Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population is
56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and blame
it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

NBC4 Washington http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:24:17 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population is
56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and blame
it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

NBC4 Washington http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

This has to be fake news. Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws
in the country, including an assault weapons ban, universal background
checks and mandatory sentencing for carrying a firearm.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population
is 56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and
blame it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High
School

NBC4 Washington
http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

This has to be fake news. Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws
in the country, including an assault weapons ban, universal background
checks and mandatory sentencing for carrying a firearm.

Fretwell, there you go with another specious argument.

Individual state laws are meaningless when other states have lax laws.

We don't know the details yet, but we do know children have been shot.

This should be unacceptable to everyone in the nation. Leave it to you
to make this about the firearms! Sad.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population
is 56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and
blame it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High
School

NBC4 Washington
http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

This has to be fake news. Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws
in the country, including an assault weapons ban, universal background
checks and mandatory sentencing for carrying a firearm.

Fretwell, there you go with another specious argument.

Individual state laws are meaningless when other states have lax laws.

We don't know the details yet, but we do know children have been shot.

This should be unacceptable to everyone in the nation. Leave it to you
to make this about the firearms! Sad.

What? It is not all about the firearms? What the **** have you been
saying for the last few months? I thought just a few more sensible
laws would cure this problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No sane person ever said that a few more sensible laws
would cure the problem. But a reasonable, sensible permit process
across the country where the local police issue permits after they
do a background check, could lessen it. It would have stopped Cruz
from just walking into Dick;s and buying guns. And it would certainly
reduce straw purchases, unless you think a straw purchaser
is going to apply at the local police dept for a permit to buy 12 guns.
Straw purchases that then flow from a state like FL or MS to Chicago.

We'll see how this latest perp acquired his gun and what, if anything
we can learn from it. The problem is there are way too many people
who don't want to learn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2018 10:24 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population is
56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and blame
it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

NBC4 Washington http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

Had a happy ending this time. Shooter dead, guard did his job.

From Yahoo:
Two students at a high school in Great Mills, Maryland, were shot and
injured this morning, allegedly by a classmate who died after exchanging
fire with a school resource officer, authorities said.

His two alleged victims -- a male student and female student -- were
shot in a hallway just before classes began, authorities said.

The sole school resource officer engaged the suspected shooter, who was
a male student, and fired a round, authorities said, adding that the
shooter fired a round, too. He was injured and has since died at a
hospital, police said.

The two other students were hospitalized, police said.

The female student is in critical condition and the male student is in
stable condition, authorities said.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:43:21 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

On 3/20/2018 at 8:30:03 AM, wrote:

What? It is not all about the firearms? What the **** have you been
saying for the last few months? I thought just a few more sensible
laws would cure this problem.

Neither my post or the article itself were about firearms. It was
about the senseless shooting of children while at school.

Your natural tendency is to introduce red herrings in furtherance of
your agendas.

I am just pointing out that you and Trader have been blaming lax laws
for all of the gun violence lately and now, suddenly it is a red
herring.

Again, I did not blame lax gun laws for *all* the gun violence. I merely
pointed out that if FL had a permit process and law whereby the local
police issue the permit that is required to buy a gun, then you have
a logical place for the red flags to come together and Cruz would have
been denied a permit. Not only would it discourage misfit, troubled
people like Cruz, it would greatly reduce the straw purchase of guns.
Unless you think a straw buyer is going to apply for a permit with
the local police to buy 12 guns. Or even one gun for their felon boyfriend.
I think it would dissuade many people like that, knowing that they had
to go apply with the local police, as opposed to just walking into
Dicks.

I know we can't stop it all, what I don't get is why you don't think
stopping some of it, saving some lives, is worth the simple local police
permit process.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:44:56 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

On 3/20/2018 at 8:30:03 AM, wrote:

[...]

We will see how the more inclusive Maryland law failed as details come
out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2018 at 10:28:56 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/20/2018 10:24 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Here we go again, another school shooting. The student population
is 56% minority, so, I am sure the racists will just dismiss it and
blame it on color, in one way or another.

2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High
School

NBC4 Washington http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rtpt

Had a happy ending this time. Shooter dead, guard did his job.

From Yahoo:
Two students at a high school in Great Mills, Maryland, were shot and
injured this morning, allegedly by a classmate who died after
exchanging fire with a school resource officer, authorities said.

His two alleged victims -- a male student and female student -- were
shot in a hallway just before classes began, authorities said.

The sole school resource officer engaged the suspected shooter, who
was a male student, and fired a round, authorities said, adding that
the shooter fired a round, too. He was injured and has since died at
a hospital, police said.

The two other students were hospitalized, police said.

The female student is in critical condition and the male student is
in stable condition, authorities said.

Not sure I would call it a happy ending, maybe just a less sad and
pathetic ending.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 3:00:15 PM UTC-4, Dove Tail wrote:
On 3/20/2018 at 10:33:44 AM, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:43:21 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

On 3/20/2018 at 8:30:03 AM,
wrote:

What? It is not all about the firearms? What the **** have you been
saying for the last few months? I thought just a few more sensible
laws would cure this problem.

Neither my post or the article itself were about firearms. It was
about the senseless shooting of children while at school.

Your natural tendency is to introduce red herrings in furtherance of
your agendas.

I am just pointing out that you and Trader have been blaming lax laws
for all of the gun violence lately and now, suddenly it is a red
herring.

I know what you are expressing, but it really had nothing to do with
the original post or anything I wrote in that post.

It is possible that in your mind, you feel such events are due to lax
gun laws. I certainly did not write that.

Wow, have you gone off your meds? You've been here pushing for new
laws or changes to the constitution to confiscate all semi-autos.
You pushed it big time, many posts in discussions about Parkland, FL.
And now you said that you did not write that events like this are
due to lax gun laws? So, you're now saying that you just want to
take guns away, but it won't affect these shootings? Wow, better
find those meds.