Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loseselection

On 11/27/2016 11:14 AM, Muggles wrote:

You misunderstand. My goal is to take back our religious freedoms. We
want to be ALLOWED to pray in public - that's just one right I want
restored.

You are allowed. Head on down to the park and pray. Stand in front of
your house and pray. You can even pray riding a bus, but pay attention
so you don't miss your stop.

Oh, don't make everyone around you pray though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/27/2016 11:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2016 11:14 AM, Muggles wrote:

Our country was based on Christian principles and part of those
principles include freedom of religion.

It also implies freedom from religion as we are not forced to join a
church or to worship.

The Constitution does not imply freedom FROM religion.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 12:51:10 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/27/2016 11:14 AM, Muggles wrote:

Our country was based on Christian principles and part of those
principles include freedom of religion.

It also implies freedom from religion as we are not forced to join a
church or to worship.

Next she will cite the Constitution.

"...The United States Constitution addresses the issue of religion in
two places: in the First Amendment, and the Article VI prohibition on
religious tests as a condition for holding public office. The First
Amendment prohibits the Congress from making a law "respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".
This provision was later expanded to state and local governments,
through the Incorporation of the Fourteenth Amendment."

People are free to pray or NOT to pray.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 08:47:20 -0800, Sterling Archer
wrote:

Muggles has brought this to us :

If anyone doesn't like the expression of someone's Christian faith, they
can look away. No one is forcing them to participate.

Look away? Why can't or shouldn't we openly ridicule you for talking
to your invisible friends? Would you be equally OK with muslims, jews,
wiccans and satanists openly expressing their faith, in the same public
places and at the same time as the christians?

She is confusing public prayer with unimpeded public proselytizing.
She and her cult members want to be able to attempt to convert
everyone without any ridicule from anyone, not just government.

She knows they can pray and proselytize in public, she wants
christianity to be sanctioned by law as the official and preferred
cult of the nation. She also wants to silence those of us who
criticize their cult.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 1:00:26 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/27/2016 11:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2016 11:14 AM, Muggles wrote:

Our country was based on Christian principles and part of those
principles include freedom of religion.

It also implies freedom from religion as we are not forced to join a
church or to worship.

The Constitution does not imply freedom FROM religion.

Are you asserting that the Constitution requires us to subscribe
to SOME religion? Need it be a Christian sect?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/27/2016 2:32 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 1:00:26 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/27/2016 11:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/27/2016 11:14 AM, Muggles wrote:

Our country was based on Christian principles and part of those
principles include freedom of religion.

It also implies freedom from religion as we are not forced to join a
church or to worship.

The Constitution does not imply freedom FROM religion.

Are you asserting that the Constitution requires us to subscribe
to SOME religion? Need it be a Christian sect?

Not even close.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 11:46:47 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/26/2016 10:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 11:01:17 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/25/2016 7:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 1:11:25 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

It's all about choice. Always has been.

Still waiting for you or one of the other homophobes to tell us about
the process you went through in making your sexual preference decision.

Every time I see that question asked it gives me a chuckle. It's an
attempt to turn the discussion away from the fact that babies aren't
born with a sexual orientation, therefore, it's a moot argument to claim
anyone is born gay.

In other words, you know you can't answer the simple question about when you
made your choice of sexual preference, so you obfuscate.

Your question is irrelevant. The information, influences, process of
thought, decision making skills, reasons we make our choices, and
numerous outside factors that were available to me as I was growing up
are just as unique as they were to someone else.

It's totally relevant, because you claim sexual preference is a "choice".
So, tell us about your choice process, the day you decided what your
sexual preference would be.

And like Cindy said, what great harm comes to you from a gay marriage?

First you claim it involves hormones. Then you tell us it's just a choice.

What don't you get? It's basic growth of humans... we're born BABIES
having a gender. We have to go through adolescence and at that time our
hormones begin to manifest. At that time we become aware of our
sexuality,

And obviously for some people when they become aware of their sexuality,
they are become aware that they are attracted to the same sex. It's
not a "decision".

It IS a decision.

So, again, tell us about the glorious day when you reached your decision.

Do you think anyone does ANYTHING in their life without having observed
their choices, thinking about those choices, and then making a decision
to proceed with a particular choice??

So tell us about your glorious day, where you were, when you made that
all important decision.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 12:07:36 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/26/2016 10:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 11:33:21 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/26/2016 9:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Given that Trump now says the issue of gay marriage is "irrelevant"
and "done", why would what a SC nominee is likely to think about
gay marriage matter to Trump?

You're pretty short sighted, aren't you?

No, not at all. I told you for over a year that Trump wasn't going
to live up to much of his BS,

Trump hasn't even taken office yet. How can he not live up to being
president BEFORE he even takes office???

By flipping on his promises before he even takes office, that's how.
He's doing it right and left and I've provided you a list of great
examples.

How about those rapists and drug runners, that were not like you and you?
Now they are "good people" that we have to deal with fairly.

ROFL. Boy he played you real well!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 12:15:20 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/26/2016 10:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 11:18:32 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

So, tell us your evaluation process, your thought process, and tell us
all about that glorious day when you decided your sexual preference.
You'd be the first.

What don't you get??

What I don't get is that every gay man I've ever known (and I've
known quite a few) said he knew he was attracted to men long
before adolescence. When I was 8 or 9 years old, pining for
Ilya Kuryakin, so were they.

It doesn't wait for adolescence.

And even if it does, so what? That still doesn't mean that one's
sexual attraction is a free choice, made by a decision.

Yes, it does. It also invalidates any claim that anyone is born with a
sexual orientation.

You think just because someone "feels" they're attracted to the same
gender that their only choice is they're obviously gay. They have a
choice in what they will conclude, how they will respond, and which
directly they will take their life.

That's why
M can't explain to us the process, the decision, the day she made
her choice.

You have issues with analysis, and even accepting that there is a
"process of thought", or "decision-making process". You surely wouldn't
be able to GET any detailed explanation of any of those processes.

--
Maggie

Of course we can't get an answer about the decision process from you,
because it wasn't a decision and even you know it.