Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Totally OT - How much was todays pastie in the £1 Bakery?

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you
buy

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"ARW" wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you
buy

Ummmm... £1.00?
(And .025 inch on the waist?)

J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Another John wrote:
In article ,
"ARW" wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which
one you buy

Ummmm... £1.00?
(And .025 inch on the waist?)

Afaid not. And when someone gets the right answer then I will reveal why the
apprentice got a bollocking (I was not too harsh on him but he is still a
dick).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which
one you buy

Hmm. Hot take-away food, that's 20% VAT innit? £1.20.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

jgharston wrote:
ARW wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter
which one you buy

Hmm. Hot take-away food, that's 20% VAT innit? £1.20.

It's not VAT related:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 19:27:53 -0000, ARW wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one
you buy

A fiver.

'cause that's what you gave the apprentice and you didn't get any change.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2012 20:08, ARW wrote:
jgharston wrote:
ARW wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter
which one you buy

Hmm. Hot take-away food, that's 20% VAT innit? £1.20.

It's not VAT related:-)

Two pounds - they are meant to feed two?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 19:27:53 -0000, "ARW" wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you
buy

61 quid because he got a parking ticket?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which
one you buy

2 for a £1?

I'm working on the basis that you were working oop North where stuff's
cheap, not down 'ere where you'd not even get a sniff of your almond
croissant for £1!
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Other Mike wrote:

61 quid because he got a parking ticket?

Oh - *excellent* answer!! :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you
buy

What a useless flipping website

I know it's oop norf somewhere because they sell "barms [down ere that's
what you put on your lips :-)]

but that's all it tells me. There's a new store opening, but no clue as to
where!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:27:53 PM UTC, wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you

buy

--

Adam

well some supermarkets do special offers of say £1 each or two for 3 quid ;-0

Then there's the buy one get the second half price which is OK.
The there's buy two and get the cheaper one for free.

So you could sell two for a £1 and decide that they are 50p each so only charge for one at 50p and give the other one free.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:50:07 +0000, Robin wrote:

I'm working on the basis that you were working oop North where stuff's
cheap, not down 'ere where you'd not even get a sniff of your almond
croissant for £1!

Sainsbury's do 3 for the price of two (actually it's mix and match with the cheapest free) so I've just bought three
for £1:50.....:-)

--
Terry Fields
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2012 14:19, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:27:53 PM UTC, wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you

buy

--

Adam

well some supermarkets do special offers of say £1 each or two for 3 quid ;-0

Then there's the buy one get the second half price which is OK.
The there's buy two and get the cheaper one for free.

Not like ASDA then.. £1.79 each or two for £1.50 for something I bought
last week.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sainsbury's do 3 for the price of two (actually it's mix and match
with the cheapest free) so I've just bought three for £1:50.....:-)

I sit corrected.

Mind you, I think I was subconsciously assuming that a man of Adam's
calibre would, if in London, send the apprentice off to the nearest
branch of Paul's Boulangerie for his snap

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Robin wrote:
Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which
one you buy

2 for a £1?

You are about the closest so far. So here is the full answer.

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a £1 (as I found out at
dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my pastie
separately to his pastie!

I did explain that he had wasted 60p but I don't think it sunk in.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:44:11 PM UTC, wrote:
Robin wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which

one you buy

2 for a �1?

You are about the closest so far. So here is the full answer.

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a �1 (as I found out at

dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my pastie

separately to his pastie!

I did explain that he had wasted 60p but I don't think it sunk in.

--

Adam

He is not so thick. You got your pastie for less than a pound,be happy. He got his for 20p, and survived the roasting you gave him, and is now laughing with his mates how he got one over on you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
Robin wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter
which

one you buy

2 for a ?1?

You are about the closest so far. So here is the full answer.

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a ?1 (as I found out
at

dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my
pastie

separately to his pastie!

I did explain that he had wasted 60p but I don't think it sunk in.

--

Adam

He is not so thick. You got your pastie for less than a pound,be
happy. He got his for 20p, and survived the roasting you gave him,
and is now laughing with his mates how he got one over on you.

If I ever find out that that is true then I will kick his head in. He had no
money so I gave him a quid to buy a pastie for himself and he did give me
40p change. I sort of assumed that the £1 bakers charged a quid for a
pastie.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:44:11 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a £1 (as I found out at
dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my pastie
separately to his pastie!

Oh, that reminds me of the World's Thickest Apprentice who came round
to the roll shop every pre-lunchtime for his workmates'order.

He'd order, and pay for, things one at a time, and carefully keep
every bit of change seperate. ****'s sake, I used to dread getting in
behind him until one day I snapped at him to pull his finger out and
use his ****ing head - as a nail-driver if nothing else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Robin wrote:

[...]

so it sounds like you gave him two quid for two pasties.

Your apprentice goes to shop, finds that 1 pasty is 80 pence, or he can
have two for a pound.

So if he did buy two separate ones, that's £1.60 to the shop and 40pence
change back to you.

Now if said apprentice wanted to pull a fast one on his boss, he would
have bought two pasties for 1 pound, leaving him with £1 change.

HE then gave you 40 pence change, which then means he's had a free
pastie and 60 pence in his pocket.....

Stephen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 23:32:35 +0000, Stephen H wrote:

wrote:
Robin wrote:

[...]

And if that's the case, Adam should keep a bright lad like that.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 08/12/12 23:32, Stephen H wrote:
On 06/12/2012 19:30, ARW wrote:

[...]

But still owes Adam 80p (borrowed £1 returned 20p as change)

so either apprentice paid 80p for his pastie or he paid £1/2 (50p)
in either case he owes Adam the £1 he borrowed.

Unless Adam gave rather than lent the £1. In which case
Apprentice got £1 gift from Adam
Adam got a pasty and 40p change from Shop via agency of Apprentice, so
his pasty cost him 60p

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 06/12/2012 19:30, ARW wrote:

[...]

I gave him the pound.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2012 19:30, ARW wrote:

[...]

Even if Adam demanded his 80p for the apprentice's pasty, , the
apprentice still has 60p from his "little scam" so if he gave the 80
pence to Adam, the apprentice's pasty has in fact cost the apprentice
just 20p....

so either apprentice paid 80p for his pastie or he paid £1/2 (50p)
in either case he owes Adam the £1 he borrowed.

no, not if the apprentice did pay £1 for two pasties and pretended to
Adam that he had paid £1.60 for the two pasties (at 80 pence each)

Todays top tip ARWadsworth UK diy 5 July 15th 12 03:35 PM
Totally totally. totally OT. Not safe for kids to view. ARWadsworth UK diy 24 June 1st 12 12:34 PM
OT; Todays top H&S tip The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 71 March 8th 10 08:02 PM
OT - Totally. Bread from supermarket bakery. Tiger Bread John UK diy 3 March 16th 08 10:42 AM
todays message : [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 18th 08 07:03 AM