroganter Milliardär" bis "rassistische Politik": Michael
Bloomberg musste sich bei seinem ersten TV-Duell einiges von den
demokratischen Mitbewerbern anhören. Doch der schwerreiche Politiker
hielt dagegen.

I like that 'Debütant Bloomberg'. Sounds better auf Deutsch.

Stick a fork in Mini Mike. He's checked about every box in the stereotype.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?

Which leads to the age old question "Why buy a cow when they're giving
milk away for free?"

I'd be interested in knowing how well the paywall concept is working out
for the news sites. I certainly can understand the attraction since it's
hard to sell fishwrap these days but actual news has many sources. As
far as editorial content I'm no more interested in the pundit chatter at
WaPo than the 'Vip' content at TownHall.com.

I notice they stopped giving you a couple for free. Too many people
were just deleting their cookies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default t is easier just to read it on another soite

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on. Micky is out of his depth on most
of his postings and may not even know this.

No problem accessing the article using Safari. Ads pop up but not
anything unusual. No go using Firefox, though. I have that in
private mod.

No problem with Firefox 73.0.1 on Linux.

There's a banner for a 1 month trial for $1 and a 1 year for $40 button
but neither seem to impeded navigation.

It is easier to just read it on another site. Most of this stuff is
"rip and read" from AP or something anyway. Same exact text.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tional-support

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

Fauxahontas ripped Mikey a new asshole tonight comparing him
unfavorably to Trump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/20 3:09 PM, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The racist hospital staff obviously doesn't like orange people.
The "party of tolerance" is not so tolerant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2020 11:13 PM, rbowman wrote:

Sanders und Warren attackieren Debütant Bloomberg scharf

Von "arroganter Milliardär" bis "rassistische Politik": Michael
Bloomberg musste sich bei seinem ersten TV-Duell einiges von den
demokratischen Mitbewerbern anhören. Doch der schwerreiche Politiker
hielt dagegen.

It was just the other day that der Spiegel excluded me on Firefox Win 10.

I know many publications will let you in for a limited time or limited
logins before trying to charge you.

I saw part of the debate last night and Mini Mike was quite wooden and
unimpressive. Nobody in that crowd is going to the convention with
enough delegates to get the nomination.

Many said last night's debate was won by Trump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2020 7:35 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/19/2020 11:13 PM, rbowman wrote:

Sanders und Warren attackieren Debütant Bloomberg scharf

Von "arroganter Milliardär" bis "rassistische Politik": Michael
Bloomberg musste sich bei seinem ersten TV-Duell einiges von den
demokratischen Mitbewerbern anhören. Doch der schwerreiche Politiker
hielt dagegen.

It was just the other day that der Spiegel excluded me on Firefox Win 10.

I know many publications will let you in for a limited time or limited
logins before trying to charge you.

I saw part of the debate last night and Mini Mike was quite wooden and
unimpressive.Â* Nobody in that crowd is going to the convention with
enough delegates to get the nomination.

Many said last night's debate was won by Trump.

That would be a good call. They sure brought up a lot of dirt on
Bloomberg. Amy is a bland nothing. Bernie is still a commie. I though
Buttgig was the most astute of them but I doubt the people are ready to
elect a gay guy yet. Biden managed not to show his dementia.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

I saw a meme that was a photo of several 'youths' beating the **** out
of a guy that occurred a few months ago. Labels were added with
Bloomberg being the victim on the ground with Bernie, Pochohantas, and
the rest of the crew beating and kicking him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on.Â* Micky is out of his depth on most
of his postings and may not even know this.

Â*Â*Â* No problem accessing the article using Safari.Â*Â* Ads pop up but not
anything unusual.Â*Â*Â*Â* No go using Firefox,Â* though.Â* I have that in
private mod.

I can usually view any site if I remove the style sheet and view the
article without it.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7:35:15 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/19/2020 11:13 PM, rbowman wrote:

Sanders und Warren attackieren Debütant Bloomberg scharf

Von "arroganter Milliardär" bis "rassistische Politik": Michael
Bloomberg musste sich bei seinem ersten TV-Duell einiges von den
demokratischen Mitbewerbern anhören. Doch der schwerreiche Politiker
hielt dagegen.

It was just the other day that der Spiegel excluded me on Firefox Win 10.

I know many publications will let you in for a limited time or limited
logins before trying to charge you.

I saw part of the debate last night and Mini Mike was quite wooden and
unimpressive.

I agree. No surprise though, he's not known for being energetic and
charismatic. Warren hammered him big time for his comments about women
and his NDAs. She challenged him to release the women from the NDAs
and poor Mike really had no good answer.

And I thought Bloomberg missed some great opportunities to hammer away
at Bernie. Bernie kept attacking Bloomberg for being successful and
Bloomberg should have put him in his place, like saying, so what companies
have you started? How many jobs have you created? You've spent your
life in DC living off the govt teet and trying to tell everyone else
what to do. Instead he called Bernie a commie.

Nobody in that crowd is going to the convention with
enough delegates to get the nomination.

Probably not.

Many said last night's debate was won by Trump.

Maybe so. I thought that Pete was very impressive compared to all the
rest. Very cool, calm under pressure, with excellent, sharp responses.
He went overboard though going after Klobuchar. That Latino media
questioner harpooned K, asking her if she's fit when she didn't know
the name of the president of Mexico in a recent interview. Pete
should have just let it go, the questioner kept pounding on K, already
beyond what was reasonable. And then Pete saw fit to pile on, it got
to the point K looked like she might cry. I thought that might have
hurt him with women.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 10:20:47 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

Right about now I could use a little bland.

Our primary is after Super Tuesday. I'll see how that comes out before
I make my decision.

Cindy Hamilton

I thought Klobuchar was one of the big losers. She didn't have any strong
moments and when that nasty Latino media woman went after her for not
knowing the name of the president of Mexico, she sure took a big hit on
that. She needs different makeup too, she looked awful. I thought she
was moving up, but IDK now, this was a step back, IMO.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Those that reference it should know this and find a site that does not
charge if they want to pass it on.Â* Micky is out of his depth on most
of his postings and may not even know this.

Â*Â*Â* No problem accessing the article using Safari.Â*Â* Ads pop up but not
anything unusual.Â*Â*Â*Â* No go using Firefox,Â* though.Â* I have that in
private mod.

I can usually view any site if I remove the style sheet and view the
article without it.

Nice to know and now I have learned something. Turning it off and on
bypasses needing subscription with der Spiegel and NYT but have to leave
it on for Wapo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2020 11:27 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/20/2020 11:13 AM, Muggles wrote:

I can usually view any site if I remove the style sheet and view the
article without it.

Nice to know and now I have learned something.Â* Turning it off and on
bypasses needing subscription with der Spiegel and NYT but have to leave
it on for Wapo.

It usually works on sites that ask you to pay before reading the
article. Ticks me off when I can't do something as simple as read the
text.
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2020 1:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/20/2020 11:27 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/20/2020 11:13 AM, Muggles wrote:

I can usually view any site if I remove the style sheet and view the
article without it.

Nice to know and now I have learned something.Â* Turning it off and on
bypasses needing subscription with der Spiegel and NYT but have to leave
it on for Wapo.

It usually works on sites that ask you to pay before reading the
article. Ticks me off when I can't do something as simple as read the
text.

See if you can defeat the subscriber only section of my local paper on line:

https://www.delawareonline.com/

I like to find work arounds too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2020 11:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

That was an embarrassment for her, I thought. You want to be the leader
and don't know who the neighbors are? Probably end of the line soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/20/2020 08:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

Our primary is June 2. I hope the Dems are still duking it out. Bernie
came to town in 2016 and got a great turnout. Clinton got a chilly
reception in 2008 and didn't bother although I think she sent Bill to
Billings to screw some cowgirls.

It's an open primary and most years I take the Democratic ballot since
the Republicans are a done deal by then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

You would thing if you were going to be interviewed on Telemundo you
might do your homework and at least remember AMLO if not his actual name.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2020 12:49 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/20/2020 1:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/20/2020 11:27 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/20/2020 11:13 AM, Muggles wrote:

I can usually view any site if I remove the style sheet and view the
article without it.

Nice to know and now I have learned something.Â* Turning it off and on
bypasses needing subscription with der Spiegel and NYT but have to leave
it on for Wapo.

It usually works on sites that ask you to pay before reading the
article.Â* Ticks me off when I can't do something as simple as read the
text.

See if you can defeat the subscriber only section of my local paper on
line:

https://www.delawareonline.com/

I like to find work arounds too.

yeah I can read stories there ... remove the style, then click on one of
the links on the left ... I had to do it twice before the actual story
stayed put.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system; why should you get something for nothing?

Show the ads, many other businesses do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2020 12:04 AM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Good. Now I see you have to keep at it but it is available without
subscription.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phil Kangas" writes:

"micky" wrote in message
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

The washington post website can kiss my ass...
$40 a year for private use?

Free enterprise system;Â* why should you get something for nothing?

Show the ads, many other businesses do it.

That's right. The money is in the ads not the subscribers. If nobody
reads your paper nobody will advertise in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Hopefully a future Darwin award winner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2020 6:51 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

the links on the left ...Â* I had to do it twice before the actual story
stayed put.

Good.Â* Now I see you have to keep at it but it is available without
subscription.

yep!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:38:48 -0800 (PST), A K
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Bezos ain't letting anyone get anything for free., I just want to know
why WaPo is not included with Prime?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Bezos ain't letting anyone get anything for free., I just want to know
why WaPo is not included with Prime?

I think he wants to keep them segregated. Probably a good thing for
integrity and influence but would be nice to have with Prime.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Bezos ain't letting anyone get anything for free., I just want to know
why WaPo is not included with Prime?

I think he wants to keep them segregated. Probably a good thing for
integrity and influence but would be nice to have with Prime.

Just letting Prime users read the WaPo should have nothing to do with
the editorial integrity of the paper. That already has it's own
problems. This was a money decision.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Bezos ain't letting anyone get anything for free., I just want to know
why WaPo is not included with Prime?

I think he wants to keep them segregated. Probably a good thing for
integrity and influence but would be nice to have with Prime.

Likely the same reason you didn't get a new frigidair when you
bought a chevy, or a new Kelvinator when you bought a Nash - - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...sis-treatment/

Please don't post links like yours.

We noticed you're browsing in private mode.
Private browsing is permitted exclusively for our subscribers. Turn off private browsing to keep reading this story, or subscribe to use this feature, plus get unlimited digital access.

Bezos ain't letting anyone get anything for free., I just want to know
why WaPo is not included with Prime?

I think he wants to keep them segregated. Probably a good thing for
integrity and influence but would be nice to have with Prime.

Likely the same reason you didn't get a new frigidair when you
bought a chevy, or a new Kelvinator when you bought a Nash - - - -

You can subscribe to the WaPo for $40 a year online -- or get it
delivered to your Kindle for $12 a month. Whatta deal.