Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen H Stephen H is offline

Default Totally OT - How much was todays pastie in the £1 Bakery?

On 06/12/2012 19:30, ARW wrote:
misterroy wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:44:11 PM UTC,
wrote:
Robin wrote:

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter
which

one you buy

2 for a ?1?

You are about the closest so far. So here is the full answer.

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a ?1 (as I found out
at

dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my
pastie

separately to his pastie!

I did explain that he had wasted 60p but I don't think it sunk in.

--

Adam

He is not so thick. You got your pastie for less than a pound,be
happy. He got his for 20p, and survived the roasting you gave him,
and is now laughing with his mates how he got one over on you.

If I ever find out that that is true then I will kick his head in. He had no
money so I gave him a quid to buy a pastie for himself and he did give me
40p change. I sort of assumed that the £1 bakers charged a quid for a
pastie.

so it sounds like you gave him two quid for two pasties.

Your apprentice goes to shop, finds that 1 pasty is 80 pence, or he can
have two for a pound.

So if he did buy two separate ones, that's £1.60 to the shop and 40pence
change back to you.

Now if said apprentice wanted to pull a fast one on his boss, he would
have bought two pasties for 1 pound, leaving him with £1 change.

HE then gave you 40 pence change, which then means he's had a free
pastie and 60 pence in his pocket.....

Stephen.