Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2 Students, Suspect Injured in Shooting at St. Mary's Co. High School

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:44:56 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:43:21 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

On 3/20/2018 at 8:30:03 AM, wrote:

What? It is not all about the firearms? What the **** have you been
saying for the last few months? I thought just a few more sensible
laws would cure this problem.

Neither my post or the article itself were about firearms. It was
about the senseless shooting of children while at school.

Your natural tendency is to introduce red herrings in furtherance of
your agendas.

I am just pointing out that you and Trader have been blaming lax laws
for all of the gun violence lately and now, suddenly it is a red
herring.

Again, I did not blame lax gun laws for *all* the gun violence. I merely
pointed out that if FL had a permit process and law whereby the local
police issue the permit that is required to buy a gun, then you have
a logical place for the red flags to come together and Cruz would have
been denied a permit. Not only would it discourage misfit, troubled
people like Cruz, it would greatly reduce the straw purchase of guns.
Unless you think a straw buyer is going to apply for a permit with
the local police to buy 12 guns. Or even one gun for their felon boyfriend.
I think it would dissuade many people like that, knowing that they had
to go apply with the local police, as opposed to just walking into
Dicks.

I know we can't stop it all, what I don't get is why you don't think
stopping some of it, saving some lives, is worth the simple local police
permit process.

We will see how the more inclusive Maryland law failed as details come
out.