Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Totally OT - How much was todays pastie in the £1 Bakery?

djc wrote:
On 08/12/12 23:32, Stephen H wrote:
On 06/12/2012 19:30, ARW wrote:

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a ?1 (as I
found out at dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for
my pastie separately to his pastie!

If I ever find out that that is true then I will kick his head
in. He had no
money so I gave him a quid to buy a pastie for himself and he did
give me 40p change. I sort of assumed that the £1 bakers charged
a quid for a pastie.

so it sounds like you gave him two quid for two pasties.

Your apprentice goes to shop, finds that 1 pasty is 80 pence, or he
can have two for a pound.

So if he did buy two separate ones, that's £1.60 to the shop and
40pence change back to you.

Now if said apprentice wanted to pull a fast one on his boss, he
would have bought two pasties for 1 pound, leaving him with £1
change. HE then gave you 40 pence change, which then means he's had a
free
pastie and 60 pence in his pocket.....

But still owes Adam 80p (borrowed £1 returned 20p as change)

so either apprentice paid 80p for his pastie or he paid £1/2 (50p)
in either case he owes Adam the £1 he borrowed.

Unless Adam gave rather than lent the £1. In which case
Apprentice got £1 gift from Adam
Adam got a pasty and 40p change from Shop via agency of Apprentice, so
his pasty cost him 60p

I gave him the pound.

--
Adam