Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Totally. Bread from supermarket bakery. Tiger Bread

Any fans of "Tiger Bread"?

If so, please take a look at the label - does it claim to contain Sesame
Oil?

Reason - I used to really like Tiger Bread - but recently it seems to taste
the same as any other. Sainsbury's does not claim theirs contains sesame
oil - but I am sure it used to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:57:50 UTC, "John"
wrote:

Any fans of "Tiger Bread"?

If so, please take a look at the label - does it claim to contain Sesame
Oil?

Reason - I used to really like Tiger Bread - but recently it seems to taste
the same as any other. Sainsbury's does not claim theirs contains sesame
oil - but I am sure it used to.

Haven't got a label handy. But Tesco's Tiger Bread takes markedly better
than that from Asda. I just finished off the loaf, much to SWTSMBO's
annoyance!

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Any fans of "Tiger Bread"?

If so, please take a look at the label - does it claim to contain
Sesame Oil?

Reason - I used to really like Tiger Bread - but recently it seems to
taste the same as any other. Sainsbury's does not claim theirs
contains sesame oil - but I am sure it used to.

It's painted with sesame paste before proving. Ask the bakers - they'll tell
you exactly what's in it. It works well at home but tends to flatten my
bread a bit for some reason. Flour not strong enough probably.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote in

Any fans of "Tiger Bread"?

I appreciate that this is OT your OT but...

....Warrens Tiger Bread - St Just and Penzance and they've opened up in
several other locations in recent years.

Just have to taste any tiger bread and there's a residual memory of cheese
and tomato tiger bread baps eaten on the beach or outside the tent with the
kids.

Warrens: http://www.warrensbakery.co.uk/

If so, please take a look at the label - does it claim to contain
Sesame Oil?

Asda says:

"Tiger bread has sesame oil as an unusual ingredient which adds to its taste
and gives it a wonderful aroma.
It has a stripy appearance which is created by a pattern being painted with
rice paste onto the surface of the bread prior to baking. The paste dries
and cracks during the baking process, creating a two-colour effect similar
to a tiger; hence the name."

Searches seem to suggest - very unscientifically - that Tesco's tiger bread
is preferred to Sainsbury's.

All you've got to do now, as a Sainsbury's customer, is to work out which
would be the more embarrassing: risking being seen going to Asda or to
Tesco's

And thanks for the quick flashback to Gwenver beach.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

bread box Don Richard Woodworking 8 November 7th 07 06:22 PM
bread box Don Richard Woodworking 3 November 4th 06 06:24 PM
TURNED HANDLE BREAD KNIFE J T Woodworking 0 September 22nd 06 03:06 AM
bread making machine yeast normanwisdom UK diy 17 June 16th 06 12:17 AM
Bread makers Maurice Hood UK diy 16 October 26th 04 12:06 AM